Jon Moss

I have only been around AFCB for a five seasons, and I'm sure that a lot of my opinions are shaped by what I read on this Forum.

However, just me on my own, sitting in the livingroom with the cat, it does seem that week after week, for our games or with other teams, I am seeing more and more "bad" officiating. In all sports, "bad" officiating equates to "inconsistent", and that's what I think I am seeing.

I know that that is a reflection, quite often, of the outcome of a game, but my recollection from my earliest days (i.e. pre joining the Forum) was that Clattenberg, Atkinson (then), B. Madley and that group seemed much, much better than what we see now. Even Mike Dean seemed to have a better handle on the game a few years ago, although I do think he was pretty good a few games back with us. Seems incomprehensible that "the best league in the world" cannot draw better officials.

Even internationally, where have the Webbs and Collinis gone? Maybe it was more that they commanded the stage with big personalities, but now the only ones that come to my mind easily are Cakir (turkey) and Brych and Grafe (germany).

The more I follow PL, the more I am taken aback by how disconnected the game is with its fan base. Poor officiating, the hated VAR, flipping and flopping on transfer windows, the compressed schedule in December .... it's hard to imagine what goes on at those board meetings.

I have only been around AFCB for a five seasons, and I'm sure that a lot of my opinions are shaped by what I read on this Forum.

However, just me on my own, sitting in the livingroom with the cat, it does seem that week after week, for our games or with other teams, I am seeing more and more "bad" officiating. In all sports, "bad" officiating equates to "inconsistent", and that's what I think I am seeing.

I know that that is a reflection, quite often, of the outcome of a game, but my recollection from my earliest days (i.e. pre joining the Forum) was that Clattenberg, Atkinson (then), B. Madley and that group seemed much, much better than what we see now. Even Mike Dean seemed to have a better handle on the game a few years ago, although I do think he was pretty good a few games back with us. Seems incomprehensible that "the best league in the world" cannot draw better officials.

Even internationally, where have the Webbs and Collinis gone? Maybe it was more that they commanded the stage with big personalities, but now the only ones that come to my mind easily are Cakir (turkey) and Brych and Grafe (germany).

The more I follow PL, the more I am taken aback by how disconnected the game is with its fan base. Poor officiating, the hated VAR, flipping and flopping on transfer windows, the compressed schedule in December .... it's hard to imagine what goes on at those board meetings.
I dunno, doesn't seem that hard to me.

giphy.gif

Sadly this story has attracted the Twitter trolls on the afcb timeline, those that have a warped view of us for whatever reason. So I think its a shame the story has come out if I'm honest.

I don't think overall we are any worse than the vast majority of teams, we see players going down easily in every game. I would suggest players such as Fraser for us, Zaha etc elsewhere, get kicked so much in a game that no wonder they will also play for a free kick now and then.

Watching the game on Sunday on TV, I would also say the vast majority of the time, there was genuine fouls on our players, even if a couple did then exaggerate the fall. Rico was actually caught in the face, although his yell did sound a tad fake! I think much of it comes back to when we were far too nice and watched opponents do all of this against us. Now we have started to join in, other fans get all upset!

Refs are puppeted by Money...you cant convince me of otherwise. Its part of the Celeb Culture that infests everything in this Country from TV Award Ceremonies to Sunday League Cricket.
Money!

If the likes of Mourinho or Guardiola tells a
ref how to 'play it' before a game...the ref ' obeys' ...thats how it works in this league.
Ferguson got that ball rolling!

Outside the top six games...its very much a free for all.....refs have more freedom, so do what They like...They then are the Mr Big and get their hard - ons!

What’s the worst that’s going to happen? Moss will be dropped to the championship or lower for a few games and it’ll all blow over

Lets face it we all know AFCB don’t ‘fit’ in the Premier League so why why should we expect the refs to be any different to the pundits and critics?

Only issue here really is the professionalism of the ref.

Not really appropriate from Moss to be saying those things is it? And during the game? Unprofessional at best.

Seen at least two comments like this.

Why don’t we belong in the Premier League?

Ok we have the smallest stadium.

But in my book we have earned the right to be in this league.

We have come up through the ranks, went up as Champions from the Championship and been in this league for five seasons. Not up and down like some other clubs with bigger fanbases and grounds.

If the pundits and anyone else don’t think we should be there, my answer to them is tough.

Now our team has to make sure we are there for another season.

With the fans behind them at home like against Villa, we have an extra man!

The antics of players and referees impartiality are two different things
I agree some of our players are embarrassing, ricos scream for a tiny slap, but referees either book for diving, or get on with the game. If he made those comments then its seriously unprofessional, and should be taken off the refs list

Solent

AFCB consider Moss/Gosling matter closed, but back their player unequivocally, after PGMOL & Premier League decide no action necessary against ref Jon Moss. Also no action to be taken by FA against Dan Gosling for his comments.

Solent

AFCB consider Moss/Gosling matter closed, but back their player unequivocally, after PGMOL & Premier League decide no action necessary against ref Jon Moss. Also no action to be taken by FA against Dan Gosling for his comments.
Which basically translates as "yes, we know Moss said these things but we just want it all to go away." If this wasn't the case Gosling would be getting fined by the FA. for his comments.

It’s a bit harsh to blame the ref, we deserved to lose that game and if you do the same thing, with the same few players failing time and time again and getting away with it, why expect different results? Perhaps eddie will realize that before it's too late or perhaps not.

So from this there has probably been a private apology from Moss which has been accepted.
Easy answer is to publish the assessors report on the performance of the officials.
Probably good idea to restate that officials apply the rules of the game without fear or favour or personal allegiance.

;