January transfer window.

As others mentioned, a back up striker to Solanke - not a plan B but a plan A in reserve striker. The other positions all depend on the injury situations. Fredericks is a wasted shirt at this point - do we need another FB to take his place or retain Hill in the squad? Is Adams going to be fit?

I see Sergio Regulion has been recalled by Tottenham with him struggling for game time at Man United. With us having no available left backs at the moment could be a good loan move for both parties?

I see Sergio Regulion has been recalled by Tottenham with him struggling for game time at Man United. With us having no available left backs at the moment could be a good loan move for both parties?
As long as he doesn't have a reluctance for a tinpot loan like Dier did. Could do worse than Sergio I suppose. How often does Lampty place for Brighton? Now he looked amazing a couple of seasons ago.

I see L'Orient are second from bottom of the French Ligue. Does that mean Uncle Bill will be putting more dollars their way in the January window,?

I see L'Orient are second from bottom of the French Ligue. Does that mean Uncle Bill will be putting more dollars their way in the January window,?
Could shuffle a few of our fringe players over there for a stint in France, whilst Lorient reduce our FFP burden by paying extortionate loan fees.

Perhaps.

As long as he doesn't have a reluctance for a tinpot loan like Dier did. Could do worse than Sergio I suppose. How often does Lampty place for Brighton? Now he looked amazing a couple of seasons ago.

He's fecking incredible in football manager... has been for years.

One of quickest players in pl. Him and aarons woukd see us sorted for a while at right back.

Don't think lampty is remotely realistic though tbh. Woukd likely mean smashing our transfer record... abd I doubt he'd be interested... yet, anyway.

I'd love to see him join permanently. Top half pl level player.

Amazing the turnaround, considering how poor he looked esrky doors. People speculating disinterested. Pefhaos nor fit. Would be intersting to hear his thoughts... not demanding/expecting them of course.

Fast as lightening, goal threat. Flair, can go past players, which opens things up, puts deffenders on back foot.

I'd advocate having him near top of our priority list. Think he's top half level pl player.25-30 mill - if we have funds, sign him up!

Sorry to drag it up, but this is difference between proper pl winger and dembele. Dembeke almost as quick, but lacks nouse, genuine threat, technical ability, intelligence... end product. Which Sinisterra has. Dembeke looks quick, busy, buzzy... but busy doing nothing to genuinely threaten most pl club defences.

Sinisterra has ability to change a game. That extra few % makes all the difference, and why he'll cost 20 mill + and dembele around 10% of that.

Starting to look like an important end to January here. We’ve seen two benchwarmers leave in Traore and Rothwell and have bought no one in. I fully understand the FFP situation and never expected us to have a window like last year but I am surprised as to just how quiet it has been on the incomings front.
We are starting to see injuries plague the team. Adams and Fredericks are forever injured and we currently have Smith, Kerkez and now possibly Aarons out. Surely a fall back is a priority? Yes I know we recalled Hill and he played well in his feature against Liverpool but surely we need another?
Our midfield is looking thin now with the departures. Cook and Christie have been immense this season but where is the back up? If one of them get injured we’re in trouble. Who can come in? Kilkenny? Marcondes? For me neither Scott or Billing fill these roles.
Now what’s going on up front? Is Moore staying or going? Either way the fact we don’t have a third choice striker in any capacity is a concern.

I can see it being a busy last week and there may be a few incomings and outgoings. I’m worried this season could fizzle out for us and we drop down the places and at some point start looking over our shoulder. I don’t think we will get relegated for one second but if we want to keep some of our players and manager then we have to keep pushing for that top half finish

Starting to look like an important end to January here. We’ve seen two benchwarmers leave in Traore and Rothwell and have bought no one in. I fully understand the FFP situation and never expected us to have a window like last year but I am surprised as to just how quiet it has been on the incomings front.
We are starting to see injuries plague the team. Adams and Fredericks are forever injured and we currently have Smith, Kerkez and now possibly Aarons out. Surely a fall back is a priority? Yes I know we recalled Hill and he played well in his feature against Liverpool but surely we need another?
Our midfield is looking thin now with the departures. Cook and Christie have been immense this season but where is the back up? If one of them get injured we’re in trouble. Who can come in? Kilkenny? Marcondes? For me neither Scott or Billing fill these roles.
Now what’s going on up front? Is Moore staying or going? Either way the fact we don’t have a third choice striker in any capacity is a concern.

I can see it being a busy last week and there may be a few incomings and outgoings. I’m worried this season could fizzle out for us and we drop down the places and at some point start looking over our shoulder. I don’t think we will get relegated for one second but if we want to keep some of our players and manager then we have to keep pushing for that top half finish
100%. Lack of balance to the recruitment and too many waste of money signings. 200m and you’ve got Marcondes and Kilkenny on the bench against Liverpool…..

Another Aperol Spritz Richard?

100%. Lack of balance to the recruitment and too many waste of money signings. 200m and you’ve got Marcondes and Kilkenny on the bench against Liverpool…..

Another Aperol Spritz Richard?
I think you will dine out on that line for sometime yet. Surprised you havn't mentioned Greenwood.

Why on earth not? You made a career out of assessing Sinisterra in a warm up!
I pointed out he was lackadaisical in his warm up. He was lackadaisical in his tracking back today and after some constant rages from Iraola he just took him off.

Not convinced on his character, as your other lot Leeds found out.;)

I pointed out he was lackadaisical in his warm up. He was lackadaisical in his tracking back today and after some constant rages from Iraola he just took him off.

Not convinced on his character, as your other lot Leeds found out.;)
Think it went a bit deeper than that if you are being honest.

No strategy, no plan B. This time next year we will be watching Kliuvert crapping himself as a thug right back smashes into him in a defeat at Rotherham on a cold Tuesday night.

Sinisterra and Adam’s will have repeated their strikes to get out of here etc.

Lackadaisical!!

Unless you've got a long neck like that of a giraffe that can peer over the gate and all that large greenery that surrounds the current training pitches you can't judge Greenwood, the only time anyone would've seen glimpses is youth highlights on youtube.

The fact is he's older than first teamers like Kerkez and Alex Scott and has never made a first team appearance and has been an unused substitute in 6 line ups.

He's probably not going to make it as PL player I can tell that already without watching him. So his biggest challenge will be life after a pro club - some young players apply themselves and make a good career for a living in L1 or L2 but others give up, fall of a cliff and end playing semi pro for £50 a week local team, I think that's the biggest challenge and test of character for every youth player just after leaving a professional club, finding a way back from lower down or just accepting semi-pro level and finding a new profession that isn't football, that separates the boys to men.

;