Huddersfield Town v AFC Bournemouth

Mepham is going to be outstanding. He'll drop a few clangers along the way with the risks he sometimes takes in possession, but he's got all the attributes.

That last ditch goal saving tackle today was superhuman. Even Ake would struggle to top that.

Exciting player.

Thought King was subpar, making wrong decisions and failing to put himself about. Didn't impose himself like a half fit Wilson did.

Surman was weak in midfield and was the other substandard performer today. Gave the ball away so many times. The outstanding Lerma carried him at times.

Hope Brooks and Smith are ok. The abuse Huddersfield fans gave the clearly injured Smith was very undignified.

TBF the way Smith threw himself back onto the pitch to try and get play stopped would have incensed me if an opposition player had done it to us.

Enjoyed today. We looked a lot more like our old selves. Mepham is looking promising. Ake and Lerma look class and the Wilson/Fraser goal creation bromance is back up and running.

I do worry a bit about Charlie’s lack of pace, there were a couple of occasions when scything tackles didn’t merit a yellow card because he was so late he was nowhere near man nor ball.

Last edited:
Mepham is going to be outstanding. He'll drop a few clangers along the way with the risks he sometimes takes in possession, but he's got all the attributes.

That last ditch goal saving tackle today was superhuman. Even Ake would struggle to top that.

Exciting player.

Thought King was subpar, making wrong decisions and failing to put himself about. Didn't impose himself like a half fit Wilson did.

Surman was weak in midfield and was the other substandard performer today. Gave the ball away so many times. The outstanding Lerma carried him at times.

Hope Brooks and Smith are ok. The abuse Huddersfield fans gave the clearly injured Smith was very undignified.

I think the abuse was less for the injury, more for the way he managed to fall back onto the pitch and hold up play as a result. I understand why he did it, but it wasn't very sporting.

TBF the way Smith threw himself back onto the pitch to try and get play stopped would have incensed me if an opposition player had done it to us.

Enjoyed today. We looked a lot more like our old selves.

Nobody should be in any doubt that we are absolute experts in shithousery of the highest order. Smith was taking the piss and any player that did that at DC would have dogs abuse in exactly the same way. We did similar things at Stoke a few seasons ago and they've never forgotten.

Three points though.

I think the abuse was less for the injury, more for the way he managed to fall back onto the pitch and hold up play as a result. I understand why he did it, but it wasn't very sporting.
Disgusting display by Smith, have we really changed into a club looking to mock the rules of the game, Eddie should of told him to stay off the pitch, but i saw Tindall telling him to roll back on.. Awful
Worst game i've seen since Stains at home. Awful game.

Good performances all round. Concerned about Rico, is he a dead end like Hyndman or is there potential over time? Newcastle as shown against Everton are no mugs and we'll have to look at ways of hurting them next Saturday.

thought we were distinctly average, especially out of possession
the number of times we failed to win the ball across the midfield, brookes in particular, was worrying. if hudds had a clue about playing a final pass and getting a shot on target we would have been in trouble
Mooy and Pritchard were excellent for them as they were in the home game
wonder if either will be available in the summer?

Good performances all round. Concerned about Rico, is he a dead end like Hyndman or is there potential over time? Newcastle as shown against Everton are no mugs and we'll have to look at ways of hurting them next Saturday.

Newcastle have a great defensive away record only conceding 18 in 14 games - only Liverpool Man City and wolves have let in less. Expect them to sit in deep again to deny us space. Good test for us.

thought we were distinctly average, especially out of possession
the number of times we failed to win the ball across the midfield, brookes in particular, was worrying. if hudds had a clue about playing a final pass and getting a shot on target we would have been in trouble
Mooy and Pritchard were excellent for them as they were in the home game
wonder if either will be available in the summer?

Pritchard was impressive at Brentford during our promotion season. Question would be is he good enough to displace the likes of Cook (when fit). We need better quality in midfield not just spare players.

Not surprising but the atmosphere sounded a lot different to last season.

To be fair, their fans were very loud until we scored and the hope of snatching another 1-0 victory was gone. Our second goal just seemed to kill off any optimism their fans had and the fire drill was in full effect well before the end and there were many empty seats all around before the final whistle.

Listened to their manager’s interview after the game, he was not at all happy with the performance. Mentioned he was expecting the same performance that he saw against Wolves.

Unfortunately for him he was up against a side that wanted to end that away run and had important players back who make a difference.

Well..yeah...sorry about that Rob .it was a bit Mintyish.....but its just impatience from me after getting all excited about a £19 mil signing and expecting more of an impact from him....but we get yet another one from Liverpool that so far is underwhelming..ive stayed positive on most issues including hanging in there for Ibe. Then there is a hovering expectation of the Spark of Luck needed to get the season back on track! I think quite few us thought Sol would be that Spark....maybe soon then ?
Still out Bill?

They will score 2 nailed on 2-0 defeat even though on ability we should be winning it I expect another dross away performance and a 11th defeat on trot. They also outplayed us at DC and should've won.
I thought we won without ever really looking sharp. Brooks clearly needs more time to get back to full-fitness, but Callum looked as if he'd never been away.

A long day, but bolstered by @table's fine Apple cake and pizza! Don't tell him but I'm saving a fortune on food at away games. ;-)

The Bournemouth/ Boscombe v Newcastle fixture Home and Away excites me like no other. South v North. The Black n Red Stripes becoming as famous as theirs. Their fans will mix and talk football like no others. Our record v them is Good. Two great managers! Never boring!

;