Lewis Cook

So in summary, Cook needs to try his best tonight, but not too hard, while treating this as an important game, but not letting himself be affected by the pressure. He needs to not give the ball away cheaply but try and take risks to create chances for the strikers. He needs to prove he can slot back into the first team by playing in an unsettled second string XI, standing out while simultaneously being a team player.

Sounds easy Lewis :grinning:

Bill are you the Harry Arter equivalent of this site

Erm..well I dont know what I am really Hillers!
I do know...that when I talk nonsense it's mostly deliberately constructed to invite/incite response, a bit wind - upish maybe, sarcastic for sure, and most definitely Dinosaur( further back than that!)...I also know that some others( not you) talk nonsense that comes naturally and that they think it's Top Notch Mod and Indestructible...but most of them are influenced by PL journalists and Twerps like Savage! Football...the Cherries.... brings us all 'To It' one way or another.....so Diverse!
I'm having fun Sitting in the Backseat kissing and hugging myself....without Fred !

Yes but my question is,can Mings play as a left side of a back three if Cook or Francis are out injured.Ill answer that,of course he can,he's not there for the sole purpose of Ake being out.Yes he's the ideal replacement forAke,but he can do the other job

I'm sure he has played in a back three with Ake - can't remember when mind.

So in summary, Cook needs to try his best tonight, but not too hard, while treating this as an important game, but not letting himself be affected by the pressure. He needs to not give the ball away cheaply but try and take risks to create chances for the strikers. He needs to prove he can slot back into the first team by playing in an unsettled second string XI, standing out while simultaneously being a team player.

Sounds easy Lewis :grinning:

It's tough at the top. One day he's going to have to carry the England team so tonight should be a stroll in Kings Park by comparison.

Also if Smith,Rico Daniels were out and we played with aback four he could play left back if called upon

He has played left back in pre season games so in theory he could. He's not played there seriously since his injuries though and Ipswich was a long time ago and not the PL. It doesn't seem like Howe sees him as a left back these days.

One thing we can say for certain is that Lerma and Surman as a midfield partnership is one, massive NOPE.

I wasn't there Saturday, what didn't work about it? Sounded like Jeff gave it away a lot on the radio (in the bits I listened to before turning it off in a huff). Tbf it sounded like he won the ball a few times too.

Whenever. whatever game Lewis plays in he needs to do justice to himself and play his best or at least bust a gut trying ..if it's Blackburn that's fine. Chances are he will do just that! If not another saga is brewing! Come on Lewis..do it!

I don't think Eddie is going to be looking for Cook to be a standout performer tonight. I think he's more going to judging him on how he follows the instructions and game plan he's been given. Most managers understand players can give the ball away occasionally, so that wont be a major concern for Eddie. However, if he's not doing what Eddie's been asking (whatever that actually is) then that's what's likely to be keeping him out.

Yes that’s it, best XI for every game regardless of form, fitness and opposition.

I just don’t know why Howe hasn’t done this since the League Two days.

to be fair, in the league two he had to, it was the ONLY eleven

;