Hull City v AFC Bournemouth

We were recommended Vikings, someone had a "pattie and chips", basically paxo stuffing and potatoes, covered in batter, deep-fried in lard" lovely. No wonder they were European city of culture, once : )

Sounds ... like a hangover cure...

What’s up with Billing? He was in the pictures travelling up yesterday but then the club pulled the tweet

What’s up with Billing? He was in the pictures travelling up yesterday but then the club pulled the tweet

Yes. We need Phil Bill... Pleased to see Stacey and Jeff back, though. Would prefer Kilkenny to Emi if Jeff and Pearson start but Gav probably needs a rest. Didn't know Travs was injured...

Solent mentioned two players who are ill, Billing must have been the other, heard Travers, but missed second name.

Confirmed, Billing ill.

Last edited:
Thank God Stacy is back!.....it'll be interesting to see what formation that is .....it would be daft to play either Lerma or Pearson as a no.8 when we could just play 4231 with Marcondes as the 10.

Worrying that Billing has vanished. Unless of course he’s ill like travers. Thank goodness we aren’t 4 days away from the transfer window closing or I’d be worried.

I know you're big on geography.... so Boro is as much in Yorkshire, as Bormuff is in Hampshire ;)

(altho this is a can of worms.... wish I hadnt mentioned it)

https://abcounties.com/counties/county-profiles/yorkshire/
The North Riding
In the eastern part of the North Riding are the hills of the North York Moors. The Cleveland Hills in this area plunge down to the sea at Whitby, home of Whitby Abbey, fishing and bracing holidays. The Cleveland coast is marked by the high cliffs that give it its name, Boulby Cliff being one of the highest in England. Wooded valleys, the wykes, tumble down from the high moors to the sea. In between pretty fishing villages such as Robin Hood’s Bay and Staithes nestle under the cliffs.
The mouth of the Tees, at the very northern bounds of Yorkshire, is an industrial centre. The main town being Middlesbrough, ........

https://abcounties.com/counties/county-profiles/hampshire/

....Almost like an annex in the southwest of the county is the New Forest. The New Forest was laid out as a hunting reserve by William the Conqueror, but as broad woodland and heath it is far older. It is a timeworn place which appeals to one’s ancestral longings. Along the coast west of Southampton is a string of sandy resort towns, culminating in the Victorian splendour of Bournemouth.

County Facts
County Town: Winchester

Main Towns: Aldershot, Basingstoke, Bournemouth, Christchurch, Cowes, Newport, Petersfield, Portmouth, Ringwood, Ryde, Southampton, Winchester, Ventnor.

HTH

Incidentally we are rock bottom in the chances created table as it stands...... we've only managed 32 shots so far....to put that into context Coventry have had 60 and Birmingham have had 68!
Our saving grace has been our finishing....we're standing top of the chance conversation table with 25% of our shots finding the back of the net....that's miles clear of anyone else.....
Obviously we can't keep that up so we better start creating chances starting today!...... hoping for a thumping 4-0 win.....:utc:

Good to see Stacey back so we have a proper right back, should help Brookes get more going down that side. Rossi unlucky to be on the bench but at least we know he's definitely championship quality now.

Feel a bit sorry for Kilkenny too as he would have benefitted from having Lerma in there with him but I suspect it's unlikely we'll play those 2 and Pearlo together very often so I can understand the thinking behind it.

Good to see Stacey back so we have a proper right back, should help Brookes get more going down that side. Rossi unlucky to be on the bench but at least we know he's definitely championship quality now.

Feel a bit sorry for Kilkenny too as he would have benefitted from having Lerma in there with him but I suspect it's unlikely we'll play those 2 and Pearlo together very often so I can understand the thinking behind it.

yeah, hopefully he'll get plenty of opportunities from the bench and starting games when pearson is injured and lerma suspended - so most games then :D

;