Jordon Ibe

It might have not been the decision the crowd wanted in taking L Cook off, but there was no need in the booing, especially with Harry Arter coming on.

We have another game in two days, so Eddie probably taking off ready for Brighton.

billythekid - 30/12/2017 18:34

It might have not been the decision the crowd wanted in taking L Cook off, but there was no need in the booing, especially with Harry Arter coming on.

We have another game in two days, so Eddie probably taking off ready for Brighton.

The people that booed should be embarrassed with themselves when they reflect on that. Laughable.

SlowDownDerek - 30/12/2017 18:39

The people that booed should be embarrassed with themselves when they reflect on that. Laughable.

Shall I take a guess ,back of north stand ??

That booing was a bit odd. It was either Cook or Gosling to come off and I didn't really see the issue with it.

tedisking - 30/12/2017 19:08

I think the booing was that Ibe was not being subbed.....just my opinion

Shouldn't have been any booing, Eddie made the decision to take L Cook off and not Ibe.

Ibe had one shot saved and a screamer that kissed the crossbar.

wallmth - 30/12/2017 18:43

Seemed to be right hand side of the north stand but loud enough to be more than one group.

SlowDownDerek

Embarrassed ? They should be bloody ashamed. I know these blokes are earning more in a day than most of us will in a lifetime but this is just so crass in so many levels.
I have to admit to yelling the odd ‘You’re useless’ in the past as a symbol of frustration but booing is just wrong.

DJ - 30/12/2017 19:15

Seemed to be right hand side of the north stand but loud enough to be more than one group.

I heard it from the left and right. Not everyone but it was quite noticeable.

Druss_the_Legend - 30/12/2017 19:29

DJ - 30/12/2017 19:15

I heard it from the left and right. Not everyone but it was quite noticeable.

Absolute madness. :smack:

Ibe's lazy, wasteful, doesnt like tavkling, doesnt jump for headers, gives the ball away, doesnt try and win it back, runs into trouble, has little end product, puts unnecessary pressure on other players but I guess to some he must be good because he cost £15m. Personally i'd like to Mahoney given a chance, he may not be good enough yet but I bet he'd at least put some effort in.

YouthCherryNowFat - 30/12/2017 18:31

Wish people would get off the kids back. He is one of our most creative players and we need him to be confident and not shot to pieces every time he loses possession. Sure he is never going to be a combative defensive wide man, but going forward he can be a real menace. He has the skill to take players on and go inside or outside for fun. He just needs 1 goal, he’s getting closer! Here’s hoping it comes on Monday.

I reckon we will still be hoping for his first goal next Christmas. He has had more than enough time and its like starting each match with ten men. It beggars belief Cooke and Wilson were taken off and Ibe stayed on. I said on another thread Ake cost less and has given unbelievable return for our cash. How long have we been waiting for him to produce?

His decision making was as ever pretty questionable. Hit the bar with a great effort that would have taken the roof off had it gone in, but wasted several more excellent openings.

I thought be should have come off earlier, he was clearly tiring and struggling even more with getting back to help the ever exposed Franno.

Still, definite improvement from him recently and hopefully a goal isn't far off.

;