John Terry

Winsor Cherry - 17/5/2017 22:58

yesyescherry - 17/5/2017 22:46

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/17/west-brom-step-chase-john-terry/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Interesing article with Terry having concerns that Bournemouth’s expansive style of play could leave him exposed. Also of interest is his £50K a week salary after a pay cut last yr.

The being too exposed notion came from Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday. Seems the media have jumped on that since.

DJ - 18/5/2017 07:09

Winsor Cherry - 17/5/2017 22:58

yesyescherry - 17/5/2017 22:46

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/17/west-brom-step-chase-john-terry/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Interesing article with Terry having concerns that Bournemouth’s expansive style of play could leave him exposed. Also of interest is his £50K a week salary after a pay cut last yr.

The being too exposed notion came from Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday. Seems the media have jumped on that since.

Indeed.

Although for us to push on more, there is a case that we may have to curb how expansive we are in the future.

I think it was our Ken who mentioned the pairing of John Terry as manager with Joey Barton as his assistant.
By Jove what a combination.....:eek!:
As a civilised cove I am in no way recommending such a pairing but it could lead to unorthodox methods of man management.

‘Oi Brooks you snivelling little runt....if you don’t start f*cking performing I’m gonna get Joey here to make your testicles into a necklace you tart...’

‘Kelly you f*cking nonce, we play in red and black. Start passing the ball f*cking properly or Joey is going to kick you up the a-rse so hard his f*cking bootlaces are going to be coming out your mouth....’

‘Stanislas you slag, throw those crutches away and start acting like a man you toss rag.....’

Ah the unbridled joy of it.
Cold showers.
Tar and feathering.
Fat lips.
Unexplained bruising.
GBH.

Throw in Tony Pulis as Director of Football and all our problems would be solved. :grinning:

I can appreciate the efforts at comedy, but doesn't the out of date comedy reference just confirm that the notion that this group needs a 70's style bully to get the most out of them is also out of date.

Accept we can't relate to the modern footballer in any way. They still have buttons that can be pushed and we just need someone who understands that.

I can appreciate the efforts at comedy, but doesn't the out of date comedy reference just confirm that the notion that this group needs a 70's style bully to get the most out of them is also out of date.

Accept we can't relate to the modern footballer in any way. They still have buttons that can be pushed and we just need someone who understands that.
Maybe take away their PS5s for bad performances, replacing them with Atari VCS with just a copy of E.T. for them to load up. Might have to throw in a black and white CRT portable TV for them to play it on though. Their 60" wall mounted plasma TVs just won't get the job done unfortunately.

I think this idea is crazy enough that it might just work !
:p

Make them drive some small saloon car, the type that seems to have it's offside wheels permanently attached to the centre white line. Micra or Jazz comes to mind, the bottom of the range of course.

Not sure if he would have had a shout at any of the London jobs that were going a week or two back, he either has got his timing wrong or isn’t looking yet, until a vacancy comes along that takes his interest in the future.

;