Jefferson Lerma

The current video review rules, if left unchanged, could eventually push referees to give more straight red cards.
In situations where a ref isn't sure, he can give a red, check it on the monitor, and then downgrade it to a yellow (or to nothing at all) if he wants.
However, if he gives a yellow, he's stuck with it and can't review it.
So the obvious solution is for him to just give reds all the time.
:eek!:

The current video review rules, if left unchanged, could eventually push referees to give more straight red cards.
In situations where a ref isn't sure, he can give a red, check it on the monitor, and then downgrade it to a yellow (or to nothing at all) if he wants.
However, if he gives a yellow, he's stuck with it and can't review it.
So the obvious solution is for him to just give reds all the time.
:eek!:
Oh god ! Don't encourage them.

Lerma is a liability Watch the home game video against Brighton. Seaweed got in 21 shots partly because it was very noticeable that Lerma just stood off the Brighton players as they shot. And why? Because he was to afraid to tackle them, because he can't tackle and would probably get another booking if he tried to. What is the point of a defensive midfield player who can't tackle properly, and in the worst circumstances lets the team down because he is too afraid to tackle players who are going to shoot, for fear of a booking. Just as well Rambo had a great game that day and won man of the match, which really says it all when we 3-1 you would eXpect a forward to get MOM.

Wasn't it in the Wet Spam away game, one of the Hammers got sent off and was reprieved by VAR. Why wasn't VAR used in this instance., when a second yellow card = sending off.

On Saturday if he hadn't got sent off it would have been a disaster anyway as he wouldn't tackle.

And all this nonsense about refs targetting Lerma. Childish conspiracy theory not backed by any evidence.
In my humble opinion, a load of complete nonsense.
Not once in the time he has been here has Lerma let the team down, all too often he gets booked because of others needlessly losing possession.

Lerma is a liability Watch the home game video against Brighton. Seaweed got in 21 shots partly because it was very noticeable that Lerma just stood off the Brighton players as they shot. And why? Because he was to afraid to tackle them, because he can't tackle and would probably get another booking if he tried to. What is the point of a defensive midfield player who can't tackle properly, and in the worst circumstances lets the team down because he is too afraid to tackle players who are going to shoot, for fear of a booking. Just as well Rambo had a great game that day and won man of the match, which really says it all when we 3-1 you would eXpect a forward to get MOM.

Wasn't it in the Wet Spam away game, one of the Hammers got sent off and was reprieved by VAR. Why wasn't VAR used in this instance., when a second yellow card = sending off.

On Saturday if he hadn't got sent off it would have been a disaster anyway as he wouldn't tackle.

And all this nonsense about refs targetting Lerma. Childish conspiracy theory not backed by any evidence.

That is one of the more stupid comments I have seen posted on this site!!

Possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever read

I find he's one of the few people in the media who speaks, as he says, with authenticity. Has a lot of experiences, good & bad, not afraid of upsetting the powers that be, and seemingly intelligent.

I get slightly twitched when we refer constantly about the second yellow and subsequent red but not the first foul which was blatant, that's what we need to cut out. When Grealish saw Lerma in front of him it was enough to slow him down down – before he was clattered – there were two if not three defenders getting back to cover.

Right -so Flying picket has got me started on Jefferson Lerma- The guy is a Rolls Royce player. of International standard , someone who looks like he is playing at a different level and graces Dean Court with an athletic elegance. Every week he turns up puts in the effort, makes the tackles, covers the yards and invariably takes a yellow for the team. He glides around the pitch as if he has wheels on his boots and a jet pack on his back. His passing normally finds a player, pinged at pace expecting his teammates to receive it and people say he can't shoot but he nearly smashed the crossbar Saturday and his goal against Palace was sublime.
We paid relative peanuts for him and not once have I heard a transfer rumour so he either doesn't have an an agent or he tells him to keep quiet.
He moved here with a young family, not a word of the language and has settled in a totally different environment. He fights for our cause , he is a cherry through and through and when he is not available we struggle. Imagine if we had 2 Lermas and 2 Akes in the team. If Lerma played for Liverpool he would be a legend so I just hope we all appreciate him while he is still here. A master of the dark arts yes but isn't that something we needed to take us forward

I was impressed to hear the fans singing the Jeff chant as he was walking off following that second yellow. You could even see a slight smile come onto his face at that moment, a resigned look of "sorry guys, but with a ref like this, what can I do ?".
I'm sure Jeff appreciates the love he gets here and he deserves it. It's hard not to like a player who always gives 100%. His shooting looks to have improved too. He actually clipped the crossbar this time ! Surely his next one will be on target and rip a hole in the back of the net ?
:utc:

I was impressed to hear the fans singing the Jeff chant as he was walking off following that second yellow. You could even see a slight smile come onto his face at that moment, a resigned look of "sorry guys, but with a ref like this, what can I do ?".
I'm sure Jeff appreciates the love he gets here and he deserves it. It's hard not to like a player who always gives 100%. His shooting looks to have improved too. He actually clipped the crossbar this time ! Surely his next one will be on target and rip a hole in the back of the net ?
:utc:

At least he shoots from distance. I would think in training he must do well otherwise I’m sure Eddie would discourage it.

;