Just got back

At this moment in time, I actually HATE the Premier League.

What I have seen today has almost destroyed my enjoyment of football.

Two appalling VAR decisions today may cost our club Premier League status, not on its own perhaps, but if we were to finish a couple of points inside the relegation zone I would look back at this match.

I am so angry, I could rant for hours.

What has happened to the beautiful game?

:utc:

Last edited:
I don't think VAR is about money, although the PL is.
Its about football authorities wanting to sanitise everything about the game, its a form of political correctness and a we know best attitude so just shut the feck up and swallow it.

What boils my p*ss is the fact with var, there is still no consistancy in. In other games, they would have probably overturned the var decisions.

What boils my p*ss is the fact with var, there is still no consistancy in. In other games, they would have probably overturned the var decisions.
I think we should have a VAR appeals committee to review VAR decisions, they should spend 5 minutes reviewing the reviews then summon the ref to explain his thoughts. If they can't decide then we should have a fail to agree VAR reviews panel. Its quite simple really, most games should take no more than 4 hours to complete.........................................................

I don't think VAR is about money, although the PL is.
Its about football authorities wanting to sanitise everything about the game, its a form of political correctness and a we know best attitude so just shut the feck up and swallow it.

VAR is about making things more 'interesting' for viewers at home I believe. Otherwise it would be implemented in all divisions.

VAR is about making things more 'interesting' for viewers at home I believe. Otherwise it would be implemented in all divisions.
I think it will be implemented in the Championship soon, its a question of having sufficient camera angles.

I've felt terribly depressed after a lot of games this season due to gutless performances, which thankfully we've not had in a while.

I still feel really depressed tonight but this time it feels like something much worse than terrible performances is going on. We're losing our game here.
And without sounding like a stuck record the only consumer industry in the world where the consumers won't be consulted.

Why? Because the supplier knows like all addicts we won't stop coming whatever they do to the product. You travelled so have had the worst of it. I watched it on an Arabic live stream and even though it sounded like a pissed Pakastani commentating on a horse race I still made out the words 'shoot me now' when their pen got awarded I'm sure. I'm fuming. The team played well. That was the gap we needed v West Ham.

We will still be back though and the powers that be know that.

And without sounding like a stuck record the only consumer industry in the world where the consumers won't be consulted.

Why? Because the supplier knows like all addicts we won't stop coming whatever they do to the product. You travelled so have had the worst of it. I watched it on an Arabic live stream and even though it sounded like a pissed Pakastani commentating on a horse race I still made out the words 'shoot me now' when their pen got awarded I'm sure. I'm fuming. The team played well. That was the gap we needed v West Ham.

I didn't travel today as I couldn't handle the thought of watching that crap both sides served up at DC - although tbf both sounded like they were much better this time around.

I expect many that did go today will think twice if this farcical situation doesn't improve though.

Reactions: drd
At this moment in time, I actually HATE the Premier League.

What I have seen today has almost destroyed my enjoyment of football.

Two appalling VAR decisions today may cost our club Premier League status, not on its own perhaps, but if we were to finish a couple of points inside the relegation zone I would look back at this match.

I am so angry, I could rant for hours.

What has happened to the beautiful game?

:utc:

The thing is. Hate the premier league.
But then complain we may lose our place in the premier league.
I get it.

The customers are now tv viewers and var creates controversy. Thus good for tv. Fans in the ground no longer know what is going on inside the stadium.

;