Last shout - any items for our Trust Board/ Club Board meeting

Several of the stewards/ security have known me for several years, probably from my Player Raffle days.
They 'search' me and check my wife's handbag every time.
I am glad they do. If they didn't some supporters might complain...."lack of security", "search some, miss some" etc......
There are two sides to every story !

AlGard - 26/9/2017 17:21

Chubby_Cherry - 25/9/2017 23:15

Evening,

We've been talking to the club about last Tuesday, and forms part of the agenda for our Board to Board meeting tomorrow.

Are there any other items that need raising?

We have ticketing, stadium development on the list too.

We always monitor what is being said here and elsewhere, so anything already suggested has been considered.

I thought you had to be a paid up member to have questions asked at these meetings.
Would be pretty miffed if I had coughed up and it was open to all and sundry.

However, good luck tonight.
Let's hope they listen to the advice and gripes you give them.

So join up then and have your say.
we have AGM's / member forums and are always accessible on social media, and in person at games.

Patting down most people and searching most bags has been happening at most away games we visit for several years now. (Or maybe I just look shifty :hihi: ) These are larger grounds dealing with larger numbers of people than us.

What I'm not clear on, is why it causes so much more chaos at DC.

It could be that at other clubs, they're more interested in the away fans and thus don't really bother their home fans, so we don't notice any great queues around the ground. It could be that security persons at other clubs are somehow more efficient. It could be that our visiting supporters are used to it and flow through it more quickly, whereas a good portion of home fans at DC aren't used to it. Or a combination of those factors.

One thing we are stuck with for now is the layout and design of the ground itself, which was thrown together on a shoestring, with not enough turnstiles, and not enough space around the ground due to housing on now two sides.

That North and East stand thoroughfare is ridiculously tight and in certain conditions downright dangerous. We've all seen the trouble caused when a police van/ambulance is trying to get through whilst crowds are milling around. But we are where we are, for now.

Appreciate the club are working on it and I appreciate the Trust for trying to assist, and raise more awareness with the club about the problems faced.

A positive meeting, club board didn't shirk answering any questions and we didn't shirk asking any.
We are prepping minutes right now and, once approved, they'll be shared publically.

northstandmark - 27/9/2017 15:35

Chubby_Cherry - 27/9/2017 15:19

Ken Baileys Ghost - 27/9/2017 14:41

Chubby_Cherry - 27/9/2017 14:00

Ken Baileys Ghost - 27/9/2017 13:58

What biscuits did you have?

None

Sorry mate.

That speaks volumes.

I don't eat biscuits.

:flag:
Oh well, more custard creams for me :154:

Custard bleedin creams?

WTF?

You wanna talk biscuits, you can’t beat a decent Bourbon.

On the subject of searching everyone, I noticed on the ticketing info for Bournemouth v Norwich U21s game:

"There will be security checks and every supporter will be searched, so please leave in good time to allow for these searches."

They really are going to town with the security, even for an U21 game where only a couple blocks of the main stand will be open for a gate of maybe a few hundred at most.

On the subject of biscuits, Bourbons are a decent, respectful choice. But nothing in the world beats dunking a handful of Custard Creams into a cuppa tea. Heaven on earth. :grin:

northstandmark - 27/9/2017 16:18

On the subject of searching everyone, I noticed on the ticketing info for Bournemouth v Norwich U21s game:

"There will be security checks and every supporter will be searched, so please leave in good time to allow for these searches."

They really are going to town with the security, even for an U21 game where only a couple blocks of the main stand will be open for a gate of maybe a few hundred at most.

That takes the biscuit.

northstandmark - 27/9/2017 16:18

On the subject of biscuits, Bourbons are a decent, respectful choice. But nothing in the world beats dunking a handful of Custard Creams into a cuppa tea. Heaven on earth. :grin:

Before the under 21 game, which incidentally I managed to smuggle in a packet of Oreos (not as good as they used to be, but cheap), the bloke in front of me was searched by the stewards.

Nothing strange about that apart from the fact he was an unassuming 50 year old bloke wearing a black baseball cap.

The steward actually took off the blokes cap and looked inside it.

Not sure if he was looking for biscuits or what, but he found nothing.

Custard Creams, hard white biscuits for proper Alpha males, none of those Pink wafer fingers thank you : )

;