List of players pilloried by supporters

northstand pundit - 7/3/2018 17:12

SlowDownDerek - 7/3/2018 17:08

Lincoln City is not a lovable club.

I didn't know if 50 fans joining our ranks at Leicester got them on the list

Fair play to those 50 fans but there were a lot more than that causing trouble in 2002/3 so if anything it puts them into the same category as Pompey in my book.

Pretty much every goalkeeper we have ever had at one stage or another.

Apart from Peyton and the kid who warmed his **************** on the bench at Arsenal.

Well always love Dave Lennard, cracking science teacher, and took our years football team
As for current players, Wiggins and Grabbs both got pelters at various times, not necessarily undeserved
Wolves on teams we hate? Even Watford, though they're getting close, but still nothing compared to Reading, Swindon, Brighton, and Leeds

Ken Baileys Ghost - 7/3/2018 18:17

Pretty much every goalkeeper we have ever had at one stage or another.

Apart from Peyton and the kid who warmed his **************** on the bench at Arsenal.

Vince Bartram? Strange I always thought we often berks or keepers in key high regard

northstand pundit - 7/3/2018 16:14

Thought I had the wrong use of the word there and it does sound slightly medieval but this is the definition and yes Toronto I think those having a go would still claim to be supporters;

Yeah, northstand, I'm being pedantic, I realize. My old man would say about the home team - you can say a player had a shi**y game, but you cross the line when you call him a shi**y player or worse still a shi**y guy. That said, never stopped him from saying "that guy's a bum" when the mood struck him - such is the nature of fandom. Just one of my hot buttons, like people wearing their ball caps backwards (now that REALLY bugs me).

cockbeard - 7/3/2018 20:18

Well always love Dave Lennard, cracking science teacher, and took our years football team
As for current players, Wiggins and Grabbs both got pelters at various times, not necessarily undeserved
Wolves on teams we hate? Even Watford, though they're getting close, but still nothing compared to Reading, Swindon, Brighton, and Leeds

Not too sure if i’d agree with Dave Lennard being a cracking science teacher. My Dad taught me more about Physics in a single afternoon that Dave Lennard taught me over a year. Great bloke though. Loved talking football....

Derek Holmes, I remember him scoring at Brentford and some of our fans calling for it to be offside.
Daryl Flahaven, for being "deliberately to short" : )

northstand pundit - 7/3/2018 16:20

Whilst we are compiling lists here is one - how we feel about other Clubs;

Clubs we hate.
1.Southampton
2.Watford
3.Wolves (see social media)

Hate? Really? At the risk of being pilloried ;) there’s too much hate in this world. Wouldn’t strongly dislike do?

Mark Newson . Once scored a perfectly good tap in goal from a Willo header ...tw*ts in the South End booed until the equally tw*tish announcer gave it to Willo .

there were a lot of newson boo-boys. he had a dramatic loss of form, coupled with a run of scoring own goals. went from hero to zero, was quite sad to see.

A lot of great players got abuse down the years ....even Luther Blissitt or rather Luther 'missit'..... :hihi:

...not sure pilloried is the word...but over the years I have been frustrated by a few of ours...Shaun Close...Kevin Bond....Stephen Purches...John Spicer....Tokelo Rantie....more recently due to the huge rise in what we now expect from our players...to try and berate players like Surman and Afobe is a bit ridiculous when the standard is so far removed from our past being stuck in League One and in brief periods League Two...

;