Leicester City v AFC Bournemouth

We gotta forget today!

We give Everton a ferkin good hiding...rip their Scouse derriers to shreds..and then....

We Administer the biggest Tonking of all time to...some geezers just past Totton!

He was playing sweeper keeper and was , as you say, on the edge of the area, which is where most sweeper keepers would be. Cook and Mepham were well up the pitch and Mepham let Vardi past him and Ramsdale had nowhere to go. Vardi lobbed him very well.

NOT his fault
Yes, that's how I saw it as well!

The distance covered isn't anywhere near as far. Most of our players will be about 10k in 90 minutes, it's about 1/4 of that in a 2 hour tennis match.
But they can manage it every couple of days or even every day if they have to. I've not really played much tennis but would imagine the stress on muscles and joints is pretty intense at the top level.

But they can manage it every couple of days or even every day if they have to. I've not really played much tennis but would imagine the stress on muscles and joints is pretty intense at the top level.

Yeah, but then there's a lot of recovery time both during the game and between games. Footballers are running 5 times as much in sometimes half the amount of time, obviously it's going to take less time to recover.

Put it this way, I can play a game of tennis after a couple of years of not playing and not ache, but I can't do that with a game of football, I'm shagged for a week aching.

Re. the first goal, it was a microcosm in how Vardy operates, and has done for a decade. And how naive a side can be.

Vardy must have seen us have a little spell of possession, pushing full backs forward, our (slow) centre backs Cook and Mepham up near the half way line. He's built a career from exploiting that exact situation. It was the basis for their title win, hardly a secret.

The nanosecond Leicester win the ball back, there's only one place that ball is going. Lovely weighted ball in behind Cook and Mepham, and that's a goal incoming for Vardy since his non league days. Ramsdale is basically a passenger at that point.

We might have got away with the high line with Ake, because he's quicker. Still taking a bit risk mind. But to do that with those two CBs was asking for trouble.

If we're using those 2 CBs, we cannot play such an extremely high line against PL sides. Simple as that. The forwards are too quick and the midfielders too accurate in executing the ball into the space.

Last edited:
It does make you wonder how tennis players cope.

This brings up another facet of conditioning that shows why footie is very different from other sports. Tennis, Boxing, Athletics you will taper your training towards specific events. So your peak performance is expected only a few times a year. You will train technique at low intensity to make sure you can train more often. Then ramp up intensity in the run up to events, before trailing that off a week before hand to remain fresh. The football season is so long that this isn't possible

In our first four games of all the seasons we have been in this league, we have picked up 4 points in 3 of the 5 seasons.
Thats interesting, and maybe we're worrying too much? I'd compare my 'early season worry level' with that when we lost our opening day fixture at West Brom.

Tielemans incident.

Eddie Howe

Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe was left bemused by the officials’ decision not to punish Youri Tielemans for a “dangerous and reckless” tackle on Callum Wilson during his side’s 3-1 defeat to Leicester City.

Midway through the second half, Tielemans stepped across Wilson to shield the ball, planting his studs on the England striker’s ankle.

Referee Peter Bankes did not award a free-kick but the challenge was analysed by VAR, resulting in a two-minute delay.

After intense scrutiny, Tielemans escaped without punishment. That decision surprised Howe.

“I haven’t seen it again on replay but I was close enough to see it live and it was over the top, he missed the ball and it looked dangerous for Callum,” Howe said in his post-match press conference.

“Certainly from my view that was a dangerous and reckless challenge. I really don’t know what VAR is thinking in terms of why they haven’t acted on it but obviously they’ll have a reason for it.”

“I don’t think there’s intent from the player to do that but it’s happened. It’s not the reason why we lost today, we have to be clear on that, but it could potentially have changed the game at that stage.”

Brendan Rodgers

City boss Brendan Rodgers said the incident was simply unfortunate.

“I actually wondered what it was for at the time because it happened so quickly,” Rodgers said.

“If you’ve coached the game, or managed the game or played the game at any sort of level, you know he’s just trying to get his body between Callum Wilson and the ball. It’s just unfortunate.

“If you review it and slow it right down it looks a really bad tackle but it’s just one of those things that accidentally happened in the game.

“Like it was for the young guy Jefferson Lerma. If you look at him coming up the line, you could say he goes over the top of the ball onto Jonny Evans, at the bottom of his shin. That looked a really poor challenge as well.

“However, it’s accidental. He’s got a touch on the ball and the follow-through sometimes makes it look worse than what it is.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...-news/brendan-rodgers-eddie-howe-give-3271769

[QUOTE
Just sure what Vardy is on, but after playing all of the game on Wednesday night, he looked very lively and played the full 90 minutes, scored two and assist for the third.[/QUOTE]

Probably because he did light training and lounged around his house doing F*** All for the days in-between. You'd expect PL players to be able to this in the early part of the season.

Remember two years back at the Vitality when we played Leicester in a 0-0 draw.

Franno and Ake at the back kept Vardy so quiet, despite Leicester going route one on the counter. And somehow we cannot replicate such a performance, despite Leicester playing in the same style, and Vardy losing 5 yards of pace?

Remember two years back at the Vitality when we played Leicester in a 0-0 draw.

Franno and Ake at the back kept Vardy so quiet, despite Leicester going route one on the counter. And somehow we cannot replicate such a performance, despite Leicester playing in the same style, and Vardy losing 5 yards of pace?
Francis always got a lot of stick for his supposed lack of pace, but he was always quicker than Cook or Mepham. We don’t what he’ll be like after his injury, but we either need find more pace or stop playing a high line.

Francis always got a lot of stick for his supposed lack of pace, but he was always quicker than Cook or Mepham. We don’t what he’ll be like after his injury, but we either need find more pace or stop playing a high line.
The high line wasn't high enough. As soon as the guy who kicked the ball received it they should of pushed up and left him offside. We done the same vs City, we will always get beaten by pace.

;