Joshua King

I would be delighted if he were to stay with us, as the echo article suggested somewhat surprisingly. I don't think he'll make the same mistake as Fraser did as in not trying, I would welcome him back if we can't get the right money for him.

I would be delighted if he were to stay with us, as the echo article suggested somewhat surprisingly. I don't think he'll make the same mistake as Fraser did as in not trying, I would welcome him back if we can't get the right money for him.

Me too but I feel his heart is elsewhere so probably better for him and us to part company, wishing each other the very best. He could I suppose stay and try to leave in January but from our point of view, better to let him go now.

Me too but I feel his heart is elsewhere so probably better for him and us to part company, wishing each other the very best. He could I suppose stay and try to leave in January but from our point of view, better to let him go now.
I still think he'll go and surprised we haven't received any offers.

In the PL, Fraser needed/needs to be at 100% to be effective. Chasing down everything, getting into tackles, that was when he really shone. Such is the level of player he is relative to the opposition, when even slightly distracted, he will struggle (or at least not be a guaranteed starter)

A player of Josh King's ability in the Championship, that's another matter. I could well understand it's not exactly what he had in mind for this year, but if he's contracted and fit you'd have in the side any day at this level.

It might just take a few goals before the window shuts to spark some interest and get him a move anyway. And if not, stick at it until January and revisit the situation. That's the way you'd have to motivate him I think.

Last edited:
Somehow reminds me of the Pugh situation pre-Max.

I remember it becoming quite widely believed that he wanted to move on to a higher level as we'd become a bit of a basket case under Mitchell. At the start of that summer it seemed inevitable he'd move on.

Instead almost everyone around him seemed to get sold but nobody came in for him. I remember someone on here said they had a chat with a scout at a game who said he'd never make it at a higher level due to his lack of pace. Maybe that's why no bids came. Can't say the pace bit about King!

Anyway, he ended up stuck with us. Then Max came in, Pugh stayed and two seasons later we were up with MP staying for years to come.

All we need to do is contract that into a single season.

Somehow reminds me of the Pugh situation pre-Max.

I remember it becoming quite widely believed that he wanted to move on to a higher level as we'd become a bit of a basket case under Mitchell. At the start of that summer it seemed inevitable he'd move on.

Instead almost everyone around him seemed to get sold but nobody came in for him. I remember someone on here said they had a chat with a scout at a game who said he'd never make it at a higher level due to his lack of pace. Maybe that's why no bids came. Can't say the pace bit about King!

Anyway, he ended up stuck with us. Then Max came in, Pugh stayed and two seasons later we were up with MP staying for years to come.

All we need to do is contract that into a single season.
I remember those days well ! Like you, I was just waiting to read on the Ohec site that Pughy had also left the sinking ship but thank heavens ( for both his and our sakes ) that never happened ! I would love it if we gave him a one year deal to stick around and help out in training. Maybe with the odd substitute appearance thrown in if he does well.

If they were offered the right money he would be gone,like all the others they have lost over the years.
I don't think any club can really afford to turn down big fees when they aren't getting any gate money.
Gate money is a drop in the ocean to PL clubs.

Gate money is a drop in the ocean to PL clubs.

True for most clubs, but not the big boys. United and Arsenal are around £100m a season, likely Spurs and Liverpool too now with their new stadium and expansions respectively. For Arsenal it's about 25% of their turnover gone.

A great chance for us to play him up front and get a few goals out of him before he leaves!

Probably less likely to be tempted to wind down his contract with us than wee man, but if he did we would probably be better off with him in our team for one last season than the pittance of a transfer fee that we are now likely to get for him.

Having said that I don't believe for a second that he will be with us past transfer deadline day!

Gareth Bale being linked with a loan move to Spurs by Sky. I would guess that would put pay to that potential move for King.

;