Jim Frevola Interview

I reckon Blake's salary will be significantly lower next season. Demin was happy to pay him that for what he did, probably related to achieving targets but will Foley pay him the same?

Last edited:
I reckon Blake's salary will be significantly lower next season. Denim was happy to pay him that for what he did, probably related to achieving targets but will Foley pat him the same?
I think they said previously that they are moving towards a more bonus orientated pay structure.

Maybe he meant all staff? Maybe thats why the Rocket was in doubt?

All supposition.

I guess this is the sort of thing we can look forward to then.

Interestingly enough, many of the comments underneath are Chelsea fans with similar complaints re ticketing and being priced out.

American owners must remember football clubs are not and can not be run in the same way as any other business

Have any Chelsea supporters piped up saying they think it's a good thing, as it'll show there's demand for more hospitality at The Bridge ?

Have any Chelsea supporters piped up saying they think it's a good thing, as it'll show there's demand for more hospitality at The Bridge ?

No it won't. Sales and enquiries to the club about hospitality will show demand. Fans banging on on message boards and twitter won't tell you anything.

No it won't. Sales and enquiries to the club about hospitality will show demand. Fans banging on on message boards and twitter won't tell you anything.
What if it turns out there is demand for 40,000 hospitality seats at Chelsea? Should they kick all of the fans out and go 'hospitality only'?

What if it turns out there is demand for 40,000 hospitality seats at Chelsea? Should they kick all of the fans out and go 'hospitality only'?

I'm not bothered what they do at Chelsea tbh. up to them. For us I don't like the idea of too many hospitality seats though. The issue we have is that we want a bigger ground though so we will have to accept some for that to happen. Luckily there's a limit to the number of hospitality seats you can sell as I'm sure Jim and Bill will find out.

Oh look, was scrolling down and found this beauty :

Well all match day tickets are sold out so it makes common sense to maximise match day revenue from other sources when the stadium capacity is low in comparison to other pl clubs. Not sure what all the fuss is about?

By that definition, he should get all the credit for us being in the premier league for 6 out of the last 8 years?
Yes because he wasn’t fortunate to be sat in a club his father in law had brought Eddie Howe back to. No doubt we’d have been in the premier league with Paul Groves had we got Blake in earlier…

Yes because he wasn’t fortunate to be sat in a club his father in law had brought Eddie Howe back to. No doubt we’d have been in the premier league with Paul Groves had we got Blake in earlier…

So your definition suddenly changes and is no longer black and white but a shade of grey....weird that.

I reckon Blake's salary will be significantly lower next season. Demin was happy to pay him that for what he did, probably related to achieving targets but will Foley pay him the same?

Blake did a decent job this window .What happened with some of the transfers was quite impressive, certainly used some experience and guile. Also landing AI seems to be a bit of a coup but only if it works out. Pay wise, no idea. I always felt his previous reported salary was bloody excessive but I guess he got lucky. You make your own luck in life, he got a leg up and seems to have proved himself.

Last edited:
A few pages on from the interview with Frevola there is an interesting piece on Exeter City twenty years on from a fans’ takeover. Sure they aren’t in the Premier League, nor are they ever likely to be. But the club is debt free and broadly sustainable. They’ve improved their ground, they don’t advertise betting companies on their shirts and there is a thriving youth set up.

Given the chancers and shysters that circle football clubs in peril, and the often frankly incompetent people in charge of many clubs, I think that Exeter have achieved as much, if not more, than we have this century.

Blake did a decent job this window .What happened with some of the transfers was quite impressive, certainly used some experience and guile. Also landing AI seems to be a bit of a coup but only if it works out. Pay wise, no idea. I always felt his previous report salary was bloody excessive but I guess he got lucky. You make your own luck in life, he got a leg up and seems to have proved himself.

It was almost too high to believe, I wondered if it might have actually been Demin who was the highest paid director bit it seems plenty of different sources agree it was Blake.

There has to be an explanation such as it was linked to performance that paid for itself in Demin's eyes. The idea that he's terrible at his job and has somehow managed to blag that sort of money from two different incredibly successful people just isn't realistic.

It was almost too high to believe, I wondered if it might have actually been Demin who was the highest paid director bit it seems plenty of different sources agree it was Blake.

There has to be an explanation such as it was linked to performance that paid for itself in Demin's eyes. The idea that he's terrible at his job and has somehow managed to blag that sort of money from two different incredibly successful people just isn't realistic.

All it ever said on the accounts was the 'highest paid director' so I guess it was him. He even resigned his directorship for six months as a result of social media abuse some of which appeared on here , a shameful episode from those responsible.

That said as we've discussed quite strongly things are happening behind the scenes, so if he was replaced it wouldn't surprise me. It must be bloody difficult to adapt to the requirements of new wealthy owners.

All it ever said on the accounts was the 'highest paid director' so I guess it was him. He even resigned his directorship for six months as a result of social media abuse some of which appeared on here , a shameful episode from those responsible.

That said as we've discussed quite strongly things are happening behind the scenes, so if he was replaced it wouldn't surprise me. It must be bloody difficult to adapt to the requirements of new wealthy owners.

Tbh I'd be surprised if Blake lasts longer than a year or so. Foley's surely going to want his own guy no matter what he thinks of Blake.

If we are successful its because Neil Blake was just lucky to have Eddie and the chairman and the coaching staff and the players. If we are not successful its all his fault. Got it.
Well. He inherited the best manager we ever had and the best squad. We are still living off those players and/or the cash they generated the club. Had he appointed him it would be a different matter.

Blake has been tasked with delivering Canford on schedule and on budget. If he does that, the NewStad is the next objective. Foley won’t be bothered about bringing in someone new if the existing incumbent shows they can deliver.

;