Joshua King

I think it strange that players that wind their contract down do not appear to consider the real value of a contract. If Josh suffers serious injury whether football related or not in next few months he may well reflect on what a greedy ******* he is.
Appears crazy to me for any player to gamble potentially miss out on guaranteed great money for manyl years in the hope of gaining even more.

I think it strange that players that wind their contract down do not appear to consider the real value of a contract. If Josh suffers serious injury whether football related or not in next few months he may well reflect on what a greedy ******* he is.
Appears crazy to me for any player to gamble potentially miss out on guaranteed great money for manyl years in the hope of gaining even more.
He could go any time he chooses. You could equally argue he should chase the money because he might get injured one day.

He could go any time he chooses. You could equally argue he should chase the money because he might get injured one day.
You mention chase the money, that is what I am referring to ie have a contract (guaranteed money). You say if he gets injured one day, well as long as he has a reasonable contract then financially it doesn't really matter. Where it does matter is if a player does not have a contract or its a very short one ie Josh now.

Looks like it's Fulham or no move with the likelihood being the latter.

But who knows? These are weird times.

Whatever the offer from Craven Cottgae, take the money!

Does King want to sign for a club that could be back in the Championship next season?

Maybe stay until the end of season and negotiate a better deal for himself then and better choice of clubs here and abroad.

If it's Joe Bryan could be good business - but Southampton, Leeds and others have been in the market for him over the last six months, so here's hoping...

Would Fulham agree to that in a contract knowing they could be relegated and lose a player they had only recently signed?
Depends how desperate they were to stay up. I'd bet they're pretty desperate right now.
edit: the added bonus would be, if they stay up and King does well, they can make a huge profit off him.

Oh Christ, enough already. He just needs to move on. Can you imagine working with a colleague who you know wants to be elsewhere and is being linked constantly to your competitors? Get rid.

The end of this transfer window can’t come soon enough.

Oh Christ, enough already. He just needs to move on. Can you imagine working with a colleague who you know wants to be elsewhere and is being linked constantly to your competitors? Get rid.

The end of this transfer window can’t come soon enough.

That last bit is exactly the words JT used in interview on COWS.

Only makes sense with a relegation release clause. That way King gets to show off in the PL for a few months to audition for his dream move.

... but that's what he could have done with us for a few months late last season. So why now does that attitude make sense, when it didn't before?

;