Just got back...

How he continues to steal a living I don’t know.
I thought you meant “Jordan”!
Might as well start with 10 men. Every week I say to myself, this match will be the one where Ibe gives an all star, match winning performance. But no, same old same old.

Spoke to my friend who went to the game last night. His comment was as follows.
WORST PERFORMANCE SINCE LEAGUE ONE.
He is normally very astute so that really concerns me

UTCIAD

We were really abysmal apart from 20 minutes at the end of the first half. We started terribly and looked terrified of them, got strangely better after they scored though.

2nd half was pathetic, albeit a patched up team. We looked like a mid table championship team in the FA Cup. They were clearly fragile at the back, but we were never solid enough to have a chance to exploit that. Our defence was like a circus.

What frustrates me is that we make it so easy for the top teams, we don't give ourselves any chance in the last 30 minutes to nick something. I know there's a gulf in class, but it is like we've thrown the towel in before we even start.

A couple of thoughts. I don't think Arsenal are that good tbh, I didn't see any highlights from last night and I don't want to either. I guess we made Arsenal look like world beaters.
My second thought is whilst AFCB have brittle performances like this, Eddie and Jason will never get that top job. So that's the only positive I can take from last night.

Yet again the issue is not that we were beaten but the nature of the defeat. Of course Arsenal have better players than us, but we didn't half give them a helping hand with the way we approached the game. Not tracking runners, giving the arsenal midfielders acres of space, playing needless risky passes when in danger ect these are the absolute basics of the game and if you can't do these right then there is 0 chance of getting anything from any away game at this level.

It was the absolute carelessness that we let them get early goals in each half that wound me up more than anything. I've never really accused players of not trying but you couldn't defend them to that accusation last night. Half-arsed from the off.

It was the absolute carelessness that we let them get early goals in each half that wound me up more than anything. I've never really accused players of not trying but you couldn't defend them to that accusation last night. Half-arsed from the off.
Exactly, what would EH have been drumming into them at half time - look lads you have done really well, got it back to 2-1 - keep it tight and see what happens.. Same speech as at Cardiff no doubt. Why aren't the players listening. Don't have the same issue at home (yet!)

;