How uninspiring

Monmouthred

Star Player
What the hell was that press conference from O'Neil?

Could he be less enthusiastic?

If he makes me think like that, what does he do to the players?

Look… GON is GON… He’s delivered press conferences and interviews in the same manner since he first took charge so I doubt he’ll change… Not sure this particular press conferences deserves singling out for extra criticism.

He’s never gonna jump around with excitement at recent events… He’s measured in what he says and says Umm far too much… maybe still lacking in experience in front of the cameras but more likely it’s just him… I’m not gonna bag him any more than I have done already for his demeanour…

Maybe we ask too much of managers post Eddie…?!?!

Regardless of anything he says, we do need short term results.

Is he going to wait until the last 5 games to string a run of results together?

Don't think he has that long.
Going to be a tough next 5 weeks. Don't see a lot of points in it, but there are some opportunities and maybe a surprise or two. Have to hold our nerve as supporters, hope to still be in the running with the bottom 7/8, see some good performances and a discernible style and willingness.
If all that comes together, we will have a good chance to succeed over the final two months.
That said, will the owners also hold their nerve, or cut and run?

I don't see the cause for the OP criticism. Felt factual, measured and covered the issues - integration of new players on/off field, importance of recovery of injured players, coy regarding upcoming opponent, long-term opportunities vs. need for short-term results.

Completely agree. It's all getting a little hyperbolic. I'm sure there'll be some scathing criticism about how he gets off the team bus soon!

Well he was asked ..and he told what he feels about what he knows...and if you like that sort of thing - he was very much more articulate than SP...better verb tense usage and some coherent sentence structure ..although not dissimilar to SP wiv slicing the 'th' off of 'think' and replacing wiv an 'f' !
The eye contact was good...and tbf....he seemed positive without going dopey dokes and feeding us any crap....
...over to the players in a few hours...
.....and a sky high .... 'Up The Cherries'

Some managers are good at talk the talk, but more importantly is they do the walk the walk.

Gary tries to give honest answers to questions, bet his glad when these press conferences are done.

The interview is what we expected, but it’s still concerning. The reality is that we haven’t got the time to ‘bed players in.’ If we’re going down that route then we are going to be bedding them in for the championship. The team we have been playing with clearly isn’t good enough to pick up the points that we need. I know it’s not ideal to throw in multiple new faces with limited training, but it’s our only shot at salvaging this situation imo. It still might not be enough, but at least it would give us a chance. Carry on with the team we have been playing with and there is no chance of surviving. We can’t afford to throw away more points. This may be a game where we’re not expected to get anything, but realistically we are going to have to pick up points in games like this to survive.

The interview is what we expected, but it’s still concerning. The reality is that we haven’t got the time to ‘bed players in.’ If we’re going down that route then we are going to be bedding them in for the championship. The team we have been playing with clearly isn’t good enough to pick up the points that we need. I know it’s not ideal to throw in multiple new faces with limited training, but it’s our only shot at salvaging this situation imo. It still might not be enough, but at least it would give us a chance. Carry on with the team we have been playing with and there is no chance of surviving. We can’t afford to throw away more points. This may be a game where we’re not expected to get anything, but realistically we are going to have to pick up points in games like this to survive.
Don't disagree generally, but I also don't think he said that he wasn't going to make some changes. Again, as supporters we will need to take a deep breath. Let's at least see what the line-up looks like today and next week.

Get a handful of points out of the next six games, find the optimum line-up adjusted as need be for the opponent in front of us, and create some team identity ..... I am convinced that we will have enough time to make our way out of the bottom three.

Wow not sure GoN could have handled that much better and he still gets pelters. Think people's personal dislike of someone cloud their objectiveness in assessment.

He said what I hoped he'd say. Take Zabarnyi, je said he's not been playing due to a mid season break so he's not as far forward fitness wide as Traore who played last Sunday. He didn't say he wouldn't play just we need to remper emotions around that, so maybe if he does play he might only be fir enough for 60 mins etc, where as Traire should be able to hit the ground running fitness wise.

But we fans need yo be patient whilst 5 of the signings geylt used to a new culture, weather and pace of the PL

Some of us are just along for the ride and its been a real roller coaster.
1675513380901.png
As you can see it has it's ups and it's downs.
I don't get too worked up about results these days, as I don't believe we can compete with the big clubs, any surprises that come along the way are always nice thou.
Lets hope the new players can transform the team into an attacking force as of old,

Maybe mostly me then, but getting 90m worth of players added to a 'newly promoted team squad', and still deliver that same negative slanted style, was particularly disappointing if not totally unexpected.

Wow not sure GoN could have handled that much better and he still gets pelters. Think people's personal dislike of someone cloud their objectiveness in assessment.

He said what I hoped he'd say. Take Zabarnyi, je said he's not been playing due to a mid season break so he's not as far forward fitness wide as Traore who played last Sunday. He didn't say he wouldn't play just we need to remper emotions around that, so maybe if he does play he might only be fir enough for 60 mins etc, where as Traire should be able to hit the ground running fitness wise.

But we fans need yo be patient whilst 5 of the signings geylt used to a new culture, weather and pace of the PL
You're easily pleased then

Exactly what I expected doesn't even play Zabarnyi, and takes Traore off after 60 minutes despite being our best player.

Desperately tries to hold on for a point and fails again. His negative attitude transmits into the way we are asked to play, and fails game after game. No doubt he'll trot out the 'newly promoted team' shite in the post match conference, and how can we possibly hope to compete with the likes of Brighton.

;