Karen Carney

I don't know why people get so wound up about pundits. They all talk shite.

I think it's because your only choice is listening to them or mute while you're very emotionally invested in what you're watching. It's like having that guy who slags off your favourite player sat behind you at a match.

As many of you know Karen and I had a bit of a fling together back in the dim and distant past.
She was young, articulate yet immensely vulnerable.
She always favoured a 4-4-2 system but I preferred a high pressing game.
We were lovebirds frolicking in goal mouths and laughing at those who told us we were mismatched.
It all ended over her growing involvement with punditry and post match summaries.
That spontaneity we once shared lost at the altar of footballing cliches and analysis.
When I look at her tonight....yes memories will flood back but I shall stand firm.
My heart will be yearning for Sheffield United as I blow Karen a long lost kiss.
Love can be unfair if you are well hung and lusted after by most female soccer pundits.
I’m having to fight off Alex Scott and Carol Kirkwood.
Yes...I know Carol is a weather forecaster....and I’m getting bored silly by her showing me her warm front.....

...no point trollig her on here!

As some have said most commentators and pundits are not fit for purpose...

when you look back to the class of bygone years...Brian Moore...Hugh Johns...Barry Davies and the like who would just commentate on the actual game and what was happening on the pitch and not try and suggest tactics or undertsand why things went on.

I guess Sky introduced pundits and co commentators annoyingly!

oh those days of panel of experts like Clough...Hill, St John, Greaves and Allison...who always had interestingh insights and stories to entertain us!

;