Jermain Defoe

NP Echo

Reports suggesting #afcb have cooled interest in signing Jermain Defoe are #wideofthemark. He's agreed a three-year contract.

Statement today from Bradley Lowery's parents:

"Bradley is deteriorating fast, his temperature is going very high his breathing very fast his oxygen levels low. He is sleeping most the time apart from odd times awake. We knew this was coming but we are heart broken beyond words. We have been told he could be like this for days it just depends on him and his body"

Bless his heart.
Football means nothing when you read things like this. JD is going to be devastated.

I was going to mention the Bradley situation, I am sure JD is also wary of this and I would think it has been part of the discussions with Eddie too. The deal is sorted, it is all about the timing now.

On SSN, Mark being the source.

BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources understand Jermain Defoe has signed a three-year deal with Bournemouth.

We'll bring you more info on this deal as we get it.

More in the Sun.

The South Coast club are expected to announce the arrival of the striker later on Thursday

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3911117/jermain-defoe-joins-bournemouth-leave-sunderland/

northstandmark - 29/6/2017 14:19

AFCB official twitter posting a video of Defoe's 12 goals and a message saying "Do you fancy doing it all again"

With Defoe's official twitter himself replying back with Yes I do!

Strangest way to announce a signing ever?

northstandmark - 29/6/2017 14:24

AFCB official twitter posting a video of Defoe's 12 goals and a message saying "Do you fancy doing it all again"

I loved the whole exchange as I happened to be on there watching it real time :)

Lets do it!

Druss_the_Legend - 29/6/2017 14:25

northstandmark - 29/6/2017 14:24

I loved the whole exchange as I happened to be on there watching it real time :)

Lets do it!

Agreed.

Top marks to our social media guys in the way this went down :dance:

£65k per week is a lot more reasonable than some of the sums being touted early on.

But I hope the third year (and preferably second year as well) is only triggered if he reaches a certain number of appearances. There aren't many players who score regularly in the Premier League beyond the age of 35.

If he has 2 years in and around our side, and a third year working more around the club in the background, on the training pitch, in the community - it'll be worth every penny for all 3 years.

...waiting for The S*n to report that it is a five year deal on 100k a week!

...don't believe all you read...but yes three years with the experience that he offers is a reasonable investment...the way that the PL is going 65k a week will be the average wage anyway!

;