Jason Tindall

I guess my only slight criticism of JT was when Blackburn got their 2nd equaliser and made that double substitution, we weren’t able to make any changes to wrestle control back of the game in our favour.

I’m being harsh because managers can’t influence things on the touch line as much as us armchair critics think, but had their offside goal stood or without Danjuma’s magic, you know everyone would be mentioning this in the forum post mortem

I guess my only slight criticism of JT was when Blackburn got their 2nd equaliser and made that double substitution, we weren’t able to make any changes to wrestle control back of the game in our favour.

I’m being harsh because managers can’t influence things on the touch line as much as us armchair critics think, but had their offside goal stood or without Danjuma’s magic, you know everyone would be mentioning this in the forum post mortem
I do agree had one of those two things happened\not happened it would be a different feeling on here, however just before Blackburn scored their second Billing was ready to come one. I think he'd seen the problem and was looking to remedy it, but then going back to 2-2 felt something different was needed to get the winner.

Always a what if in any game. Jason is focused and we all just need to back the team not find an excuse to moan..!

Always a what if in any game. Jason is focused and we all just need to back the team not find an excuse to moan..!
Oh don’t get me wrong, we all need to get behind the team. What I’m getting at is we need to be a bit more grounded when experiencing the triumphs and set backs. Winning a game doesn’t make us world beaters but when we lose, it’s not helpful to act as if everything is rotten too.

Absolutely. My sense is that he's giving the playing and coaching staff a little more freedom to express themselves. Not that Eddie was a reign of tyranny by any means but perhaps one problem we had towards the end was that the cult of Eddie carried a bit too much weight.

I think there was definitely a sense of distance when Eddie was there. You got impression listening to Defoe and a few other players. I remember when I asked one of the youth coaches there once "would you ever go and have a chat with Eddie to get some advice?" and getting a look back of ... that wouldn't happen.

Jason is not quite as good a communicator as Eddie, and seems to be a little less cerebral.lol.
He does however seem to have a good feel for his players and seems to be a little more attack focused than Eddie, which in my opinion ,is what is required.
Disappointed he has not as ,of yet, confirmed any new signings, but he obviously knows what he is looking for and continues to insist he has time.
Get the impresion he is leaving the business side of AFCB to the owner and chief exec,which is a good thing, as ultimately Eddie’s down fall was trying to do everything.
The results so far are encouraging, but it’s early days and tomorrow’s game at Middlesborough should provide a good indication as to how far off we are from promotion.
I have to confess I was under whelmed by his appointment, but I can be wrong , and so far it looks like I am, good luck to him and the team tomorrow we need the points.

Biitzer,
Do you not think the post is supportive?
There is such a thing as blind allegiance, which I don’t subscribe to.

I'm pleased so far, but I'm also aware we have thus far only beaten (1) a West Ham side that was in disarray with dressing room dissent (not to mention it was a friendly); (2) a mid-table Championship side, and that only by one goal; (3) Palace's reserves.
Not to take anything away from Jason -- I'm genuinely excited -- but we don't have enough data to know how we're really going to do this season.

The only grouse I have with Tindall is his failure to sort out the goalkeeping position which is now our weakest link in the side. Any goalkeeper who concedes 10 goals and misses a penalty all in one game is surely suspect. Whilst the other one made a complete poo of Blackburn's first. Two games, two goalkeeping howlers by different goalies.

I'm 100% behind the bloke.

As I was with Eddie.

Somewhere back in the mists of time, either on here or Red and Black I recall saying "Let's see how good a manager he is after we have lost 6 games in a row."

Well EH proved himself a manager a few times over the years when we went for weeks without a point.

I really hope JT can rally his players as well as Eddie could.

Is it a must win game....? ;)
Of course it is ted. If we don't beat Middlesbrough tomorrow the writing is already on the wall and we are heading for the National League in double quick time. One positive is that we will still have time within the existing transfer window to offload all the players who have totally failed this season, which would give us the opportunity of buying a Championship winning team in the next few weeks. It goes without saying that the management and coaching team will also have to go, but it should be no problem replacing them with much better ones as well.

;