Just got back

I know it’s already been said but the referee should definitely have the final say. Surely there should be a soft signal (like in other sports) then it can only be overturned for a glaring error. Same re offsides. Make a decision on the pitch. If it’s given onside only part of the body needs to be level. If it’s given offside he has to be level. The farce today feels a real kick in the teeth. I can see perhaps the second one being given but not the first and that decision changes the game. I felt deflated after the two goal swing so I’m not surprised the players were.

I didn't travel today as I couldn't handle the thought of watching that crap both sides served up at DC - although tbf both sounded like they were much better this time around.

I expect many that did go today will think twice if this farcical situation doesn't improve though.

I never went today. Felt it in my water that we would be done over. After this VAR nonsense I will seriously consider which northern away games I go to watch as I prefer to drive rather than be sat on a coach for hours.

As Franno said in his interview after the game the players are saying what's the point of celebrating a goal anymore.

So what's the point of fans doing a 600 mile round trip to be cheated out of a result by VAR.

Other than for offsides, a ref in the studio should not be allowed to make a decision. Merely to recommend to the ref that he reviews an incident on the tv screen, that has been placed on the half way line area, specifically for that purpose!

Totally agree with this. If the on field ref then makes a decision based on different angles to his initial view, at least people could accept that better.

I know it’s already been said but the referee should definitely have the final say. Surely there should be a soft signal (like in other sports) then it can only be overturned for a glaring error. Same re offsides. Make a decision on the pitch. If it’s given onside only part of the body needs to be level. If it’s given offside he has to be level. The farce today feels a real kick in the teeth. I can see perhaps the second one being given but not the first and that decision changes the game. I felt deflated after the two goal swing so I’m not surprised the players were.

Not just the two goal swing - it changes the momentum of the game as the team benefitting gets a lift. Shambles.

The weird thing with VAR is that it hurts so much more.

When a referee screws up you can say he has one angle at full speed and one chance while also physically tired.

When a team of people with slow mo replays from a number of angles take minutes to come to a completely incorrect decision it questions whether it's worth watching football anymore.

The thing is. Hate the premier league.
But then complain we may lose our place in the premier league.
I get it.
I think in fairness it is natural to feel hurt when your team lose. I want us to be in the championship next season, but every defeat from now until the end of the season will still hurt. It doesn’t make sense, but this is a game of passion not rationality. At least it used to be.

The weird thing with VAR is that it hurts so much more.

When a referee screws up you can say he has one angle at full speed and one chance while also physically tired.

When a team of people with slow mo replays from a number of angles take minutes to come to a completely incorrect decision it questions whether it's worth watching football anymore.
I think it’s more the fact that decisions are being reviewed at all, even if they were getting them right is it really worth it. I honestly haven’t celebrated a goal all season, as an actual fan is there really any point any more? I don’t care if we get dodgy VAR decisions in our favour from now until the end of the season, it NEEDS to go. It kills the passion and the exhilaration of the moment, and without that frankly the game is pointless.

;