Lansdowne incident

northstandmark

UTC Legend
Police and ambulances all over the area, police doing searches, public being kept away. Doesn’t look or sound good. Centred around the roundhouse hotel, college and roundabout.

on Ohec:

4:25pm

A spokeswoman for Bournemouth and Poole College said:
"We understand that an incident has occurred outside the Bournemouth Campus of Bournemouth and Poole College this afternoon (Thursday 25th January 2024).
"Police are currently in attendance, and our team is assisting them as required.
"Due to the incident being a police matter, we are unable to comment further at this point in time."

FOUR people have sustained injuries and a person has been detained following an incident in Bournemouth.

Dorset Police were called to Meyrick Road in Bournemouth this afternoon following a report of a 'disturbance'.
A large cordon is currently in place at the scene while officers conduct enquires.
South Western Ambulance Service is also in attendance, with four people reported to have sustained injuries

Echo

A spokesperson for the South Western Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 2.54pm on Thursday 25 January to an incident on Meyrick Road, Bournemouth.

"We sent five double-crewed ambulances, three air ambulances, and two operations officers.

"We conveyed four patients by land ambulance to Poole Hospital and one patient by land ambulance to Southampton General Hospital.”

Echo

5:21pm

Dorset Police update:

Dorset Police received a report at 2.46pm on Thursday 25 January 2024 of a disturbance in Meyrick Road in Bournemouth.

Officers attended the scene and five people were reported to have sustained injuries. All have been taken to hospital for treatment. One of them has sustained injuries that are believed to be serious but not life threatening.

Two people were arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent. A third person has been arrested on suspicion of assault by beating.

Following the initial response of officers at the scene, this matter is now in an investigative phase and a policing presence will remain in the vicinity as further enquiries are conducted and a number of cordons have been put in place.

Officers can be approached by members of the public with any information or concerns and neighbourhood policing teams will be carrying out reassurance patrols in the area.

I live across the road from The Roundhouse. Walk my dogs past the entrance to the hotel every morning and most afternoons (not this afternoom, fortunately). I have to say during the day it's the college kids causing all the aggro around there - the local smakheads take over in the evenings - not the Roundhouse occupants. From my daily experience, anyway..

A report giving a bit more information and a photo of some arestees where someone forgot to blank out hands

There is an Ohec report on the BBC website saying the Roundhouse Hotel is now closed but the same report does not appear to be on the Ohec on-line.

No-one is mentioning who the residents of Roundhouse and the nearby Britannia Hotel are. Initially the blame appears to be directed onto students of Bmth College. It may well be that some of the residents of the two hotels are students at the College.

There are a lot of interests who will want to cover this up as much as possible or be told to cover it up:- BCP, The College The Police, The Home Office, Britannia Hotels, the University, the local tourism industry and the Ohec.

It will be interesting to see what dribbles out

A report giving a bit more information and a photo of some arestees where someone forgot to blank out hands

There is an Ohec report on the BBC website saying the Roundhouse Hotel is now closed but the same report does not appear to be on the Ohec on-line.

No-one is mentioning who the residents of Roundhouse and the nearby Britannia Hotel are. Initially the blame appears to be directed onto students of Bmth College. It may well be that some of the residents of the two hotels are students at the College.

There are a lot of interests who will want to cover this up as much as possible or be told to cover it up:- BCP, The College The Police, The Home Office, Britannia Hotels, the University, the local tourism industry and the Ohec.

It was definitely students from the college. My son is at the college and was outside on the phone to me while it was going off. Whether they're occupants of the hotels or not is pretty much as irrelevant as you want it to be. Or you could use some lovely rhetoric to try and infer that is the asylum seekers that are housed there that are causing the problems. Fairly easy to say that so not sure why you need to make it look like it's a secret?

It was definitely students from the college. My son is at the college and was outside on the phone to me while it was going off. Whether they're occupants of the hotels or not is pretty much as irrelevant as you want it to be. Or you could use some lovely rhetoric to try and infer that is the asylum seekers that are housed there that are causing the problems. Fairly easy to say that so not sure why you need to make it look like it's a secret?
Wouldn't be like the Daily Fascist to push an anti-immigrant agenda, would it?

Why will it be covered up? It is just that there is a police investigation that is ongoing, so the people in the know aren't at liberty to say what they know until all the facts have been collected. Also, just because an incident happened outside a college/hotel, it doesn't mean everyone involved is from the college or staying in the hotel. The important thing is that nobody lost their lives and the emergency services were right on it. Now the information will be collected and that information will be released to the public when the time is right. In general, knife crime is a huge problem in this country and the police need more funding, so they can maintain a presence in and around city/town centres and other areas.

Why will it be covered up? It is just that there is a police investigation that is ongoing, so the people in the know aren't at liberty to say what they know until all the facts have been collected. Also, just because an incident happened outside a college/hotel, it doesn't mean everyone involved is from the college or staying in the hotel. The important thing is that nobody lost their lives and the emergency services were right on it. Now the information will be collected and that information will be released to the public when the time is right. In general, knife crime is a huge problem in this country and the police need more funding, so they can maintain a presence in and around city/town centres and other areas.
One of those stabbed was a student in the department my wife works in ….
They have been having seminars recently warning the kids about knives , county lines etc …

In no way linked… but a couple of years ago there was a big fight on the beach by the West Cliff - mate of mine saw it unfold and sent me a video. Must have been 30 people involved. Pretty naughty. One female bystander took a bottle to the face. People running around with blades. Couple got stabbed. I don’t think it was local. There were brief reports in local and National press at the time. But don’t recall seeing any further investigations or reports of arrests or sentencing. Plenty of CCTV along that area. Strange.

Last edited:
From Echo story.

A GLASS bottle and a knife were used in a fight that hospitalised five people outside a Bournemouth college in broad daylight.

Approximately six young people were involved in a fight that broke out outside Bournemouth and Poole College at around 2.45pm on January 25.

A 24-year-old man from Bournemouth and a 25-year-old man were arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent.

Both men were taken to hospital for treatment of minor injuries.

A 17-year-old girl from Bournemouth was also arrested on suspicion of assault and wounding with intent.

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Bell, of BCP CID, said: “From our early enquiries, we believe this incident involved two groups of young people who were known to each other and there was no wider threat to others in the area.

;