Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have a look on here . Most people are saying he has failed at boro so they don’t want him here.

What I said was he took over a boro team who were and always have been boring as hell . Here we have more talent

I would like to think woodgate will be able to learn from the lessons of karanka’s successful defensive style with the ball playing style of teams he played for such as Spurs and real. Imagine that was a challenge at boro.

Personally think max would be taking a gamble with him but at least he can monitor him over next few games. Risk is this is the new manager bounce phase. At least so many games in February so can see a lot of him in a short space of time - the downside being not much time on the training pitch to work on issues given hectic game schedule.

I give credit to Woodgate today, he basically said 3 points at any cost and although we didn't play great football at times especially at the back and was painful our individual quality got us a 3-2 lead in the end and then he obviously instructed the players to say phuck it go Route 1 and see it out. If he manages to do the same at Burnley I'll credit him aswell but he's not the answer - we need an experienced tactician and motivator to get the best out of these players who can get them playing the free flowing football close to what EH did. Pearson may not be as pretty on the eye but if he get's us functional and 12 1-0 wins to go back up then I'd take that.

Last edited:
I give credit to Woodgate today, he basically said 3 points at any cost and although we didn't play great football at times especially at the back and was painful our individual quality got us a 3-2 lead in the end and then he obviously instructed the players to say phuck it go Route 1 and see it out. If he manages to do the same at Burnley I'll credit him aswell but he's not the answer - we need an experienced tactician and motivator to get the best out of these players who can get them playing the free flowing football close to what EH did. Pearson may not be as pretty on the eye but if he get's us functional and 12 1-0 wins to go back up then I'd take that.
Confused - did you just give credit to Woodgate for employing the necessary tactics to get us victory at cost of performance, and then say he needs to be replaced with someone who can get us free-flowing but you will settle for Pearson who is far from free flowing.

Seems no risk given fixtures in letting JW have a run.

Hardly no risk. He is unproven and if he messes up the next 5-10 games we have no chance of going up.

Still, would rather have Billing as player manager than Pulis. Pulis would show a complete kick of any strategy, plan or clue in the management of this club- which I think we all know is the case.

Gets us to an FA Cup Quarter-Final for the second time in our history and he'll be made permanent, IMO.

I'm all for giving him a chance - as long as we keep winning of course LOL!

One big advantage is that he's had experience of playing at the highest level so he should in theory win the respect of the players straightaway!

For me, the good things about the interview was him correcting the interviewer about his knowledge of Danjuma and that a priority was to try and build a team out of the talented players that we have.

However, whether he can build a team out of this bunch of underperformers (with a few exceptions) remains to be seen!

Woodgate has surely seen the left back position is a problem position
Surely zemura has to be given a game to see what he can do against Burnley

;