Ins & Outs?

So with the confirmation of Defoe today added alongside Begovic and it looking increasingly likely that they will be joined by Nathan Ake & Connor Mahoney do we think that will be business done in terms of incomings or would you like to see more? Personally think we could stil do with RB cover and a possible CB to add but not so sure with Mings, Franno & Ake all able to be used across the back.

In terms of outgoings I would like to see something similar to this
Ryan Allsop
Lewis Grabban
Adam Federici
Marc Wilson
Rhoys Wiggins all sold and moved on perm

Emerson Hyndman
Bailey Cargill
Matt Butcher
Sam Surridge all out on loan till Jan

What are your thoughts on this and who else would you add to the possibility of in and out going?

Isn't Federici out injured until about mid-October or something? Even if he hits that deadline he won't be going anywhere until Jan at the earliest.

I expect Allsop to fill the number 3 role with the club trying to get Ramsdale first team minutes on loan somewhere.

The Wiggins situation will depend on his injury recovery. Some clubs may be reluctant to take a chance on him before he's proved his fitness. Or, if he finds teams only offering much reduced terms in respect of the potential risk, he'd be perfectly within his rights to collect his contract terms here. At most, I'd guess a loan move somewhere may materialise and only if that goes well then a perm one later.

Marc Wilson appears a certainty based on personal reasons. No more need be said there, just a question of who will take him.

Grabban... you'd think there'd be a Championship team who'd be interested except his stats on loan to Reading last season don't look so impressive (no idea if there were lots of 5 mins sub appearances in there to make them look worse than they are) so it may end up being a loan again.

I think the one you've missed out for a perm move may be Gradel. Rumours of him being unhappy last season abounded and, let's be fair, if a player was happy with the number of minutes he played we should be worried. There are plenty of clubs in France who'd take him if he became available.

kirsikka - 29/6/2017 16:19

Isn't Federici out injured until about mid-October or something? Even if he hits that deadline he won't be going anywhere until Jan at the earliest.

I expect Allsop to fill the number 3 role with the club trying to get Ramsdale first team minutes on loan somewhere.

The Wiggins situation will depend on his injury recovery. Some clubs may be reluctant to take a chance on him before he's proved his fitness. Or, if he finds teams only offering much reduced terms in respect of the potential risk, he'd be perfectly within his rights to collect his contract terms here. At most, I'd guess a loan move somewhere may materialise and only if that goes well then a perm one later.

Marc Wilson appears a certainty based on personal reasons. No more need be said there, just a question of who will take him.

Grabban... you'd think there'd be a Championship team who'd be interested except his stats on loan to Reading last season don't look so impressive (no idea if there were lots of 5 mins sub appearances in there to make them look worse than they are) so it may end up being a loan again.

I think the one you've missed out for a perm move may be Gradel. Rumours of him being unhappy last season abounded and, let's be fair, if a player was happy with the number of minutes he played we should be worried. There are plenty of clubs in France who'd take him if he became available.

Agree with all of this.

Not sure about Federici's injury - Ramsdale needs games so excpect a season long loan or something.

Highly doubt Wiggins will go anywhere judging by his injury either - certainly not until January.

Wilson and Grabban will go either permanently or on loan.

Mahoney is obviously the replacement for Gradel so I imagine he will be gone too.

Think there will be a couple more in yet.

We need to ship a few out, it's been quiet on that front so far but should be looking to get £10m back for Gradel, Grabban and Marc Wilson and Brad Smith.
Federici & Wiggins will likely move on a free when back from injury and I think Cornick, O'Hanlon and Cargill will be better off moving permanently to fulfill their careers.

Then I expect a few to be loaned out- Lys Mousset & Hyndman (Championship), Sam Surridge, Butcher, Green, Lee & Ramsdale to League 1 and 2 clubs)

When Ake & Mahoney come in I still think we could do with 1 more RB & 1 CB to really address our defensive issues which has been our biggest weakness. Other than that I think that will be all business done presuming we don't sell any of our star players in which case replacements would be needed.

Resevoir_Red - 30/6/2017 02:03
...Then I expect a few to be loaned out- Lys Mousset & Hyndman (Championship)...

Hyndham had played in the Championship before he joined us and now has a (half a?) season with Rangers under his belt - I reckon he'll stay with the first team squad.

Mousset is a tricky one. Like Josh King I think there is a talent in there somewhere and EH might want him learning from Defoe, King and Wilson.

I wonder in Afobe is more likely to become left out... I dunno...

;