Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Firstly, Woodgate now officially becomes internal and the club have repeatedly said they will not appoint from within...

Secondly, I thought I'd read that it was Tindall that brought Woodgate in...??? So can't have been brought in to replace, in shape or form...

I for one hope Woodgate does well and gets something out of Saturday... He doesn't really know any of them, so no allegiances to anyone...

He doesn't exactly fill me with confidence but who knows with our squad. They may wake up on Saturday morning and remember they are supposed to be high quality footballers who make an excellent living doing something many of us would love to be able to do. Or maybe not!

Even if we beat Birmingham and Burnley I don't want Woodgate as manager so I hope the board can for once conduct this due diligent search for a new manager correctly and that the appointment is external and that they actually find some competence. Massive clear out needed, that includes Blake.

Woodgate has lots to prove. This is his chance. He was bound to get a crack at it...if he does ok I could see him appointed till the end of the season. A cheap option I would think....and Mr Blake is all for that at the moment....

Probably be Woodgate as interim . Gets a couple of results from new manager bounce gets the job ,players then down tools again ....yep I’m pessimistic .

prediction pretty good so far ... hope I don’t have to bump this again .

Base case scenario: Woodgate spends a few days hitting reset button on the squad, some basic training drills and a fresh start for everyone. Perks them up a bit and gains a couple of positive results.

Puts us in a better position for whoever comes in. Woodgate hands over to external manager with the squad in a better head space, and settles down to his coaching role.

Whoever comes in knows Woodgate is only contracted until the summer, so its not like he's a lingering threat. New man can decide in the meantime whether to keep Woodgate on longer term or not.

Oh dear, demands for JT to go only to find the interim isn’t popular either. Careful what you wish for! Bit like brexit. If you knew what the new option really is then you might change how you vote

I doubt we'll ever know who's idea it was to bring Woodgate in but something obviously stinks......but hey starts a new job on monday gets a promotion by Wednesday.....the guy's obviously a high achiever!

We might as well get behind him now because whether he's shite or not this is the pool we're fishing in.

I doubt we'll ever know who's idea it was to bring Woodgate in but something obviously stinks......but hey starts a new job on monday gets a promotion by Wednesday.....the guy's obviously a high achiever!

We might as well get behind him now because whether he's shite or not this is the pool we're fishing in.
We would have looked seriously light in the coaching dept if jones and Tindall were gone & woodgate hadn't come in

;