Jaidon

Just wonder what would happen if….. the ref knows a player has just lost a parent or close partner/relative, ref sees him score- more than half a chance he’ll want to show a tribute, ref turns away before scorer celebrates, beckons nearest player and tells him to run to scorer- tell him he’s going to turn around in fifteen seconds and if the scorer’s shirt is still off he’ll be booked. If not, the ref hasn’t seen it. A way of showing a bit of understanding and compassion maybe?
It's a bit rubbish but I think the referee would be marked down still, perhaps more so for colluding with one of the teams.

I'd imagine that the PGMOL would want to clamp down on it too because it would open the door to willfully ignoring the rules ( although it could be reasonably argued that VAR is already doing that when they are in a room watching an event from multiple angles, zoomed in, in slow motion and still come to the wrong conclusion)

I still find it odd that taking your shirt off or running to your own supporters is "inciting the crowd" but running at the opposition fans kissing the badge, cupping an ear and/ or putting a finger to your lips isn't incitement.

I know which gets me more annoyed!

I still find it odd that taking your shirt off or running to your own supporters is "inciting the crowd" but running at the opposition fans kissing the badge, cupping an ear and/ or putting a finger to your lips isn't incitement.

I know which gets me more annoyed!

I know what you mean. I think the shirt thing was brought in as people were revealing political messages on t shirts underneath.

So rather than say you can't have this type of message etc, they just did blanket ban.

I don't know about you, but I quite enjoy seeing a fine-tuned, rippling torso on display.

I know what you mean. I think the shirt thing was brought in as people were revealing political messages on t shirts underneath.

So rather than say you can't have this type of message etc, they just did blanket ban.

I don't know about you, but I quite enjoy seeing a fine-tuned, rippling torso on display.
Could just be the excuse but I thought it was something to do with delaying the start of play and not having a number so the referee doesn't know who to book.

Could just be the excuse but I thought it was something to do with delaying the start of play and not having a number so the referee doesn't know who to book.

Yeah time wasting and the potential for political messaging. It's absolutely correct too to have a blanket rule. Dom and Jaidon knew they would get booked and decided to do it anyway, which is fair enough.

It's not the ref's job to pass moral judgement on things. You allow one person to do it the next thing you know it's everyone and increasingly political/controversial.

;