Lewis Cook

Interesting how when a player leaves a club comments and feelings change among some people.

Been reading the comments under the Yorkshire paper, one thinks Cook will probably only sit on the bench at best, also doesn't think he is good enough to compete against PL players.

One comment thinks he was the best midfield player in the Championship.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-star-lewis-cook-joins-bournemouth-in-10m-deal-1-8005660

He's still 19 and will still be far from the finished article. Some people can't see past those kind of things.

Some interesting tweets from ex-Leeds players, incl Jason Pearce, in support of Cook.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/09/noel-hunt-sends-message-to-cook-on-twitter-takes-a-dig-at-leeds/

RobTrent - 9/7/2016 14:41

How is that ironic?

'a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result.'

Looks to be a really top tackler looking at those clips, seems to be able to make a killer pass, too

Impressive

Now I can see why he only had two assists, some pretty shambolic finishing from the Leeds forwards. Should have a number more here if he delivers those sorts of chances.

4FCB - 8/7/2016 12:00

AFCBade - 8/7/2016 11:49

AFCB_REPUBLICAN - 7/7/2016 23:57

Before the Revie era Leeds United were a modest lower league provincial football club. They have reverted to type.

Jimmy armfield, Howard wilkinson and David o'leary would disagree with your view.

Those three happened along after the Revie era (as managers).

While I understand what you're saying, Republican is spot on.

lol...he's spot on is he ? I'd like Republican to come clean if he thinks 18 years in Divvie 1 pre Revie in 1961 was the mark of a ' modest lower league provincial football club'..

The following 40 years post Review up to a Champions League Semi final in 2000 would also suggest Leeds never were 'a lower league provincial club...lower league was 2008-11 as we all know...or is he suggesting they were a sleeping giant ?

I appreciate European Cup Finals or even semi finals and Spurs are an alien concept but come on 4FCB some of the the ludicrous shvite emanating from here of late is hilarious :hihi:

red_house - 10/7/2016 21:27

Before the Revie era Leeds United were a modest lower league provincial football club. They have reverted to type.

Jimmy armfield, Howard wilkinson and David o'leary would disagree with your view.

lol...he's spot on is he ? I'd like Republican to come clean if he thinks 18 years in Divvie 1 pre Revie in 1961 was the mark of a ' modest lower league provincial football club'..

The following 40 years post Review up to a Champions League Semi final in 2000 would also suggest Leeds never were 'a lower league provincial club...lower league was 2008-11 as we all know...or is he suggesting they were a sleeping giant ?

I appreciate European Cup Finals or even semi finals and Spurs are an alien concept but come on 4FCB some of the the ludicrous shvite emanating from here of late is hilarious :hihi:

I thought you were on holiday :grin:

red_house - 10/7/2016 21:27

Bemused by the comments. The fact that those 3 managers came along after revie spanning 3 decades would back up both red house and my viewpoint that the revie era wasn't the blip in Leeds history.

4FCB - 10/7/2016 21:52

I thought you were on holiday :grin:

Im back :mask:

Got jet lag , the zika virus and battled to get back into the country along with thousands of our EU brethren......

and Max has given Cellino 10 million smackers...wtf is going on ?

AFCBade - 10/7/2016 22:02

Bemused by the comments. The fact that those 3 managers came along after revie spanning 3 decades would back up both red house and my viewpoint that the revie era wasn't the blip in Leeds history.

Concur...its the usual bandwagon a rollin'

red_house - 9/7/2016 00:45

SlowDownDerek - 8/7/2016 10:04

red_house - 8/7/2016 04:49

SlowDownDerek - 7/7/2016 23:12

They could always come down here and smash a few shop windows to remind themselves of the good old days.

You and kudos need to find a new hobby :Zzzz: :Zzzz: .... interesting that neither of you were around in the good old days mind...but are such fooking experts on the subject...

Don't get your knickers in a twist. FYI I remember it well and I couldn't really give a toss either way. I'm still going to take the piss out of Leeds fans whenever I get the chance though TYVM.

Must have been hell for you...did you check there weren't Leeds fans under your bed every night......

I took off or a few weeks then log onto find the club has made greatest signing in its recent history and you're banging on about shop windows
:hihi:

That aside I'm chilled as fvck... pass the tequila :beer2:

It was hell for every Bournemouth resident as you well know - windows smashed, bins ransacked, dogs pregnant, children's ice lollies stolen. I'm too scared to look under my bed to this day. There's 25 year olds walking round Boscombe in flat caps with whippets trailing behind them on a string with no idea who their father is.

;