Leeds United new badge

Leeds have never made me laugh before especially since 1990 but this...I' m in such a good mood ( cheers L.Snooty 10/10) I'm going to take the missus out for a candlelit meal tonight instead of trying to seduce her with a bag of chips under a lamppost. Sad thing really is that there are some decent Leeds fans, not many, granted but maybe its time for me to lay off them now?

Our club badge is nearly 50 years old, and is so typically early 1970s, it is really time for an upgrade. I used to wear it on the front of my scarf with pride in the 70s, but now I am embarrassed every time I see it.
Footballs with large spots on them went out with the Ark.
Do we have a marketing department who know the year is 2018 and not 1972?

The Flying Picket - 24/1/2018 14:34

Our club badge is nearly 50 years old, and is so typically early 1970s, it is really time for an upgrade. I used to wear it on the front of my scarf with pride in the 70s, but now I am embarrassed every time I see it.
Footballs with large spots on them went out with the Ark.
Do we have a marketing department who know the year is 2018 and not 1972?

Our modern gold take on the crest looks classy and nice.

Willing us to change it means you could end up with the mess Leeds have.

I love our crest.

Well, the Leeds badge is terrible but . . . let's be honest, ours is pretty tacky.
A profile of a guy heading a ball . . .?
Doesn't exactly scream class, history, pride, etc. Plus, based on the movement indicated by the line of his hair, he looks like he's actually missed the ball.
But I guess if we keep it long enough, it will become classic, historical, and awesome.

Ok, while I'm on the topic of our badge and it's 1971-ishness, what about this beauty from the early Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic days?
https://thefootballcrestindex.com/blogs/premier-league-clubs/afc-bournemouth

It's got the cherry tree, some nice heraldry, and the motto "Pulchritudo et salubritas" is nice too (Excellence and good health).

Attachments

• AFCB_01_grande.jpg
    75 bytes · Views: 0
canadiancherry - 24/1/2018 14:46

Well, the Leeds badge is terrible but . . . let's be honest, ours is pretty tacky.
Doesn't exactly scream class, history, pride, etc. Plus, based on the movement indicated by the line of his hair, he looks like he's actually missed the ball.
But I guess if we keep it long enough, it will become classic, historical, and awesome.

Being a new comer to the team, what would you like in the badge? Their pier? The beach? That would all look tacky. Bournemouth is not an old town, we dont have history to call on.

I think it still looks modern with the gold edging. Better than many.

Druss_the_Legend - 24/1/2018 15:12

Being a new comer to the team, what would you like in the badge? Their pier? The beach? That would all look tacky. Bournemouth is not an old town, we dont have history to call on.

Are you referring to this?

Attachments

• southampton-badge.jpg
    southampton-badge.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 0

Hey Druss, not sure if you saw what I posted right after.
I actually prefer the older Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic badge with the (cherry?) tree, lions, fish, birds. I don't think it's tacky at all, and with a more professional re-do (maybe with some black added?) would look pretty good.

Ken Baileys Ghost - 24/1/2018 15:16

Are you referring to this?

Arrrgh! filth! TAKE IT AWAY!!

;