Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Warnock...

“I’m sure he (Woodgate) wouldn’t in his wildest dreams ever think he’d have been able to take over a club with the squad Bournemouth have got. I wish I could have taken over that team - they are a super squad.

“I’m sure he’s learned from the Boro experience and I think he’s got an excellent job of still being the manager there next season.
“You need a bit of luck at times in football - something to drop for you. I’m sure he was disappointed when Jason left but when one door closes another one opens and you’ve just got to take opportunities when they come your way.”
He's deliberately bigging us up pre-match. ;-) @SlowDownDerek will put him in his place!

I'm not sure this squad will respond to any manager, but I will say this: the more I see of Woodgate as a person, the more I like him. He has his players backs, he seems to have an abundance of common sense and has a grounded perspective. Steve Cook does have magical healing powers :) and he's certainly identified the problems with the squad. The next few weeks will be challenging, but we should get Dom and Brooks back as the schedule eases. It may be a charge from behind at the end, but it sure is easy to root for Woodgate. Character matters and he seems to have lots of it. Wish we were at Dean Court to show our support but to the extent social media has an impact, let's get behind this man and this team. UTCIAD!

Last edited:
"...Gary is going to bring something different to the coaching staff. He’s a new voice to the players, someone who has no connection to Bournemouth and I believe that an outside pair of eyes are important for us..."

Yes... Spot on... Day 2 in the job and identified something we have all said for ages... Le's hope he sticks around longer than Jones did...

Woody. played for Leeds..Newcastle... Spurs, Real Madrid and. .England.....a slightly bigger CV...than our Eddie started with...so must have some useful knowledge to feed the players with...
He wasn't at Boro long enough..and the budget wasn't as big as Eddies !
This could just be right for him ..and us .

Woody. played for Leeds..Newcastle... Spurs, Real Madrid and. .England.....a slightly bigger CV...than our Eddie started with...so must have some useful knowledge to feed the players with...
He wasn't at Boro long enough..and the budget wasn't as big as Eddies !
This could just be right for him ..and us .
Couple of hours ago, you were posting our players may get the ....anti new manager bounce......now your saying this could be right for Woodgate.....jeez :slap:

Couple of hours ago, you were posting our players may get the ....anti new manager bounce......now your saying this could be right for Woodgate.....jeez :slap:

Just covering various angles...how it might be for some I.e. players and /or supporters... Woodgate....anyone...you....me...the Pope....Father Xmas...Lady Gaga ...?

During tomorrow I'll say other things..whatever slides out of my brain and down my arm into my busy little fingers !

I think Woodgate has a better personality than Tindall, probably having experienced the big time most of his life but on the field I don't see any difference.

I think Woodgate has a better personality than Tindall, probably having experienced the big time most of his life but on the field I don't see any difference.
Personality more suited to certain things visible to the outside world looking in maybe, but I wouldn't want to go as far as saying better.

As far as on the pitch, I would agree. We have gone around the houses to arrive at a similar place. Possibly more a reflection of the squad than either chap. We will see what everyone is made of by end of this week.

Tonight’s game will tell us a lot. The team selection v QPR was asking for trouble - the packed midfield was so cramped our lot were playing on top of one another. We need width tonight, to free Stan to cut in from the left, and two strikers. Above all we need fight. Can JW motivate players who, v QPR, looked half asleep?

We will find out..one way or another..what JWs fate is..and the players ...its just another bit of Cherries History..
We have to give Woody time to comprehensively sort the badsh*t....the results so far are only co-incidental to a transitional period....
If he grabs this chance like EH did...and settles well in the area...we might just have another special era...but he needs to be ruthless with his decisions on players...

We got Woody Woody Woody Woody Woodgate ..on the job...on the job
Woooody Wooooody Woodgate.. Woooody Woodgate...on the jooob...on the job..
.Go Jonny. Goooh Jonny ..Go Jonny Go !

Well... Haha . sorr'ryi... but it could've been blinkin boring Suitgate ! :eek:

;