Last week of the Transfer Window.

Interesting that nobody mentions a goalie.

Travel has looked a lot better and seems to be gaining confidence as no1 but for me he still doesn't command his area.

It would be interesting to understand SPs thinking on whether he want to persist and hope that he continues developing with more first team football.

Or maybe Nyland is the answer.
Don't get me wrong if Woodman turned up tomorrow I'd be delighted. I'd still want someone of that ilk if possible, it's just less of a priority now compared to other areas.

Nyland gives us some depth, so should the worst happen and Travers get injured or struggle for a string of games, we have a more experienced alternative. Going into the season with just Travers and Dennis would have been mental.

What about Andy Carroll? He has West Ham and the Newcastle links with Parker but not sure if they played together. High wage demands I guess but would be great to have as support for Dom. I'very read that Burnley, Norwich and West Brom are sniffing around him.

are main problem I see is out and out attacker to cover Dom, think we have cover in most area, Stan was aways going to be a problem as never does more than 25-30 games a season

is the loan window open after that date?
I love Jeff but is he now an expensive luxury?
loan move back to spain to get him off the wage bill?

...a useful player but costs us too much in his behaviour, too careless with his tackling and he's supposed to have bitten opponent, so what's that all about, who teaches him that skill...get rid pbq before he acquires another skill.

are main problem I see is out and out attacker to cover Dom, think we have cover in most area, Stan was aways going to be a problem as never does more than 25-30 games a season
aways true

...a useful player but costs us too much in his behaviour, too careless with his tackling and he's supposed to have bitten opponent, so what's that all about, who teaches him that skill...get rid pbq before he acquires another skill.
Depends on how Parker wants the midfield to play .

To have 1 defensive and 2 in front or the other way round .
Lerma is the one midfielder we have that can cover the ground in transitional plays better than anyone due to his athleticism.

Wonder if that was the issue with his extension. We don't know his new salary, do we? Maybe the club offered him less than he was on hence his reluctance to extend. Makes sense from both points of view if so.

Lerma is the one midfielder we have that can cover the ground in transitional plays better than anyone due to his athleticism.

Will be interesting in 5-10 years to see if the role of the 'Striker' has become absolute as more clubs look for versatility. Ideally, an excellent goal scorer who can track back or move to the sides is ideal. Likewise, an attacking midfielder who can score as well as a striker. Currently there aren't that many versatile players who are super sharp in front if goal.

Going to interesting how SP fits all those CM's into the team when Lerma comes back and Pearson is fully fit.
Who does he drop?
Haven't heard of the extent of Stans injury but he is really fragile so possibly need some more wide players.
Unbelievable to think that we still have S Cook, Smithy and Stacey to come back. With the young lads playing so well there is now some really good competition for places.
Just need a striker/ forward.

I think he rotates depending on the opposition. With matches twice a week, momentum and cohesion will still be there if he makes some changes. Starts one player on Saturday and maybe gives another 20-30 mins as a sub depending on the game. Then starts another in mid-week and does the same. It also takes the pressure off re: yellow card suspensions having more options.

I wonder if footballers biting each other is seen as particularly distasteful (pardon the pun) in Europe compared to parts of South America, where it may be viewed less seriously? Not sure. Could be talking out of my a×××. Just wondering. How many times did Suarez bite players? Having said that, Rudiger had a nibble of Pogba in the Euros. Pretty sure it's as frowned upon in Germany as here.

What about Andy Carroll? He has West Ham and the Newcastle links with Parker but not sure if they played together. High wage demands I guess but would be great to have as support for Dom. I'very read that Burnley, Norwich and West Brom are sniffing around him.
He'd give Junior a run for his money with his injury record. Hopefully we wouldn't be so daft to entertain it.

Has not been really much choice to do the reverse but would imagine that's his preference i.e. one attacking midfielder.

There is uncertainty with Lerma in that the quickest way to clear his suspension was with us, so after the Norwich game, a move becomes viable. Not suggesting he will move but not impossible.

I hope Parker is brave enough to let the U21s, who have not started yet, play against Norwich, with some of the others that need a game. We might need a reason to believe it's worth holding back one transfer until Jan. There's plenty of reason to believe Rogers can cover more positions.

If you want 2 more in, don't then become that person who complains about too much rotation in October or the state of the finances at a later date.

Don't get me wrong if Woodman turned up tomorrow I'd be delighted. I'd still want someone of that ilk if possible, it's just less of a priority now compared to other areas.

Nyland gives us some depth, so should the worst happen and Travers get injured or struggle for a string of games, we have a more experienced alternative. Going into the season with just Travers and Dennis would have been mental.
I don't know why posters are singing the praises of
I would have said that 10 days ago if he was up for moving but having seen our second half yesterday, I think we'd be wise to keep him. Only takes Pearson to get another knock and suddenly there is no-one back there and it's Kilkenny on his own. Lewis Cook is great but not sure how long it will take for him to be fit. Always the chance of a set back too.

I've been wondering about Nyland as a keeper, he's had more clubs in recent times than I've had hot dinners. I'll conclude by saying if he was any good he would not have been available so many times.

Has not been really much choice to do the reverse but would imagine that's his preference i.e. one attacking midfielder.

There is uncertainty with Lerma in that the quickest way to clear his suspension was with us, so after the Norwich game, a move becomes viable. Not suggesting he will move but not impossible.

I hope Parker is brave enough to let the U21s, who have not started yet, play against Norwich, with some of the others that need a game. We might need a reason to believe it's worth holding back one transfer until Jan. There's plenty of reason to believe Rogers can cover more positions.

If you want 2 more in, don't then become that person who complains about too much rotation in October or the state of the finances at a later date.
Only two clubs in the whole of Europe have a lower net transfer spend than us over the last couple of seasons I believe ie we have bought in millions more than we have spent. There should sure as hell should be enough to get three more players in, if not serious questions should be asked about the running of the club.

Only two clubs in the whole of Europe have a lower net transfer spend than us over the last couple of seasons I believe ie we have bought in millions more than we have spent. There should sure as hell should be enough to get three more players in, if not serious questions should be asked about the running of the club.
Where did you get those figures from?

And a clubs ability to spend doesnt just depend on the net transfers? I think you know that.

;