Jon Moss

A shame it's come out in public, it would have been best dealt with behind closed doors with the PL and the referee concerned, to clarify his comments and decisions.
I think this has been done quite deliberately. EH and the club are usually very quiet on the subject of refs. I think this is just a way of bringing disquiet at recent issues (WHU sending off rescinded, WHU penalty given and confirmed by VAR, Lerma sending off etc as well as Moss comments & performance on Sunday) to the notice of referees.
Eddie did something similar either in Championship or first season in PL when we were getting the rough end of decisions. I have no problem with it if it puts the spotlight on refs in our games.

I had forgotten he was the ref for that Saints game and the incident with Adam Smith.

Kris Temple

Jon Moss never has been #AFCB’s friend. Remember him apologising to Adam Smith for booking him for diving, instead of giving a pen against Saints? @EchosportDan’s story here though is startling - a ref taking the p**s out of a team? Will have all been captured on his mic, if so.

Cardiff away adds to the list

If we participate in diving and other theatricals ( we do!)...and this ref has ' history' with Us...then every time we have him..all it takes is one incident in the 1st 10 minutes to ' wind him up' and we are at a disadvantage.
If we know this(we do) ..why oh why do we do it when he is the ref ? Part of game management and planning.

Will we get an united referee front now, which might work against us?

In all seriousness - can ref performances get any worse than what we've had (Burnley, WHU, Villa)?

Even on Sunday - which I actually thought was one of Moss' better games reffing us - he turned a blind eye most of the time.

At least this will put some scrutiny on the refs in our games. Some of the ref performances we've had in recent months would still be being discussed now if they happened to a bigger team. Because it's a club like us, they're swept under the carpet/barely highlighted.

OK, so a bit of bringing this back down to Earth... I hadn't read this thread until just now as I assumed it was just another thread about our upcoming Ref... However, I've just caught a snippet from Talk Sport where they are commenting on Gosling and Moss, and thought I'd give this thread a read...

I actually do think Moss was pretty sh*t on Sunday, and felt that 'on occasion' we were not given the right decisions... If he has said all that stuff then yes, he's bang out of order and should be dealt with...However... and this is where I want to bring people back down to Earth, we have become a team who like to try and 'win' fouls...

There are several players (Smith, H. Wilson, C. Wilson, Fraser) who seem to think about going to ground and winning the foul first, and driving forward and through challenges towards goal second...

You regularly hear calls for "It's a contact sport", yet there are some that call for a foul every time contact is made...!!! I watch the games sometimes and just wonder why X didn't just focus more on trying to beat the player on his feet...

Now on Sunday, Fraser rode through several challenges before hitting the deck in the box, arms aloft, wanting a pen... He wasn't fouled IMO, he just had some overly friendly contact... and don't we still want to see that in the game???

I imagine Moss told Franno (part way through the first half, when he called him over), that he wasn't going put up with our antics... And seemingly, that's exactly what happened...

The worst phrase in football right now is "He had a right to do down..." WTF... You go down if you are forced to the ground... If it wouldn't force you to the ground in the street. It shouldn't on the pitch...!!!

Some of our players need to man up a bit and get on with the job at hand... keeping us in this division..

..If Moss has shown any dis-respectful 'banter' then he should stand up and be counted to defend his actions!

However... and this is where I want to bring people back down to Earth, we have become a team who like to try and 'win' fouls...
With respect WTF has that got to do with it?

Players go down too easily every week to win fouls. If refs don’t like it, they have a very obvious response within the laws of the game. Give a yellow card to the offender. They can even take retrospective action and ban players who buy penalties or get opponents sent off.

This is a different matter entirely. Trying to justify what Moss has said because our players occasionally play act is laughable. It’s whataboutery of the highest order.

Whatever Moss thinks about our antics on the pitch, his comments are a disgrace and Dan is totally right to call him out on it.

;