Lerma contract

No idea. I only see the guy that knows him a couple of times a year so all I know is what he told me last time I spoke to him, which was probably around Christmas. He definitely has loved his time in Bournemouth and his family has settled well but who knows what his plans are.

From a friends friend I’ve also heard that he loves living here, but was (vaguely along these lines) “getting sick of the championship” lol. Maybe he’ll re-sign if we look likely to stay up. Certainly wouldn’t begrudge him moving on if we did go down again.

From a friends friend I’ve also heard that he loves living here, but was (vaguely along these lines) “getting sick of the championship” lol. Maybe he’ll re-sign if we look likely to stay up. Certainly wouldn’t begrudge him moving on if we did go down again.
If he's happy hear then yeah maybe if we are likely to stay up he will stay . But as you say should be go down, no one could blame him for moving on .. love Jeff.

A big season in another way as he'd be very difficult to replace. If we do well there's a chance he might sign an extension, although I'd still expect him to leave. Having said that, I was surprised Solanke agreed to the extension so who knows. The tricky thing is if we have a good season that likely means he's having a good season so some mid-table fodder like West Ham might make him an offer.

Anyway, there's a reason why four different AFCB managers have picked him for virtually every single match that he has been available. Normal fans can see all the work he puts in but I also suspect he's incredibly intelligent tactically in ways us mere mortals don't see, and his work and positioning enables a lot of the manager's plans to happen.

A big season in another way as he'd be very difficult to replace. If we do well there's a chance he might sign an extension, although I'd still expect him to leave. Having said that, I was surprised Solanke agreed to the extension so who knows. The tricky thing is if we have a good season that likely means he's having a good season so some mid-table fodder like West Ham might make him an offer.

Anyway, there's a reason why four different AFCB managers have picked him for virtually every single match that he has been available. Normal fans can see all the work he puts in but I also suspect he's incredibly intelligent tactically in ways us mere mortals don't see, and his work and positioning enables a lot of the manager's plans to happen.

Yes agree, and although he didn't choose the price, I'd be disappointed if we paid 25 million for a defensive midfielder who wasn't capable of being on the team sheet all the time and couldn't offer more than work rate/aggression.

Jeff's contract has been discussed on other threads, but as this one is specifically about him I have re-activated it.
For me at present there are only three players who are automatically on our team sheet for every game if they are available - Neto, Solanke and Jeff. Of course no player is irreplaceable, but finding another one with all of his great attributes who could slot seamlessly straight into the team would be a difficult and very expensive task.
His reaction to the win on Saturday was fantastic, and he does seem to love playing for us. He always takes the trouble to thank us for our support after every home game regardless of the result.
Some of our supporters for whatever reason don't seem to rate him so highly, but to me he is second only to Nathan Ake as the best player we have ever had in my time watching the club which dates back to the mid 1950s. It is very unlikely that we ever had anyone better playing for us before then too.
I really hope that somehow the management can make him an offer that persuades him to sign up to another long term contract to keep him here for most, if not all, of the rest of his career.

Jeff's contract has been discussed on other threads, but as this one is specifically about him I have re-activated it.
For me at present there are only three players who are automatically on our team sheet for every game if they are available - Neto, Solanke and Jeff. Of course no player is irreplaceable, but finding another one with all of his great attributes who could slot seamlessly straight into the team would be a difficult and very expensive task.
His reaction to the win on Saturday was fantastic, and he does seem to love playing for us. He always takes the trouble to thank us for our support after every home game regardless of the result.
Some of our supporters for whatever reason don't seem to rate him so highly, but to me he is second only to Nathan Ake as the best player we have ever had in my time watching the club which dates back to the mid 1950s. It is very unlikely that we ever had anyone better playing for us before then too.
I really hope that somehow the management can make him an offer that persuades him to sign up to another long term contract to keep him here for most, if not all, of the rest of his career.
He seems to have fully bought into being a player here at AFCB.
Like you say, his passion is clear to see.
I think it is more likely that he gets a lucrative new contract and stays, than the two parties being unable to reach an agreement.
We will see, but I think now, with the new owners and the new projects in the pipeline, oh and probably safety in this league assured, that the odds will have shifted significantly in our favour.

I'm fairly optimistic that he'll sign a new deal :yes:

The key for Lerma is does he see his, and probably more importantly, his families future in England, or does he prefer say Spain?

I dont think its purely a footballing decision otherwise I am sure he'd have signed already.

my gut feeling, based on bugger all apart from tittle-tattle & things I've heard from that bastion of truth - words exchanged in a pub - is that his missus wants to be in spain, and he will be off there at the end of the season

my gut feeling, based on bugger all apart from tittle-tattle & things I've heard from that bastion of truth - words exchanged in a pub - is that his missus wants to be in spain, and he will be off there at the end of the season
But it has been officially announced by the club that negotiations over a new deal are ongoing. If it was that clear cut that somebody in his family wants him to be in Spain, there would be nothing to negotiate. Where that rumour came from, that he wants to be in Spain, is surely not a reliable source. Moving to Spain may be or may HAVE BEEN his preference, but obviously if the offer is hard to refuse, preferences are flexible and can be changed.

Also that rumour started when we were facing our second season in the Championship under Maxim. Again, different circumstances at the moment.
I remain confident that he can be convinced to stay :)

;