Last Game in a Bournemouth Shirt

Those saying that Brooks and Solanke will go. What Prem club do you think has watched them this season and thought that either of them can be a difference maker for them at the top level? I’m genuinely intrigued as to whether I’ve been watching a different team this season. Money will be tighter than ever even at the top level, do you seriously believe that after this season that a Prem club will prioritise spending millions on the likes of Brooks and Solanke. Danjuma will get interest for sure. Perhaps even Billing. But we’d have to sell at a massive cut price if we are to offload Brooks and Solanke this window.

No PL club's going to want Solanke.

Someone like West Brom might, or a could be PL squad player - just the signing we used to make in the PL

If the board want to consolidate and save money then offloading him for a few million will make the wage savings worth it, and be great value for a lower PL team.

Someone like West Brom might, or a could be PL squad player - just the signing we used to make in the PL

If the board want to consolidate and save money then offloading him for a few million will make the wage savings worth it, and be great value for a lower PL team.
Come on now, I like Dom but he is NOT Prem standard. Any Prem club signing him would just be to take up a meaningless squad place, and there are cheaper ways to do that.

Those saying that Brooks and Solanke will go. What Prem club do you think has watched them this season and thought that either of them can be a difference maker for them at the top level? I’m genuinely intrigued as to whether I’ve been watching a different team this season. Money will be tighter than ever even at the top level, do you seriously believe that after this season that a Prem club will prioritise spending millions on the likes of Brooks and Solanke. Danjuma will get interest for sure. Perhaps even Billing. But we’d have to sell at a massive cut price if we are to offload Brooks and Solanke this window.

I agree Danjuma and lerma could be the biggest names to go ..

We will keep the majority of this team, add a couple more to freshen it up and we will be ready to go again.

Agree on Solanke, but Brooks I think will have suitors despite his indifferent form. I can’t think of too many other players in this division who stood out (other than those playing for Norwich, Watforf anf Brentford) and certainly not any who have shown they can play at the top level already. Could easily see the likes of southampton, Brighton etc shelling out 20million for him, just depends what value the board put on him I guess.

Big clear out needed, the future is a mixture of talent produced through the youth system along with up and coming players from the lower leagues.

Brooks had a red hot spell in the premier league and proved he can do it in that arena. Whether he can do it again is yet to be seen but I would think there will be some Prem teams ready to punt 15mill on him based on what he has shown in the past.
Teams have paid a lot more for a lot less in the past, us included.

My main concern would be in how we handle these negotiations. To a lot of these players Bournemouth is just a stepping stone and I fear they will have a hissy fit and throw their toys out of the pram if they don’t get their moves sanctioned, which as we all know is a massive no no for team spirit and unity.

Come on now, I like Dom but he is NOT Prem standard. Any Prem club signing him would just be to take up a meaningless squad place, and there are cheaper ways to do that.

Was Brad Jones, Jordan Ibe, Marc Wilson, Rhoys Wiggins (lol) 'prem standard' when everyone was saying how they were good value squad signings in the PL?

He gets snapped up if we make signs that players are available or want to offload high earners, which I fear we will.

Reactions: drd
Brooks had a red hot spell in the premier league and proved he can do it in that arena. Whether he can do it again is yet to be seen but I would think there will be some Prem teams ready to punt 15mill on him based on what he has shown in the past.
Teams have paid a lot more for a lot less in the past, us included.

My main concern would be in how we handle these negotiations. To a lot of these players Bournemouth is just a stepping stone and I fear they will have a hissy fit and throw their toys out of the pram if they don’t get their moves sanctioned, which as we all know is a massive no no for team spirit and unity.
But we’re now in an era due to COVID that clubs don’t have 15m to spend on a player who has been poor in the second tier. For a lower Prem Watford type club that would be a good third of their budget I imagine.

Be interesting to see how much money Sheffield United will throw at getting back up and who their manager will be. I could see Brooks back there for a full on tilt at promotion.

But we’re now in an era due to COVID that clubs don’t have 15m to spend on a player who has been poor in the second tier. For a lower Prem Watford type club that would be a good third of their budget I imagine.

Maybe, we will see I guess, but I don’t think the premier league is going to be short of money, far from it.

Be interesting to see how much money Sheffield United will throw at getting back up and who their manager will be. I could see Brooks back there for a full on tilt at promotion.

Now I wouldn’t mind Brooks moving to a premier league side, but I would be annoyed if the board sold him to a division rival.

As long as the TV money is still there, the transfer fees will come.

Also don’t forget we are in a post brexit world now so “cheap Europeans” are more difficult to come by. I’m sure there will be some ways round that as it pans out but I think Brooks would be more desirable then a lot of other domestic players.

I do fear that the side that was put out against Wycombe could be the core to next season. Definitely need to bring in some talent.

I pray Mepham but it won't be.
Danjuma and Lerma will be off.
Danjuma yes but I honestly don't think Lerma would be a big loss and we'd have to have to accept a lot less than we paid for him. My guess is our illustrious board will have another go at getting us up next season!

I think we may be missing an important factor here.

The next manager.

Many of those mentioned above will hang around like a bad smell to see who the next manager is.

If it's an ambitious appointment some may well want to stay, if its some run of the mill journeyman, you won't see them for dust.

Also.

Rico hasn't had a mention yet.

A massive disappointment pretty much from day one aside from a few flashes of potential.

I would miss his haircut though.

Think we’ll see most of them to be honest unless they are put up for sale involuntarily.

Apart from Danjuma who seems to have some ambition most of the ‘star’ players have hardly lit up the Championship have they?

;