Joshua King

According to Andy Jacobs, Joshua's willingness to sign a new four-year deal shows a lack of ambition, given that he could have gone to Everton or Tottenham and played under the brightest young managers in the country with a chance of playing in Europe.

Wow.

So it's more ambitious to sit on the bench counting your money and waiting for your four starts and ten sub appearances a season with Everton or Spurs, which will probably end with a resale to Leicester or West Ham in two years, than staying with us and getting consistent game time under the best young manager in the country?

OK.....

It's usually Adrian Durham, but TalkSport in general do have a hard time getting their head around AFCB being in the Premier League. This time last year when Wilshere signed, given the station's naturally London leaning stance, the coverage of that move was a bizarre and amusing state of incredulity.

Let's be honest, if King has another cracking season, those same clubs will still be interested should King wish it. Signing a 4 year deal keeps him here this season, it doesn't guarantee he'll be here for 4 years.

It doesn't even keep him here this season. Go off like a train and people will always pay for goals in January. Its a reward for his work last year and I imagine the delay will have been an agent playing hardball and the threat of a move rather than anything concrete.

Great news though!

Do they actually know how transfers work ?

First the clubs in question have to make a bid (neither of them have) and then we would have to accept a bid before he even has any kind of decision to make about his future.

He's done the sitting on the bench at a big club, hated it and got away as soon as he could - why on earth would he go back to that ?

He earned a new deal with his exploits last season and I'm sure has earnt himself a nice pay rise.

AFCB fans are also full of double standards in my opinion. If we are linked with a player from the Championship they show a lack of ambition if they don't come to us even if their place in the side is far from guaranteed (which it quite obviously is). If one of our best players is linked with a bigger club they should stay because they've got no chance of playing for whoever it is.

In my view any player, whoever they are, should back themselves to be able to break into a side if a club comes calling. That's not to say everyone should say yes to every offer - just that they have to have confidence in their ability and take risks if they are going to reach their full potential.

Joshua King says it was always his plan to prolong his time with the Cherries after his new contract was announced yesterday.

After a landmark campaign in 2016/17, King has signed a new four-year deal with AFC Bournemouth.

After penning his contract, King told afcb.co.uk that committing his future to the club was an easy decision.

"I've been here for two years now and things have been going well for the club and for myself, committing myself to the club has been one of my aims since I came here," he said.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/king-committing-to-this-club-was-always-the-aim

Call me naive but Josh is a family man, he's on good money and it may just be, he's happy and his family is happy. He's young and working under a good manager who believed in him in the first place. If he bangs in 20 goals in a season that's fine, he may well move on but from his perspective, I can't see a desperate need to leave now.

If anyone saw the video of the end of season players' presentation, then he made it perfectly clear he wanted to stay here and improve under the Gaffer.

This MB lacks ambition too.

You don't see it appearing on Snapshat or Whattw*t...

Where's this board's profile on Tinder, Grindr or Scissr?

No, it would rather lounge around on this steam powered, dusty, parchment of a spot.

No ambition, TalkSport should be fuming

If King turned down Everton then that would be a lack of ambition as I believe he'd be the main man for them upfront. At Spurs, Harry Kane is so obviously the first choice, no matter how ambitious you are, very few strikers could seriously expect to get in ahead of him. This is why Spurs are always going to struggle to recruit a quality back up IMO.

The fact is no bids came in for King. Therefore suggestions he could have gone to Everton and Spurs this summer are nonsense. That being the case, why would you choose to be paid £20k p/w when your club is willing to pay (I guess) £45k. Its not lack of ambition, its just common sense.

wellsworld - 30/8/2017 16:38

I hear more sense on TS than I read on here

Rubbish.

You obviously haven't heard about the 3 new LGBT directors that are joining, each with sponsorship on their sleeves.

You need to keep up with the info !

tednphil - 30/8/2017 15:20

If anyone saw the video of the end of season players' presentation, then he made it perfectly clear he wanted to stay here and improve under the Gaffer.

well... as much as he could given the state he was in!

JIMNNINA - 30/8/2017 15:56

What is TalkSport ?

It's like a radio version of 24 hour rolling news; but it's 24 hour rolling adverts for builders merchants with a bit of self opinionated rubbish about sport thrown in every once in a while.

I think staying one more season is ambitious. Another good season means he will be seen as a first choice striker and not just a back-up, so he could get a better deal in January or next summer. Still think he is seen as an unproven talent at this level.

SlowDownDerek - 30/8/2017 14:13

AFCB fans are also full of double standards in my opinion. If we are linked with a player from the Championship they show a lack of ambition if they don't come to us even if their place in the side is far from guaranteed (which it quite obviously is). If one of our best players is linked with a bigger club they should stay because they've got no chance of playing for whoever it is.

Just as a matter of interest who are these Championship players we're coping an attitude about on here .

As for the likes of talk sport .We should know by now what our story line is .Plucky little Bournemouth basically keeping a place warm until the likes of Leeds , Nottingham Forest and Villa get their sh*t together .

;