I'm off

This fine gentleman that stands before you is called Bua. He is the security guard of my hotel. He is also now my own personal security detail. More of this later.

I suspect your weighing him up and thinking he doesnt look up to much. Well you would be fooled. In his younger days he was a regional Muay Thai champion and locally well respected.

We have a game we play each day. He stands to attention and salutes me, US military style and I salute him back, enquiring if there were any problems during the night. Each day I pretend I am a different leading American figure. So far I have been JFK, Ronald Reagan, Donald J Trump and Colin Powell. I am here for two more days so any suggestion for tomorrow's character shall be considered. I dont think either of us are bored with this game yet.

The salute in the photo does not do Bua justice. It could be described as somewhat slap dash. In person it is far smarter and more formal.

This morning he told me it was his night off tonight. I asked him if he would like to be my own personal security for the night and he has said yes! I have been perfectly safe for the 10 days I have been here but I'm not letting this chance slip. He's going to pick me up at 6pm and we are going to tour the bars. I have asked him to dress smart and if he brings a gun, to be discreet. The 'grey man' as it were. A bit like Billy Bingham, the SAS guy that used to guard Brad and Angelina.

My wife is not happy with this and thinks I'm off my rocker, but I cant wait.

View attachment 13765

Condoleezza Rice.

Well that's the sun going down on Pattaya. If you like it loud and brash then this is the place for you. Dont believe the nonsense of kid fiddling. I was walking on the wild side and there was no suggestion of that.
To protect the guilty and not upset the snowflakes, the seamier stories weren't told, but there were many!
Back to work on Monday, managing a load of pre madonna's, posers and shirkers. And no, I am not Saints boss Russell Martin.

;