Is it our fault?

How aware is he of their appointments of JT and Woody and the fact it was Eddie that made everyone around him look decent at their jobs. He might not be, I think that’s the point.

Before you come back with your usual ‘he didn’t get to be a millionaire without having much bigger brains than us’ line can I remind you of Donald Trump.

Trump inherited a fortune from his parents...

How aware is he of their appointments of JT and Woody and the fact it was Eddie that made everyone around him look decent at their jobs. He might not be, I think that’s the point.

Before you come back with your usual ‘he didn’t get to be a millionaire without having much bigger brains than us’ line can I remind you of Donald Trump.
I was thinking along similar lines earlier. Since Eddie, we have appointed Tindall, Woodgate, Parker and O'Neil. Every time we have been linked with some really good proven managers BUT ended up with an underwhelming appointment. Of our appointments since Eddie, the only one who was a proper manager (held an actual managerial position for more than 6 months) was Parker. And Parker got us promoted. For the first half of the championship season people forget we did play good football with that high press and attacking mindset and leadership at the back with Cahill. We lost our playing identity about halfway through that season and this dull, boring, inviting teams onto us started happening and hasn't stopped happening.
There is just no logic to sitting so deep with 11 players behind the ball in the final 30 minutes of games and even before. Sadly O'Neil hasn't realised this despite us getting nothing out of our games. Similar to the same way he couldn't see that Dembele was the best chance of getting anything from games before sending him off to France.

Mediocre leaders appoint weak people to work for them so they are not found out. Happened for centuries in all industries.

They know anyone with any knowledge would say ‘who are these players you are signing’ the first one that said that had to go. GON, JT, Woodgate wouldn’t have said it they were just over the moon someone wanted to pay them a fortune.

Mediocre leaders appoint weak people to work for them so they are not found out. Happened for centuries in all industries.

They know anyone with any knowledge would say ‘who are these players you are signing’ the first one that said that had to go. GON, JT, Woodgate wouldn’t have said it they were just over the moon someone wanted to pay them a fortune.

Except that isn't what happened is it - re Parker.

He spoke out continually that they hadn’t added the right players. So yes, or did I miss something.

Did he? I thought he was annoyed at lack of signings arriving full stop, rather than questioning the ones we had signed... but appreciate that's probably being pedantic :D

Did he? I thought he was annoyed at lack of signings arriving full stop, rather than questioning the ones we had signed... but appreciate that's probably being pedantic :D
He said the squad needed help and there would be more days like this. Prior to that he said they needed strengthening. I’d say that was aimed at both those that had arrived (the ones signed in championship were odd if you thought you were going up) and the ones that didn’t arrive.

It was obvious he wasn't up to the task and that they was in a honeymoon period. I didn't want GON then and I certainly don't want him now.
To be fair to GON at the time he took over we were in a mess. Parker was coming across as trying instigate a sacking and player moral low. The 9-0 defeat was very low point and God only knows how the players felt after that performance only then to here their boss say that there will probably be more like that. GON seemed to steady the ship and certainly some of that would have been an ' extra bounce' in the players step. Someone loved them again. At that point GON was making a fairly reasonable case to be given a chance permanently and the club historically likes to appoint someone from within or who has links with the club. So , at that point why wouldn't the majority of fans stick by him? The fact that unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working out for him now doesn't make those supporters wrong or clueless. It could quite easily have gone the other way. I agree that if the club harbour any views of staying in this league then the time has come to move him on but yet another manager will not necessarily ensure our safety.

The sad thing for me is people were going on before the game about how we shouldn’t expect anything at Brighton… Everton beat Arsenal. I know when we play Liverpool at home people will be saying we shouldn’t possibly expect anything from that either. Look at Wolves yesterday.

For a fanbase that bought into anything is possible we’ve reverted back to the nothing is possible that we lived with most of our lives pre Eddie. Despite spending 80m. That’s because we didn’t bring in new fans I get that but it would be great if the older fans could expect a bit more and not take everything lying down.
Sorry to disappoint, but before the game I was saying that if Everton can beat Arsenal then we stood a chance off winning at the Amex. It doesn't really fit your straw poll narrative though.

Sorry to disappoint, but before the game I was saying that if Everton can beat Arsenal then we stood a chance off winning at the Amex. It doesn't really fit your straw poll narrative though.
I thought we could get a point or more there if we kept on the front foot, sadly as usual we just sit deeper and deeper.
Looking at games such as Brentford and Brighton away I honestly don't see they have players that much better than us and they are in the top 6 ! What they have is a decent manager and a system of playing.

I thought we could get a point or more there if we kept on the front foot, sadly as usual we just sit deeper and deeper.
Looking at games such as Brentford and Brighton away I honestly don't see they have players that much better than us and they are in the top 6 ! What they have is a decent manager and a system of playing.
It’s a poor year this year… Palace, Southampton, Forest, Wolves at home were all teams well below what we played in our first stint outside of Hull. I didn’t even think high flying Brentford and Brighton were that good. Even Newcastle didn’t look streets ahead but maybe we caught them on a bad day.

To be fair to GON at the time he took over we were in a mess. Parker was coming across as trying instigate a sacking and player moral low. The 9-0 defeat was very low point and God only knows how the players felt after that performance only then to here their boss say that there will probably be more like that. GON seemed to steady the ship and certainly some of that would have been an ' extra bounce' in the players step. Someone loved them again. At that point GON was making a fairly reasonable case to be given a chance permanently and the club historically likes to appoint someone from within or who has links with the club. So , at that point why wouldn't the majority of fans stick by him? The fact that unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working out for him now doesn't make those supporters wrong or clueless. It could quite easily have gone the other way. I agree that if the club harbour any views of staying in this league then the time has come to move him on but yet another manager will not necessarily ensure our safety.
To me (in danger of sounding arrogant) it was pretty obvious that he should not of been appointed. I wasn't shocked though, for the reasons you have already stated, but I wasn't happy.

It’s a poor year this year… Palace, Southampton, Forest, Wolves at home were all teams well below what we played in our first stint outside of Hull. I didn’t even think high flying Brentford and Brighton were that good. Even Newcastle didn’t look streets ahead but maybe we caught them on a bad day.
I'm surprised how poor many of the teams have been. But even so, it was a bit worrying to see how much space Brighton were getting on the right flank and moving it forward. From where I was that was how I saw the first 45 minutes.

;