Jordon Ibe

horndean_exile - 30/12/2017 19:50

YouthCherryNowFat - 30/12/2017 18:31

Wish people would get off the kids back. He is one of our most creative players and we need him to be confident and not shot to pieces every time he loses possession. Sure he is never going to be a combative defensive wide man, but going forward he can be a real menace. He has the skill to take players on and go inside or outside for fun. He just needs 1 goal, he’s getting closer! Here’s hoping it comes on Monday.

I reckon we will still be hoping for his first goal next Christmas. He has had more than enough time and its like starting each match with ten men. It beggars belief Cooke and Wilson were taken off and Ibe stayed on. I said on another thread Ake cost less and has given unbelievable return for our cash. How long have we been waiting for him to produce?

Ake cost more.

kirsikka - 30/12/2017 19:55

horndean_exile - 30/12/2017 19:50

YouthCherryNowFat - 30/12/2017 18:31

Wish people would get off the kids back. He is one of our most creative players and we need him to be confident and not shot to pieces every time he loses possession. Sure he is never going to be a combative defensive wide man, but going forward he can be a real menace. He has the skill to take players on and go inside or outside for fun. He just needs 1 goal, he’s getting closer! Here’s hoping it comes on Monday.

I reckon we will still be hoping for his first goal next Christmas. He has had more than enough time and its like starting each match with ten men. It beggars belief Cooke and Wilson were taken off and Ibe stayed on. I said on another thread Ake cost less and has given unbelievable return for our cash. How long have we been waiting for him to produce?

Ake cost more.

Okay I take it all back!!!

Love some of our fans....Ibe plays his part in a great term performance and some still want him taken off early!!

fore15 - 30/12/2017 21:31

tedisking - 30/12/2017 19:08

I think t he booing was that Ibe was not being subbed.....just my opinion
Correct!!!!

1] if that was the case, they were idiots!
2] I'm sure people who reacting to Lewis going off. Still fools though!

I’m sorry but Ibe is not getting better he’s getting worse!
I so want him to do well but it’s not happening.
He was a passenger today I’m afraid!!

craigerp - 30/12/2017 21:36

I’m sorry but Ibe is not getting better he’s getting worse!
I so want him to do well but it’s not happening.
He was a passenger today I’m afraid!!

That is a ridiculous comment.

RobTrent - 30/12/2017 21:33

On a par with the knowledgeable fans that reckoned Wilshere was rubbish last season.

Yet you still sit on the fence - you could offer an opinion other than having a dig at those who do.

Did you ever offer an opinion on Wilshere ?

My view on Ibe today was that he pretty crap in the first half - went AWOL - bottled tackles.....improved for a while in the second.

Someone mentioned 10 men - that crossed my mind today, that's how it felt. However he's improving - slowly but I just don't get the bloke - shows brilliance one minute yet goes absent the next...you know that kid in the school playground who beat 5 people then fell over...every time.

If he scores I'm on the pitch.

One thing I liked seeing from Ibe today was his shooting from the edge of the box.
Very often in that area, he tries to dribble or pass his way through.
He's quick enough though that he can often switch the angle and get a shot away.
I wonder if he's been coached/encouraged to shoot more.
Anyway, he looked confident today. He even stole the ball a few times, and headed one just for Druss.

Still smarting?

I've been offering opinions, making predictions, and you're still not happy. Did I ever offer an option on Wilshere? Probably, but it was probably too rose tinted to stick in your memory. Like I predicted we wouldn't be in the bottom three by Christmas. Not enough doom and gloom for some.

I've said elsewhere, before today, that Jordon is getting better each game. He's not yet reached a level where he can be a game changer but he is getting better. There was one instance today where Ibe lost the ball and then Callum lost it a few seconds later. The groans for Jordon were palpably louder. The fans are more frustrated with him and I expect he knows it.

Ibe played well in both halves imo.

Personally, I think Ibe is a very talented youngster with a bright future. My biggest problem with him is that he fails to pass when better options are available. Still he deserved a goal today and it was desperate that shot didn't go in.

Everton are not miles better than us. To be honest we threw the game away up there. Keep up that level of performance and we will get 3 points at Brighton

No we were bottom 3 Boxing Day! If that's Christmas then so is today ;-)

ps. Why cant I find those emoticons?!

pps. Is it ok if I blame it on alcohol? ;-)

Ibe gets better game by game but....

His improvement is happening so slowly it feels like he won't be ready until he's 30.

Meanwhile we're short of fast attacking wingers... never thought I'd say that!

Anyway, with our numbers depleted by injury Ibe's obviously going to keep playing so this debate is a bit redundant.

SlowDownDerek - 30/12/2017 18:39

billythekid - 30/12/2017 18:34

It might have not been the decision the crowd wanted in taking L Cook off, but there was no need in the booing, especially with Harry Arter coming on.

We have another game in two days, so Eddie probably taking off ready for Brighton.

The people that booed should be embarrassed with themselves when they reflect on that. Laughable.

Massively disrespectful to Eddie, I was pretty bloody angry about it.

AFCB Lost in Brum - 30/12/2017 22:20

Ibe gets better game by game but....

His improvement is happening so slowly it feels like he won't be ready until he's 30.

Meanwhile we're short of fast attacking wingers... never thought I'd say that!

Anyway, with our numbers depleted by injury Ibe's obviously going to keep playing so this debate is a bit redundant.

Spot on brum

;