Lewis Dunk

It was in The Sun but seemed just like a lazy extra club to add to Burnley who are also meant to be interested if Keane is sold.

I've seen a few kids on Facebook and Twitter talking about signing him as if it would be a good thing. Liability in my opinion, being Cook's best mate doesn't mean you're good enough for the team. Hell I'd prefer Tommy

Can't say I watched much Championship football at all last year, but if we do bid then I can only imagine he must have improved a lot since our promotion season.

Imploded against Derby in their vital home match last season and got sent off. Good player but we need to sign better IMHO.

We were linked with Scott dann a few weeks ago. He is the sort of no-nonsense stopper we need and not Lewis dunk

northstandmark - 22/7/2016 21:26

Brighton have rejected a 7m bid from West Brom allegedly

At least this will smoke out whether we actually have any interest or not. Think they will be looking for £10million (seems to be the going rate now for top Championship players).

I don't think that we are interested in him as a first choice option (or maybe at all) or we would have bid earlier in the summer. We showed that we can be decisive in our dealings with, for example, Ibe and so I'm left to think the top target defenders we are after need their clubs to sign a player before they become available. Dunk doesn't fit into that category.

Just putting this out there but if we were to sign a back up defender alongside a top quality CB then Marc Wilson is a possibility.

Knows the club, plays anywhere across the back 4, not going to cost a lot and will certainly have the toughness after playing at Stoke. Also suffered a knee injury. Ticks all the boxes!

Can't say much on the lad because I'e only seen him play half a dozen times (totally messed up by getting that red in playoffs as another said though) but are we really so against scouting other top leagues instead of nearly always the Championship? I know Iturbe didn't work but still...We have the money to poach off the other top leagues who don't make near the revenue we do from the TV deal.

If they have loads of potential like Cook (from what I hear) I'm all for it though.

Brighton being linked with a move for a Blackburn CB which mnay see some movement on this one (wherewver he ends up).

There is a logjam with CB's all over at present and once one domino falls, the others will probably follow.

Yes it’s true. You couldn’t make it up!

He’s been called up to replace the Burnley CH, whose name I can’t spell.

See?

There you go.

Southgate's biased towards clubs with infrastructure.

At least that should give our English players a decent break for the next 5 years...............................................

;