Josh King. The worst player to pull on our shirt??

Come on dude, I'm waiting for a response, rather than a direct quote and an emoticon.

Can you not answer the question without thinking an emoticon wins you the debate?

That's not really my question to answer, it's the managers.

King has only ever been effective for one half, if that.

Has EH not learnt his lesson in the fact that King is only good for 45 mins, but he ALWAYS gets an extra 15 leeway?

Please point me to a scenario where he has been effective in the second half after starting the first half.

I'm not saying King should be playing regardless, or is the answer to our scoring problems, though I thought he did better at Southampton and again today.

He has not been effective enough for long enough at this level, that is clear. I don't claim to have the answers, so as long as he has the AFCB shirt on, I will be behind him.

You are the one calling for him to be hauled off at HT, who would you replace him with, given what was available off the bench?

Thought it was a strange signing in the summer, and so it proves.

I think he tries hard but ................

I think maybe the betting markets think we have scoring problems as well.

Callum Wilson is 5/2 favourite to finish as our leading scorer this season.

And I'm actually considering a punt.................................

I never said King was rubbish today, in fact I thought he played very well first half and was our only goal threat.

M problem is that he has ALWAYS been a passenger in the second half after starting the first.

Name me a game where this observation is factually incorrect.

I am using hindsight, over the last 5 games to state that King is ineffectual in the second half.

Surely EH has noticed the pattern as well?

Jim - Whatever Rantie's faults, surely he deserves more than 10 minutes at the end of the game when the whole team has started to panic ?

Personally today, I'd have kept King on but brought Rantie on for on of the central midfielders with at least 25 to go.

The last 2 games he has played well. Hes got presence, strong and quick. I can see why EH invested in him. Is he getting better and better per game - yes. He should play but he can't play as a lone striker. He doesn't score enough. But he will create alot of space for another striker to score. He needs to play alongside a proven goalscorer. Murray or.........and that's our problem

mikecash73 - 8/11/2015 14:02

The last 2 games he has played well. Hes got presence, strong and quick. I can see why EH invested in him. Is he getting better and better per game - yes. He should play but he can't play as a lone striker. He doesn't score enough. But he will create alot of space for another striker to score. He needs to play alongside a proven goalscorer. Murray or.........and that's our problem

Agree. Thought he did well against West Am as well.

The Alchemist - 7/11/2015 17:36

Jim - Whatever Rantie's faults, surely he deserves more than 10 minutes at the end of the game when the whole team has started to panic ?

Personally today, I'd have kept King on but brought Rantie on for on of the central midfielders with at least 25 to go.

Couldn't agree more - lets give Rantie a chance to get into a game...

A couple of efforts on goal and some runs do not constitute a good performance at this level I'm afraid. If we are going to rely on someone who's scoring record is worse than mine was when I was playing Sunday league ( I played in goal) then this is going to be a long season. if EH didn't think Rantie or Kermogant would cut it at this level then he should have focused more on our attacking options through the summer. Without the options on the bench King needs to perform greater than he probably ever has but I can't see that happening. Thus guy couldn't score in the championship so how he is expected to score the goals to win us games is asking to much of him. I fear that when the January window opens it will be too late for us. A good first half isn't good enough we need 90 minutes out of him. The frustration in Arter and Ritchie became apparent as the game wore on with them both shooting from anywhere.

It's ok saying all this but right now, EH has very little option... I have been openly critical of King this season, but in the last 2 games, I have seen some signs of development in his game... Don't get me wrong, he is still far, far, away for being a Wilson replacement, but the signs are beginning to shine through...

I would have left King on on Saturday, and the same goes for Stanislas AND Arter. (surely he is fit enough for 90 mins now?)...

We were in total control and with the chances we were creating, a goal could have come in the end... You never know...

As soon as these 3 went off (poor Subs IMO) we lost our hustle and control in the middle, and we lost all our pace and strength up front... It was no coincidence that after these 3 went off, the game effectively dies and Newcastle slowly saw the game out with ease...

I feel that Eddie made changes for the sake of making them, and on this occasion, King et al should have stayed on...

Tomlin, Kermit and Ranti offered very, very little... It was almost like the days of Chukki and it turned a very serious situation into a pantomime, just wanting rant to f*cking score a goal...

Bring him on by all means, but not at the sacrifice of dominating the game and removing the only threats on the park...

And if EH didn't make changes he'd be lambasted for not doing so. Your observations are fair, but EH presumably thought those changes would strengthen the team.

The one change for me we were crying out for was to put Cook on and move Francis to right back, unfortunately Smith is no where near as affective there.

So for those criticising Kings selection or second half contribution, I'd like to hear the alternatives with the injury situation?

Its ridiculous to think of taking King off at half time just because of previous instances. How will he ever get better if he is hauled off at 45 minutes? The last two games, he has shown signs of what we are after, the best way to proceed right now, is to keep him on and his confidence can only grow.

The title of this thread is very damaging.God knows what it is doing to his confidence.He is improving but it's not his fault he is the only player on the books that approaches a Wilson replacement.

I doubt he is losing any sleep over this thread title. I'm not sure what the purpose of buying this was. It's not his goal scoring and surely wasn't bought because he can run fairly quickly. I think we Could have done better with a £1m.

;