Hull City v AFC Bournemouth

Silvas record at Hull was excellent. The side were virtually doomed after a terrible start when he took over and he took 27 points from 22 games. At Watford he was doing really well until his head was turned by Everton trying to poach him & it went downhill from there. Fella is also young & learning still & will have taken plenty from thise experiences. I actually am sympathetic towards Bournemouth fans having watched 2 years of utter negative dull dross Parker dished up for us. Yes he got us up via playoffs & even that was mind numbing as he led the 2nd best squad in the championship into 4th place via a series of narrow wins & draws against inferior opposition. This is no wind up or bitterness, its genuinely most Fulham fans take on Parker.

Last edited:
Silvas record at Hull was excellent. The side were virtually doomed after a terrible start when he took over and he took 27 points from 22 games. At Watford he was doing really well until his head was turned by Everton trying to poach him & it went downhill from there. Fella is also young & learning still & will have taken plenty from thise experiences. I actually am sympathetic towards Bournemouth fans having watched 2 years of utter negative dull dross Parker dished up for us. Yes he got us up via playoffs & even that was mind numbing as he led the 2nd best squad in the championship into 4th place via a series of narrow wins & draws against inferior opposition. This is no wind up or bitterness, its genuinely most Fulham fans take on Parker.

If you want to be critical then having got hull to a position of possible safety, they blew it big time. Great run but then bottled it at the end with winnable games. Watford started well and then dipped alarmingly. Everton went into freefall too.

If history repeats itself then Fulham will start brightly and fade. Or maybe he is at the right level in championship?

Silva’s a good manager. Did well at Hull, may have been relegated but under him their form was top half after he took over. Did well at Watford until he decided he didn’t want to be there anymore. Didn’t set the world alight at Everton but even Ancelotti couldn’t do that and he is a proven winner at the highest level. The one question mark is that has he ever managed a team that’s performed consistently over the course of the season at the top level? With the squad Fulham have got you don’t even need to be a good manager to be honest, the real test for him will be in the prem next season (they’re winning the league comfortably let’s be honest) when they are more of an underdog and go through a bad spell, H Wilson, Mitrovic et al are top players at this level but in the Prem they are very ordinary. Judge him then, most managers could take this Fulham team up.

Shite as Parker - :LOL:

Come back to reality soon, Topfarrier; I'm sure your family miss you terribly.

But my certifiably insane friend here is half-right. Parker is crap. I'm not here to troll. I had two plus seasons of it, and Parkerball sucked the life out of me. He's like a footballing Count Dracula. With cardigans and nice hair. And as I am an empathetic human being, I couldn't in good conscience fail to warn you.

The man is a managerial myth. His football sucks. His head is so clearly empty. The best case scenario for you down there is a season of crap football ending in a play-off position, and then securing victory via more crap football, as we did against Brentford. And then more crap football in the Premier League. Then relegation.

And eventually, the sadder members of your fanbase will migrate to opposing forums to warn them of the tedious terror to come.

Think me a t*** if you want, but I'm so right ;)
Why don't you pop along to the Everton forum..... I'm sure they'll give Silva a glowing reference.....lol

Here we go again. Whinge, negativity, whinge and more negativity, rarely any positivity, it does get tiresome.

Anyway, Danjuma was an unknown and yet you’ve already written off Rogers; you bleat on about this season and yet you’re worried about next summer; you’ve assumed for some reason that loan players will return and yet we have options to buy; you make a statement about the club not prepared to spend money, this without really knowing anything whilst it is universally known that many clubs are struggling to strengthen their squads (for all the reasons that should be obvious) and to cap it all the unwelcome histrionics are back…we’re going to drop like a stone if we don’t get promoted.

All this and we’re just five games into the season, sitting in the top six and we still have players to come back. God there are times when I really wish we were back in League Two.

This. A couple of bad results and the world is going to fall apart, all our players are going to leave and we aren't going to sign anyone ever. 2 games ago the future was bright after a team with an average age of 23 beat Birmingham, Forest and drew to West Brom.

I'm not a happy clapper, and agree we probably need to add one or two more if we are actually serious about promotion, but we have a decent young squad and plenty of players still to come back from injury.

We had to cut our cloth to Championship levels as our wage bill was frankly insane for this level. The doom merchant act after every poor result is just a bit over the top.

If you want to be critical then having got hull to a position of possible safety, they blew it big time. Great run but then bottled it at the end with winnable games. Watford started well and then dipped alarmingly. Everton went into freefall too.

If history repeats itself then Fulham will start brightly and fade. Or maybe he is at the right level in championship?

I would be amazed if we didn't get automatic promotion, so don't see us fading badly. However as stated the real test for us will be if Silva can keep us in the Premier, something Ranieri & Parker couldn't do. I've got nothing against Bournemouth & am actually trying to be objective. My comments on our former manager & your current boss is based on 2 years plus experience. I genuinely hope he's learnt & is willing to play football with the handbrake off, but when I saw Bournemouth bottom of the shots on goal stats it was a familiar scenario from what we've witnessed. Anyway I'm not here to argue or slate a decent football club in Bournemouth. I wish you well & hope Parker adapts his style and progresses as a manager.

My opinion is we are unbeaten and considering the senior players we have missed this season , that’s not bad at all. We had plenty of chances to win to today so if we are creating chances we must be doing something right .
I believe we will be getting in a couple more attacking options but as everyone has seen in the premier league, most transfers are moving pretty slowly so have to be patient .

Multiple chances made (Solanke header and shot in the first half, Anthony had a clear shot that he fell over before taking, Marcondes skied it after a cutback - just off the top of my head) and shots on target with few from the opposition (the cross that Zemura just saved and the header off the crossbar were the only truly threatening moments I recall). Controlled the midfield for large parts of the game. And you think this is worse than the absolute dross we had at JT's streak of losses? Worse than losing to bottom of the table sides with hardly a wimper and barely a chance made? Yes, today was disappointing and there are areas that could be improved upon (let too many crosses be sent in, at times our wings were quiet), but we also saw improvement in some areas (Marcondes with his best league game so far). Calm your tits and have a drink.

A (one) drink????

Stop it now. Regardless of how we play under Parker, Tindall ball was shocking.

It was... he was out of his depth... shame because I'm sad things at the club ended for him like that. He should never have been put in that position, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan Gosling had a large part to play tbf....are you going to suggest that we don't have better options now?...... Lewis Cook gives us control in midfield in the same way Surman did.....that's not our problem though... creating chances is.... Lewis isn't going to help with that.

To be fair, I think we've created quite a lot of chances this season. Always hard against a team like Hull who are going to defend. No opportunity to break. Think we need to get more clinical at finishing chances (not pointing my finger at one specific player here) but I think we are creating chances on the whole. Not going to panic yet. We need a second striker, though.

To be fair, I think we've created quite a lot of chances this season. Always hard against a team like Hull who are going to defend. No opportunity to break. Think we need to get more clinical at finishing chances (not pointing my finger at one specific player here) but I think we are creating chances on the whole. Not going to panic yet. We need a second striker, though.
Disagree. We’ve not created an awful lot this season. We’ve been quite clinical with what we have created.

Bit like criticising someone's family this. Fine to criticise a member of your own family but doesn't go down well when someone else does it. Parker is ours now. Let us make up our own minds, please.

;