Jim Frevola

This is the one :
Marbella Football Center
This was the one they changed it to the night before. Originally it was going to be in Marbella FC's stadium but then the grass got ill or something :p
They did exactly the same a few years back when we played Sevilla, originally going to be in a small town where I could have walked from my hotel, then moved to the posh sports centre at La Manga.

They did exactly the same a few years back when we played Sevilla, originally going to be in a small town where I could have walked from my hotel, then moved to the posh sports centre at La Manga.
Hopefully by now the club has its favourite places in La Manga and Marbella sorted out and they will book the same ones as last time, the first time !
Certainly the Marbella Football Center was very relaxed and the staff everywhere were very friendly. It seemed like the ideal venue to me.
They had their training camp at some posh golf resort a bit further away but held their friendly against Porto ( I think it was :unsure: ) at the MFC.

This is the one :
Marbella Football Center
This was the one they changed it to the night before. Originally it was going to be in Marbella FC's stadium but then the grass got ill or something :p
The weird thing was that the game couldn’t be played due to a problem with the grass but it was rumoured that our opponent was allowed to train on it…I think it was Estoril

Last overseas friendly I did was at La manga - did a cheap overnight stay before opposition was named…turned out that I went all that way to see us play Bristol Rovers!!

At least I found the venue easily enough unlike that Austrian village pitch vs fc Copenhagen

Interesting move from Jim.

Preseason games in Marbella - free streams.

Preseason game against Southampton - Live blog on COWS (plus a stream if you're willing to give that lot money, or Solent commentary neither of which the club could control)

Preseason game at home against Atlanta - No stream, no live blog. Turn up and pay or nothing.

Seems an odd move to not even cover the game with a blog.

Reactions: Mdl

Preseason game against Southampton - Live blog on COWS (plus a stream if you're willing to give that lot money, or Solent commentary neither of which the club could control)

Preseason game at home against Atlanta - No stream, no live blog. Turn up and pay or nothing.

Maybe he doesn’t like friendlies. ;)

None of this makes money. It’s a pre season game with little to no interest to anyone who isn’t there.

And by the looks of a few comments around, even those there have lost some interest as well.

None of this makes money. It’s a pre season game with little to no interest to anyone who isn’t there.

And by the looks of a few comments around, even those there have lost some interest as well.

Friendlies are a necessary evil unfortunately, with the risk of a player getting an injury and missing the start of the season.

He was in the Westbourne with fans getting pissed and assumed no one would join him and bother watching it today.

;