Josh King. The worst player to pull on our shirt??

I thought King was the second worst player on the pitch (we all know how much of a mare Boruc had!) Having said that, I also thought it was King's best game he's had in a Cherries shirt. Does that say more about how bad I thought he was in the other games or that he is slowly improving?

And to think, some people used to love having a go at Pitman.

Rantie is easily the worst player we've had here in the last few seasons, not far behind Chukki.

But there have been far worse than King over the 32 years I've seen us. Thought he was doing ok to start with along side Wilson in the first few games. With Gradel supplying balls into the box and backing them up I think the three of them would have been a handful. Now we'll never know.

See I'd have loved to see a front four of Ritchie, gradel, Wilson and Murray. The problems they would create would be endless. One day I have dream. This will happen

bpl234 - 27/10/2015 06:06

See I'd have loved to see a front four of Ritchie, gradel, Wilson and Murray. The problems they would create would be endless. One day I have dream. This will happen

And if we're in the Premiership we'll lose 11-7 every week.

I'm up for that.

Chukki anyone? I actually think King was quite an astute signing, at the time Eddie was looking for players with raw talent as much as those who are the finished article. King brings alot of pace as well as international experience for a relatively small price tag. The footballing brain side of things, positioning etc. can be educated via the right kind of coaching. Clearly he isn't the finished article yet (similarly with Rantie) but all our players need time and support to develop. Unfortunately due to injuries and our summer recruitment falling short he has been dropped in at the deep end but that doesn't mean we should immediately shoot him down, just as we wouldn't shoot the development squad for not being PL quality. The man deserves respect for stepping up to the plate when called upon.

Given all circumstances the worst signings are FatFrank - 3rd, Ferreday - 2nd and Rantie - 1st - are they the worst players to pull on a shirt - no not at all.

King was a very strange buy - he cost very little in current corcumstances - £1mil or a free depending on who you listen to. It was strange that he was the only one of our new buys to start the first game and to me even stranger that he seems to merit a starting place every week in Eddies mind. The worst player we've had nope - and far from our worst signing.

I'd disagree with Mr B Goulet though - I can only think of two Josh's off the top of my head - McQuid and Gowling both were better than King (so far)

Our worst player - Chukki was hopeless, George Lawrence was too, Peter GUthrie made me believe I could have been a league goalie (if only I'd agreed to train with Bromsgrove Rovers back in '83 things could have been so different!), Bignall was pretty crap as well, and there was the so called striker whose name I can't remember that came from Soton on loan for a few games four or five seasons ago.

You can't seriously think Rantie is our worst signing ever?

Like most strikers they thrive on confidence so we can only hope that King and Rantie find the net soon and move on to better things on the pitch.

I still believe Rantie could become a good player for us.

NURSE

Lee Barnard! Still wasn't as bad as Chukki, one goal in FORTY SEVEN appearances (that goal was a screamer though to be fair). Can't believe he made it past 10 caps.

King has only played 7 appearances so it has to be kept in perspective, I agree that it was strange that he started the first game. Presumably Eddie saw something in training and thought he could hurt Villa. I think it's time he had a rethink though and gave him more time to develop. Let's get 5 in midfield and start frustrating teams with the possession game we're good at.

LDV was brilliant in his first game.

Rantie record signing - achieved three tenths of bugger all whilst whinging (so far, I've got my optimistic hat on at the mo') - I rest my case.

McQuid's second spell - give me Rantie
Fletch - club legend and all that - give me Rantie . contoversial I know

Loads of others I am sure

Rantie has never had an average game. In two seasons. He looks completely out of his depth and has a worse first touch than me.

Fletch did slightly better, don't you think?

dragonm8 - 27/10/2015 10:27

You can't seriously think Rantie is our worst signing ever?

Like most strikers they thrive on confidence so we can only hope that King and Rantie find the net soon and move on to better things on the pitch.

I still believe Rantie could become a good player for us.

NURSE

I am finding myself agreeing with you far too often recently Dragon :grin:

Rantie or King ? Rantie for me every time. He causes teams far more problems that King looks like he ever will.

I think Ryan Doble was the Saints loanee referred to. If you want a real crap signing ( for us ) how about Roger Boli? He cost us a fair few quid when we didn't have any and circumstances meant he did FA for us. Or how about other loan signings Blayney, Tomlinson?
Eribenne,,, he was way better than any signing Benson made for us, there were some dire ones back then.

Wayne Fereday has got to be the worst signing ever. He cost half a Gavin Peacock, and that was a lot of dosh 25 years ago.

Oh those memories of hope's dashed in the past. All part of supporting Boscombe. Come what may the loyal 3000 will still be there.

;