Lerma contract

afcbmdl27

First Team
Not sure if there is already a thread for this, but Lermas contract expires at the end of this season and with others committing there long term futures to the Club, there has been rumours this could be Jeffs last season as a cherry.
I really hope this isn't the case , he's been outstanding for us since he joined and has controlled his bookings recently too !.
Wouldn't it be great to see him sign the next extension?
Probably one of the first names on the team sheet too !.
Fair play to him for sticking with us for the two seasons in the championship too. Never kicked up a fuss and wanted to go , like some others ! .

I don't think there's a situation where we haven't offered him an extension. He may well want to move on though, and there's nothing we can do about that. As long as he continues with his usual complete commitment until he departs then I wish him nothing but the best of luck and thank him for his contribution.

If he does want to stick around, I'm sure a deal will be made.

Probably misses family and has found the UK a hard place to settle. Hardly speaks a word of English and will have made enough money here to be set up in his homeland.

Hard to begrudge him leaving if he does decide to.

Probably misses family and has found the UK a hard place to settle. Hardly speaks a word of English and will have made enough money here to be set up in his homeland.

Hard to begrudge him leaving if he does decide to.

I know someone who knows him through a mutual Colombian friend and he's apparently very happy here - I think there's a little Colombian community in Bournemouth. A lovely family man by all accounts. That's not to say he won't want to open a new chapter in his career once his contract runs down.

Such an easy player to like - gives it everything. Obviously we've had a number of players run their contracts down and phone it in for the final year. Can anyone see Jeff not giving 100% due to his contract situation? Absolutely no chance.

Is it true then SDD that he wants to move on?

No idea. I only see the guy that knows him a couple of times a year so all I know is what he told me last time I spoke to him, which was probably around Christmas. He definitely has loved his time in Bournemouth and his family has settled well but who knows what his plans are.

No idea. I only see the guy that knows him a couple of times a year so all I know is what he told me last time I spoke to him, which was probably around Christmas. He definitely has loved his time in Bournemouth and his family has settled well but who knows what his plans are.
Surely as a „local man“ he will be happy to stay here until he retires and become a true AFCB legend ;)

The ultimate s**thouse and always plays with a smile on his face. If he was unhappy, he would have agitated for a move two seasons ago. I suspect he speaks enough English to joke around with his teammates or the Local Man thing would never have gained traction. Jeff has never given the impression he is unsettled or unhappy. He has a young family and I imagine he sees the value in his child (children?) growing up speaking English as well as Spanish. I have no qualms with him running down his contract - he clearly has none of the petulance of his turdish ex teammate and is hopefully (!) counting down the days until he can go two footed in on him.

The ultimate s**thouse and always plays with a smile on his face. If he was unhappy, he would have agitated for a move two seasons ago. I suspect he speaks enough English to joke around with his teammates or the Local Man thing would never have gained traction. Jeff has never given the impression he is unsettled or unhappy. He has a young family and I imagine he sees the value in his child (children?) growing up speaking English as well as Spanish. I have no qualms with him running down his contract - he clearly has none of the petulance of his turdish ex teammate and is hopefully (!) counting down the days until he can go two footed in on him.
I would pay good money to see him wipe out the wee turd.

The wee turd will get a reception alright.

Can see Howe having him on the bench, despite his form at the time.

Took the number 8 shirt off Arter and has worn it brilliantly…will always remember him jumping the fence at Swansea and grabbing the ball from a home fan as we pressed to get back into the game…just hope he sticks one on Grealish this Saturday quietly

Gives his all, all the time... Had no idea this was his last contracted season... Surely there have been talks going on in the background... No reason for the club to publicise things and place a for sale tag on him... I'm sure they'll be enough of that leading up to January if the situation hasn't changed...

Can't imagine him downing tools one bit.

I know someone who knows him through a mutual Colombian friend and he's apparently very happy here - I think there's a little Colombian community in Bournemouth. A lovely family man by all accounts. That's not to say he won't want to open a new chapter in his career once his contract runs down.

Such an easy player to like - gives it everything. Obviously we've had a number of players run their contracts down and phone it in for the final year. Can anyone see Jeff not giving 100% due to his contract situation? Absolutely no chance.

Is he very happy or is it just what he says when asked about anything ?!

;