Jefferson Lerma

Fronkle - I have no idea about your roots, your football supporting history etc, but reading some of your comments on this thread alone it seems that you're keen to wind up.
Lerma has been worth every penny imo, and he has changed my opinion of him. I expected the hatchet man when he signed based on his previous record of cards in Spain, but I have seen inconsistent refereeing and 'one for the team' cards received, and a superb addition to our midfield.
The posts you've added to justify this notion of how bad Columbian football is has a certain irony after the weekend we've had of players assaulted on the pitch, as well as stewards being removed by police for harassing players. We've had coaches sacked with charges of racism and bullying, we support a game in this country where homophobia and racism are widespread, so your comments seem somewhat biassed.
Your opinion on Lerma is just that, an opinion, but some of your assertions are wrong. Lerma is not alone here in speaking Spanish. Is Rico not Spanish? If there is a language barrier how come Eddie seems to communicate perfectly with him?
Having an opinion is fine, but backing it up with, at best, questionable facts, does, in my opinion, consign you to the 'wind-up' shelf

Did you have a big bet on the England vs. Colombia match in the last World Cup?

And would you pick either 'Colombia' or 'Columbia' as I keep trying to search for two different countries.

After that, if you could just return to the original thread, we can all continue to be entertained by your excellent, well-researched viewpoint, of one of our players.
Thank you. As you can see I back up every comment with published references that most people find make uncomfortable reading.

You clearly do not seem to have the mental capacity to understand my statement that Jefferson is handicapped culturally by his inability to communicate effectively with his teammates, thus potentially impacting negatively on his ability to fit in. Get a thesaurus if you do not understand all of the words in my response.

This is actually a fair point, but not one that applies to Lerma (or Rico) imo. Both look to have fitted in fairly well considering they don't speak the language. Obviously it would help if they spoke fluent English in terms of socializing but, from all accounts, Lerma is a very intelligent bloke who seems to have grasped the Bournemouth style very quickly- quicker than most do.

Just need to work on the old insulting people lark now.

Well I’m convinced !!! Lermas been absolute garbage ever since he arrived .Thanks so much for helping me see the light Fronkle ....what was I thinking .

Reactions: rgb
Fronkle - I have no idea about your roots, your football supporting history etc, but reading some of your comments on this thread alone it seems that you're keen to wind up.
Lerma has been worth every penny imo, and he has changed my opinion of him. I expected the hatchet man when he signed based on his previous record of cards in Spain, but I have seen inconsistent refereeing and 'one for the team' cards received, and a superb addition to our midfield.
The posts you've added to justify this notion of how bad Columbian football is has a certain irony after the weekend we've had of players assaulted on the pitch, as well as stewards being removed by police for harassing players. We've had coaches sacked with charges of racism and bullying, we support a game in this country where homophobia and racism are widespread, so your comments seem somewhat biased.
Your opinion on Lerma is just that, an opinion, but some of your assertions are wrong. Lerma is not alone here in speaking Spanish. Is Rico not Spanish? If there is a language barrier how come Eddie seems to communicate perfectly with him?
Having an opinion is fine, but backing it up with, at best, questionable facts, does, in my opinion, consign you to the 'wind-up' shelf
I back up all comments with facts that have documented references and are not "questionable", they are facts.. Agreed that Diego is also Spanish, so apologies there. If you note my initial statement on this thread, I have never been disrespectful of Lerma, I merely state that I do not think he is right for this club. However, I also state that I acknowledge that EH is trying his best to get Jefferson to "change his spots" sort to speak, and it is still open as to Lerma having to reduce his aggressiveness will allow him to maintain his quality.

This guy is definitely Minto/CherryBright, hands down. Sigh. We have no idea of Jeff's comprehension of English at this point but one assumes he has a good handle on the the basics, which is enough to play football. His teammates are relatable enough... as in they're all rather good at football.

Well I’m convinced !!! Lermas been absolute garbage ever since he arrived .Thanks so much for helping me see the light Fronkle ....what was I thinking .
Not to worry, at least you now have me to explain things to you. BTW, I never said he was "garbage"

You clearly do not seem to have the mental capacity to understand my statement that Jefferson is handicapped culturally by his inability to communicate effectively with his teammates, thus potentially impacting negatively on his ability to fit in. Get a thesaurus if you do not understand all of the words in my response.
I clearly saw Jeff and Josh talking and laughing with each other at the end of the warm up at Huddersfield. Not saying it would have been the most fluent of conversations but obviously there is some level of communication. These are the extra things you notice when you actually go to games.

I am now starting to come round to the thinking that most posters here seem to understand English a lot less than Jefferson does.

I clearly saw Jeff and Josh talking and laughing with each other at the end of the warm up at Huddersfield. Not saying it would have been the most fluent of conversations but obviously there is some level of communication. These are the extra things you notice when you actually go to games.
Of course he wants to fit in......I hope he is happy here. We will see

Well Fronkle you have certainly demonstrated how you arrived at your opinion of Colombian football, although all the articles you posted are about their national team, not their league as you originally stated.
Also, please could you let us know who made the allegations that Jeffs injuries have been caused by other players seeking retribution in response to his aggressive tactics as you claimed above?

Very kind of you to suggest my getting a thesaurus; I think I understand all the words (not neccesarily the order in which they're written) and there's a distinct lack of punctuation in the first sentence - apart from a comma in place of a semi-colon - which left me quite breathless, once I'd read it all aloud, whilst moving my finger along the screen. I've underlined a couple for you, as the context appears to be contradictory.

I hadn't considered the cultural aspect of Jeff's game. You're bang on; how is he going to play the rôle of defensive midfielder, if his culture is all to pot (unless you meant yoghurt)?

I back up all comments with facts that have documented references and are not "questionable", they are facts.. Agreed that Diego is also Spanish, so apologies there. If you note my initial statement on this thread, I have never been disrespectful of Lerma, I merely state that I do not think he is right for this club. However, I also state that I acknowledge that EH is trying his best to get Jefferson to "change his spots" sort to speak, and it is still open as to Lerma having to reduce his aggressiveness will allow him to maintain his quality.

You've got no facts, you've posted some unrelated guff about Colombian football and about language barriers as if this guy is the first foreign player to grace the Premier League.

People on here who have actually seen the guy play are telling you that he's a great player. You should take it on board because you are completely unable to explain what your problem with him is. If he's playing well, which he is, then where he's come from, where his family live, what language he speaks, what abuse he's had in other leagues, etc. etc. none of it is important. All that matters is how he plays for AFCB and take it from us, he's a great player.

If you take the trouble to read my initial comment and have a cup of tea and a lie-down, you will see that the rabid comments made against me are completely overblown. I have stated that I am doubtful that he is a fit, that is all.

You've got no facts, you've posted some unrelated guff about Colombian football and about language barriers as if this guy is the first foreign player to grace the Premier League.
Here is a fact

Here is a translation of Lerma"s comments wrt the following;
https://www.levante-emv.com/levante-ud/2018/01/15/lerma-aspas-diga-cara-grito/1666521.html

On the other hand, Lerma reported that, after hearing Aspas calling him "black s@@t", he (Lerma) lost his temper and tried to hurt the Galician player: Lerma stated, "There was a previous play, in which I "cut it" and when Aspas started to run I hit him in the head. He complained, I (Lerma) said: 'What's wrong?' He replied: 'F@@king black' I lost my head and wanted to look for him, **** him I then hit him in the ankle , and to the referee I said: 'what do you want me to do if he has called me black sh@t?'

Fronkle, this thread is too long already. 8 pages later, we get it, you don't rate Lerma. Isn't there a "Callum Wilson can't hit a cow's **** with a banjo" thread you could be starting ? My head hurts, I'm going for a lie down.....
Hey.....I will only defend myself if someone levels a comment about me that I deem unfair. Sorry you dont like Callum though, I think he's pretty good.

Maybe Jeff speaks good Norwegian.

;