Leeds at Home

I think the Twitter comments sum up my thoughts, totally embarrassing for our fans and the club. If we weren't tinpot before then we are now. Some great comments on there, loved the one about how would you react if a couple of Germans moved in next door.
Complete overreaction by the Trust.

And they wonder why the club try to engage with fans without the current trusts involvement…

Supporters Experience Group

Can the club explain its thinking behind creating its own SEG?
There are concerns that there is a ‘divide and conquer’ reason for this. What did the club feel they could not consult with the CT on that required a club-appointed group?
We felt it was a good opportunity to set up a Supporters Experience Group as another way for fans to feel more involved with the Club.
As the group will be aware, we reached out to all supporters to apply to be part of the SEG and had a really good response in the number and calibre of applications. We tried to select as diverse a group as possible in terms of seat location, STHs/points holders, gender and age, together with representation of disability and Cherries Trust members. The club will go through this process again so that the group is refreshed annually, with a view to meet 3-4 times a year.

It was felt that the Cherries Trust growth over the last few years was disappointing and that at the present time did not cover a large enough cross section of the supporter base. It was felt that interaction with a wider diverse group of supporters was necessary to allow all voices and opinions to be heard. However, the club and Cherries Trust have undertaken to work together on attracting a wider group of supporters to engage with the Trust.
We feel it is important for supporters to have a voice and interaction with the hierarchy of the Club, together with existing feedback mechanisms and groups, promotes that engagement, while giving the club the opportunity to hear about supporter experiences.
https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/supporter-liaison-updates/cherries-trust-meeting-minutes-february-2022/

It's embarrassing. The quick timing of that message to Dorset finest surely means it went from an individual rather than after any committee decision?
Or if it was discussed beforehand to have a question ready 'in the event of..', then they need to get a life
The Trust does not reflect the supporters given its (alleged) low subscriber numbers, and to be quoted as the supporters group in a Leeds paper isn't something I'd endorse

It's spreading....
"The YEP has contacted the Cherries Trust for comment"
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...-over-leeds-united-bank-holiday-clash-3735568
It confirms what I remembered, the plod are consulted and are a variable in the fixture list creation along with other things. In other words, the Dorset Police are ok with the timing of the fixture. Not sure why the CT are getting frothy - did they have enough time to poll the members are did they go rogue on this?

I have to agree with most of the comments on here, that this is a tad OTT and makes us look even more tinpot than usual... It was 30 odd years ago ffs, and we've played Leeds 3 times since and not one bit of trouble... People were not rushing to tweet every time Cardiff, Birmingham or Millwall have come here... It's a Bank Holiday... so what? Times have changed 'a lot' since the 80s. Some folk really need to move on...

... and I don't see how the CT's actions are representative of what fans and club actually want... Where was the consultation and research period for fans to actually say if this actually justifies police intervention... From what I've read online, it seems most think this is embarrassing...

Nothing to see here and put your toys back in your pram as you move on...

Could have had any of the prem teams on that weekend other than Leeds.
Will there be a problem, almost certainly not.
Had we got another team then it definitely wouldn't have been a problem.

No problem v Brentford last season as Brentford's beach is rubbish and I doubt many Leeds fans stayed the whole weekend drinking in the sun.

Seems unnecessary. Why even make it an issue ?

If anything did kick off, and I stress I don't think it will, is everyone happy with AFCB getting a ban on bank holiday matches for another 15 years ?

Should have been sorted quietly behind the scenes before fixtures were made public. Going public Only entices the Neanderthals to teach us a lesson for crying to Teacher.

Should have been sorted quietly behind the scenes before fixtures were made public.

Definitely should be being done privately.

Who knows what discussions prior to the fixtures being released were, but it’s not a coincidence that we are away (as we always are) on Airshow weekend and that both games against Southampton are midweek dates.

Pitiful from the CT, no reason at all to think that Leeds fans would act any differently next season that they have the last few times they've been down

They've all been rearranged for midweek and from memory had a significant police presence.

How the Premier League fixture list is compiled

When does the work on compiling the next season's fixtures start?
For me it is at the start of the year when I get the playing dates from the Premier League. The whole thing is built up, putting in the international dates from FIFA, then the European club competitions. Then the Football Association adds the dates for its competitions. You’re left with the dates when you can play league and League Cup matches.

We also consult fan representatives, from the Football Supporters' Federation, and other stakeholders, to take on board their views.

Around March, the Premier League sends to its clubs a form asking questions such as whether there are there any dates they wish not to be at home - which is answered in conjunction with the local police - and whether there are any teams they do not wish to play at home on Boxing Day.

;