If we go down...

Runnerrunnerru

First Team
So, I’m not resigned to it yet (I kind of am after yesterday), but what do we reckon we could look like if we end up in the championship?

Just a bit of football manager level speculation with some transfer fees thrown in for fun, before anyone loses their mind....

Possible Squad

Ramsdale/Travers
Lloyd kelly/Daniels
Mepham/Steve Cook/Francis
Adam Smith/Jack Stacey
Gosling/Surman/Lewis Cook/Arter (?)/Ofoborh
David Brooks/Dobre (is he a winger? Does he really exist?)
Danjuma/Stanislas (injured)/Kilkenny
Surridge/Solanke (he’ll come good in the championship,right?)/King?!

Out
Wilson £40mil (won’t be missed after this season)
Fraser - Free (see above)
Ake - £40 mil (way too good for a league below)
Lerma - £30-40 mil (see above)
Begovic - £5mil (good grief)
Billing - £10mil (see above)
King?- £20-30mil (should do everything to keep for at least a season)
Adam Smith? (Don’t think he would stay)
Steve Cook?(see above)

Think we could have a good balance of older players and some youngsters that might help us.
Christ knows what our finances will look like, but there should be £150mil from transfers and some of that sweet parachute payment money...
Please bump this thread at end of season when we comfortably survive.....
tl;dr

So, I’m not resigned to it yet (I kind of am after yesterday), but what do we reckon we could look like if we end up in the championship?

Just a bit of football manager level speculation with some transfer fees thrown in for fun, before anyone loses their mind....

Possible Squad

Ramsdale/Travers
Lloyd kelly/Daniels
Mepham/Steve Cook/Francis
Adam Smith/Jack Stacey
Gosling/Surman/Lewis Cook/Arter (?)/Ofoborh
David Brooks/Dobre (is he a winger? Does he really exist?)
Danjuma/Stanislas (injured)/Kilkenny
Surridge/Solanke (he’ll come good in the championship,right?)/King?!

Out
Wilson £40mil (won’t be missed after this season)
Fraser - Free (see above)
Ake - £40 mil (way too good for a league below)
Lerma - £30-40 mil (see above)
Begovic - £5mil (good grief)
Billing - £10mil (see above)
King?- £20-30mil (should do everything to keep for at least a season)
Adam Smith? (Don’t think he would stay)
Steve Cook?(see above)

Think we could have a good balance of older players and some youngsters that might help us.
Christ knows what our finances will look like, but there should be £150mil from transfers and some of that sweet parachute payment money...
Please bump this thread at end of season when we comfortably survive.....
tl;dr
...I have done the very same and we differ on a few things...I think that Ramdale,Adam Smith,Brooks,King and \Lewis Cook will try and get a move to stay in The PL?
also the valuations of some of our players will drop...can't see us getting anywhere near 40m for Wilson, Lerma, or 20/30m for King, and 10m for Billing tbh

I was thinking of this before yesterday as I'm sort of resigned to us going down.
I agree with most of what youve put but I'll add some more.
Unfortunately if we go down I think the value of our main assets will drop so:
Out:
Ake £30m
King £20m
Lerma £20m
C Wilson £10m
Fraser Free
Ibe Free
Total sales income £90m
Wages:
C Wilson £80k
Lerma£50k
King £50k
Ake £70k
Fraser £40k
Ibe £20k
Total wages per week saved:£310k.

Possible leaves but probably with us one more season:
Brooks - out all season - too much if a gamble for a big club to take
L Cook- average performer of late. Won't command the fee we would like.
Billing- 2 relegations in 2 seasons
Steve Cook- AFCB at heart, settled and will be captain
Adam Smith- settled, guaranteed game time

Possible squad ;
Keepers: Ramsdale, Travers
Defenders: Smith, Stacey , cook, Mepham , Simpson, Francis, Kelly , Rico
Midfield: Gosling, surman, L Cook, Billing, Stanislas, Danjuma, brooks
Forwards: Solanke

Opportunities:
Surridge, Dobre, Kilkenny, ofoborth

To me quite an exciting squad to hit the championship with. Add a couple of strikers and a winger and be more than happy.

...I have done the very same and we differ on a few things...I think that Ramdale,Adam Smith,Brooks,King and \Lewis Cook will try and get a move to stay in The PL?
also the valuations of some of our players will drop...can't see us getting anywhere near 40m for Wilson, Lerma, or 20/30m for King, and 10m for Billing tbh

Yeah, maybe not. Would hope Brooks would stay a season seeing as he will probably be injured for the entirety of this one and need match time.
Wasn't long ago that Wilson was being touted as a supposedly £60mil player. Think Lerma could do well at a top club so would expect a bit more than what we paid...who knows though.
Think billing is excellent and should be snapped up for twice what we paid for him tbh and an asset to any club.......

We've still got 48 points to play for yet. If Eddie persists with with this style of play then we are doomed to relegation. Plenty of time if we start to change things now..

Sorry but Francis and Daniels have done their time. Arter will not come back. Rico could possibly go back to Spain. Despite the parachute payments the wage bill, even allowing for relegation clauses, needs got be slashed. We will still be little old Bournemouth with the same ground capacity income, hardly any tv money, as we were before.

But the fat lady hasn't started to sing yet let's face the present problem not worry about the future.

;