Leicester City v AFC Bournemouth

billythekid

UTC Legend
Two Sides Desperate For Points In Fighting Relegation Game

The Cherries next game after two home games, the latest a defeat against Brighton, is a trip up to Leicester. City are at the moment in a relegation spot like us and both teams will be fighting for the points. The Foxes are without a manager after the defeat at the weekend away at Crystal Palace and the departure of Brendan Rodgers. This could work for or against AFCB, depending on the attitude of the Leicester City players after losing their manager due to their poor form of results.

Brendan Rodgers joined Leicester City in March 2019 and his side finished in 9th spot. In his three full seasons in charge Rodgers saw his team finish fifth two seasons running and 8th in his last full season. He has now departed Leicester City with his club struggling in 19th place this season, for whatever reason it’s a complete contrast to his previous seasons when Rodgers was in charge there.

When Gary O’Neil took over on a temporary basis at the time after Scott Parker’s departure our club went six games on an undefeated run, the best this season so far. This included the win at home against Leicester City with our new owner and his wife present back in October for their first game watching the Cherries.

Since the game at Dean Court against Leicester City, home and away, they have played ten home and ten away games. At home, City beat Leeds United 2-0 and had a good 4-1 win against Spurs in February. The Foxes have drawn 0-0 with Crystal Palace and 2-2 with Brighton. They lost 0-1 against Manchester City, 0-3 against Newcastle United. They then lost against three London teams. 0-1 against both Fulham and Arsenal. Last month 1-3 against Chelsea when Graham Potter was the Chelsea manager. Leicester City’s most recent home game was on Tuesday against Aston Villa and City lost 1-2.

Away from home they have W 4, D 1, L 5.

The last time our club played at the King Power Stadium was in August 2019. The home team took the lead after 12 minutes through Jamie Vardy, 3 minutes later Callum Wilson made it 1-1. Youri Tielemans made it 2-1 just before half-time. Another goal from Vardy in the 73rd minute made the final result 3-1.

In all league games at Leicester, AFCB have W 2, D 3, L 4.
All competitions, AFCB have W 7, D 5, L 8.

Leicester City Team News
They signed four players in January. Defenders Victor Kristiansen from FC Copenhagen for £17.5 million and Harry Souttar from Stoke City for £15 million. Winger Tete has signed a short deal until the end of the season, then he is contracted to Shakhtar Donetsk and due to return there in July. Striker Nathan Opoku from FDM Field Masters Sporting Club on a free transfer. He immediately has gone on loan to City’s Belgium sister club OH Leuven. Players who have been out injured are Youri Tielemans, Johnny Evans, Ryan Bertrand and James Justin. Kieran Dewsbury-Hall will miss the game due to suspension.

Leicester City Player To Watch
James Maddison, the England midfielder has scored 9 goals and leads with 6 assists, he is the man that makes City tick and is dangerous at free-kicks. The top scorer is midfielder Harvey Barnes with 10 goals.

AFCB Team News
Marcos Senesi had to be subbed against Brighton due to an injury so must be doubtful for the trip to Leicester. Otherwise apart from Ryan Fredricks and Junior Stanislas we have a full squad to pick from.

AFCB Player To Watch
I would like to see Tavernier from the start (probably won’t happen), he didn’t come on until we were behind against Fulham and Brighton. He turned the game for us against Fulham and looked lively and got stuck in when he came on against Brighton, but this time against an organised Brighton team, our side couldn’t get back in the game. Otherwise we just haven’t got that striker who can put the ball in the back of the net when we need it in this league. Dominic Solanke does a lot of hard work, but doesn’t seem to be able to put the ball in the back of the net like last season, for various reasons, lack of support and better defenders.

The Referee
David Coote has taken two of our away games this season so far, against Manchester City and West Ham.

Tough one to call here given everything about teams involved. Anything could happen. We may win, we may draw, we may lose. As for Leicester, they may win, they may draw or they may lose. O Also, there's a chance the game will be called off and re-arranged for a later date, but I think that's unlikely tbh.

I've given 6 possible outcomes, if the game goes ahead. I believe there are 5 outcomes that are possible from those 6 scenarios.

Something to ponder...

The Referee
David Coote has taken two of our away games this season so far, against Manchester City and West Ham.

Oh good, that's Leicester getting every possible advantage to score then. Maybe Jamie Vardy will stuff the ball up his shirt and walk into the net this time, to mix it up.

For me I want to see a more attacking side for this game, this is a must win.
Something like:
Neto
Smith Stephens Senesi Vina
Lerma Billing
Tavenier Semenyo Anthony
Solanke

Tough one to call here given everything about teams involved. Anything could happen. We may win, we may draw, we may lose. As for Leicester, they may win, they may draw or they may lose. O Also, there's a chance the game will be called off and re-arranged for a later date, but I think that's unlikely tbh.

I've given 6 possible outcomes, if the game goes ahead. I believe there are 5 outcomes that are possible from those 6 scenarios.

Something to ponder...
Are you able to go through the possible permutations of goals for and against please?

Something to ponder...
Surely only three outcomes possible, as if we win, they lose, and vice versa

Are you able to go through the possible permutations of goals for and against please?

Now we're cooking. I did consider adding that to my original post, but felt better to deliver that a bit later on, perhaps even tomorrow.

To give you a flavour of things, this is me giving an interview around events during my time supervising a local swimming pool.

I recommend going forwards to 1.40 if you can;t be bothered to watch the whole thing (missing out on my award winning , charismatic interview)

Had a look on their fans forum earlier and they’re complaining about their sh1t fans being too quiet and leaving early against Villa. If we can start on the front foot it sounds like the atmosphere will turn toxic pretty quickly..

Wonder if Smith will do a man to man marking job on Maddison. IIRC last time he basically followed him all over the pitch, annoying the hell out of him and it worked very well.

For me I want to see a more attacking side for this game, this is a must win.
Something like:
Neto
Smith Stephens Senesi Vina
Lerma Billing
Tavenier Semenyo Anthony
Solanke
If Senesi is injured still, then Kelly will have to go in CB.
I haven’t seen anything from Semenyo to warrant keeping Rothwell out.

I’ve looked at the last 4 league games for Brighton. These were against Chelsea and Villa at home and Brentford and Palace away. They picked up 1 point from these games (a draw at Brentford) which xG suggests was a poor rewards, having the higher xG value in both the Chelsea and Brentford games. In the four games, Leicester have scored 4 goals and conceded 8, whereas xG predicted 4.56 and 5.65.

GoalsxG.JPG

The average positions of the starting line-up may not be indicative of what will happen as Brendan Rodgers left the club after the Palace game, where Leicester created very little (xG of 0.22). Left winger Harvey Barnes is often the sides most advanced player. Dewsbury-Hall who has been playing as one of the more advanced midfielders and has started the last 6 games, is suspended for this game after picking up 2 yellow cards.

Av Pos.JPG

Barnes has two goals in the last four games, Daka has one and Ricardo has one. Four players have one assist each (Ricardo, Maddison, Castagne and Faes).

Leicester have had 43 goal attempts (7 of them big chances) in the four games, with a fairly even split between the left, centre and right in terms of creating chances. They have conceded 69 goal attempts (although only 5 of them big) with the majority coming from their left flank. For comparison, we have had 41 goal attempts (10 of them big chances), with less than 1 in 5 chances created coming from our right wing. We have conceded 61 goal attempts (12 of them big).

;