Jordon Ibe

Efan Ekoku was another player who took a while to start scoring but once he got into his stride he was hard to stop.

SilentAFCB, I disagree, there was a lot of good signs early on, his stats at the time were pretty good. I remember us talking about him and the only real worry was that he wasn't getting through any 90 minutes. For whatever reason, that early promise didn't bear fruit in the long term, who knows why.

I do feel a bit uncomfortable at how many fans seem to have totally written him off already, based on a] ignoring the price tag, he is still a young player who is still learning and b] how many players have had slow starts with Eddie before eventually flourishing. I just don't get how someone can think moaning at him at a stadium will help his game.

I think he will come good. He is only a couple of months older than Lys Mousset after all and no one doubts the latter will improve

Sorry Roger - 7/6/2017 10:14

I think he will come good. He is only a couple of months older than Lys Mousset after all and no one doubts the latter will improve

The issue is that the latter is playing better in the short periods on the pitch he has than Ibe does having had plenty of time.

Everyone hoping he comes doesnt mean he will. Of course I hope he comes good but he has shown nothing in his year with us to suggest he will.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/15459385.Jordon_Ibe_admits_his_first_season_with_Cherries_was___39_very_poor__39__and_knows_he_must___39_buck_up_my_ideas__39_/

From the man himself. Fair play for honesty Jordon. Pre season has been good - let's see it when the real games begin.

He looked very good on Sunday. He's no longer got the "most expensive" tag hanging round his neck. Eddie's sorted his head out now, and I'm feeling very confident that he's going to be a star this season.

Jordan Ibe has the capability to possibly be one of our best players this year; let's hope he's learned a thing or two from Josh King.

Good luck to the lad and as said, fair play to him for recognising the fact that he needs to up his efforts.

We have a lot of these interviews with our players and what they hope to do, it's when we get into the serious stuff and after a few games we will hopefully see the difference from last season.

Video interview up on the official site too. Thought he spoke very well. Interesting that he mentioned that Eddie had spoken to him and his parents several times.

DJ - 10/8/2017 10:00

A concern that he doesn't really know "why" he was poor last season though?
I think the answer kinda comes through in his other answers: he has been allergic to the hard training that is required but has started to buy into that now.
It's also possible that there is some other psychological reason which he may be aware of, but which for any number of reasons he may not really be comfortable sharing on TV (e.g., I was just a kid but now I'm growing up; I had a hard time adjusting to life in Bournemouth; I was dealing with X in my life but I've moved on now, etc.)

Anyway, I think by Christmas we will have a better picture of where Ibe is at as a player.

Allergic is a massive jump from what he actually said FFS.

Ask every player at the club and they will al tell you the same - they hate the hard running in training.

DJ - 10/8/2017 10:00

A concern that he doesn't really know "why" he was poor last season though?

Anyone who has played football regularly over an extended period will have experienced seasons where they could do no wrong and others where they could do nothing right, and times during a season when their form switched dramatically between the two extremes without an obvious reason. Quite often it is totally inexplicable, and sometimes trying hard to rectify the situation just seems to make matters worse.

With Jordan we have seen flashes of exceptional talent, and hopefully Eddie's magic touch and encouragement will enable him to produce it consistently over the course of a season.

Bad day I know but he really grew into the game today, although I accept **************** took their foot off the pedal and went down to 10.

Just stood applauding the away fans long after everyone else had turned away - fair play - probably appreciates our patience :) he's been honest with himself and I think he's really started to develop.

There are glimpses of improvement but we don't have the luxury of allowing him time now. We need points on the board now and, given how important wingers are for Eddie, I feel we should have sold him in pre season and recruited a replacement.

Had a great chance to shoot but didn't, useless soft fairy like most of our squad

Resevoir_Red - 9/9/2017 23:23

Had a great chance to shoot but didn't, useless soft fairy like most of our squad
Oh come on, and if he had shot and not scored, you'd be saying he was selfish and should have passed.

He looks a much better player than Fraser, who somehow still starts games with no impact on them. He's one of the only players who can beat a man, and at one point yesterday got himself half a yard and delivered a great cross in for King. Clearly improved on last year, and on performances so far, should be starting

;