Liverpool away ticket allocation

So watching away games counts for nothing when the big clubs come along?

I don’t understand the argument. Quite easy to build up away points if you go regularly and easier to get one away point than home. Thus, I don’t have sympathy for fans if you want to do Liverpool away but don’t want to do 10 aways over the last season and a half by doing the likes of Burnley, Sheffield and Huddersfield etc. Having said that 900 tickets seems low

Its 3 weeks away..

As for the allocation we do seem to have an inordinate number of people on the database who are willing to kite their tickets to the highest bidder.

Its 3 weeks away..

As for the allocation we do seem to have an inordinate number of people on the database who are willing to kite their tickets to the highest bidder.

It's not that clear cut though.

I've got 2 mates who are lifelong Liverpool fans, both born in Dorset and have seen a fair bit of AFCB until it became impossible to get a ticket at home.

I've had a fair bit of pressure from both of them, to get a ticket , (I've got the points.)

No, I haven't, they were told that I didn't have the points; but my point is that it not just mercenary fuckers selling their tickets.
It's people helping mates and making nothing out of it.

I said database. Last season the away section was full of tourists....Even then the allocation had been reduced to 1500 or less.

My point is that anyone can register on the database and knock up a few away points even if they don't move the tickets on they'd gain on games like this.

United was the same. Not sat next to that many Orientals since I went to Ladbrooks in China Town. Liverpool last year a guy handed me a Liverpool phone case iPhone to take a pic of him at Anfield in his Bmth scarf!

First time we won at Chelsea (that still sounds good) we were in upper with their supporters about 10 people away to our left.

Loads of grief coming from their lot before kick off, only a couple of lads three or four rows back and me and my lad giving any back, the rest of 'our lot' didn't appear to speak the language!

It's a lot cheaper to buy away tickets and if touts know they can sell, clubs like us will be targeted for certain games. Buying two tickets you don't sell for £30 is an acceptable loss if you can then sell one for well over a ton.

First time we won at Chelsea (that still sounds good) we were in upper with their supporters about 10 people away to our left.

Loads of grief coming from their lot before kick off, only a couple of lads three or four rows back and me and my lad giving any back, the rest of 'our lot' didn't appear to speak the language!

It's a lot cheaper to buy away tickets and if touts know they can sell, clubs like us will be targeted for certain games. Buying two tickets you don't sell for £30 is an acceptable loss if you can then sell one for well over a ton.
Bet they were well chuffed when Glen Murray’s goal went in:lol:
To be fair I had a couple home of tickets in their East Stand and we weren’t the only Cherries in there so sometimes what goes round comes round.

This thing with the Liverpool tickets though and the other highly touted games. Our home tickets start at 25-30 points?

So why start some of these at 10 away points? I‘ve got 27 away points and there are plenty with more. In retrospect If this had started at 20 then I‘d have understood

Bet they were well chuffed when Glen Murray’s goal went in:lol:
To be fair I had a couple home of tickets in their East Stand and we weren’t the only Cherries in there so sometimes what goes round comes round.

This thing with the Liverpool tickets though and the other highly touted games. Our home tickets start at 25-30 points?

So why start some of these at 10 away points? I‘ve got 27 away points and there are plenty with more. In retrospect If this had started at 20 then I‘d have understood

I suppose they calculate take up over a limit that equates to sell out so might as well as do 10 as 20 as 25 to start with. I agree though that 10 is quite low over a season and a half.

IIRC Liverpool used the "working on our ground" excuse to refuse away teams the required number of tickets in our first of season in this league.

I have no idea why they still do what they want rather than follow the rules, although I have noticed in cup matches they're forced to give more away tickets.
Its Afcb who chose the allocation

Just spoke to the ticket office because no sign of my ticket yet. They told me that they are doing the final checks and hope to send them out tomorrow, Thursday, afternoon.

Tip: these checks sometimes lead to ticket applications being rejected putting a few tickets back on sale online. I got a ticket for Arsenal away this season that way. So for anyone still looking, with 10 points, it might be worth logging on tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning to see.

See West Ham took a much reduced allocation at Liverpool on Monday - only 1800 instead of 3000. Fans unhappy as some saw this as an attempt to dilute the planned fan protest. West Ham said they would increase this lower allocation if fans put up a £36k bond to cover unsold tickets!

See West Ham took a much reduced allocation at Liverpool on Monday - only 1800 instead of 3000. Fans unhappy as some saw this as an attempt to dilute the planned fan protest. West Ham said they would increase this lower allocation if fans put up a £36k bond to cover unsold tickets!
They really are greedy b*st*rds.

Thank you for booking your ticket(s) for our Premier League fixture at Liverpool, on Saturday 7th March (12.30pm kick-off).

As you will be aware, the club have taken an allocation of 936 tickets for this fixture. When deciding on an allocation size, we consider attendance data from previous seasons for the same fixture, kick-off time and feedback from supporters who attended the same fixture in previous years.

The feedback we received from Cherries supporters who attended this fixture last season was that the visiting section contained a significant number of non-AFC Bournemouth supporters who had purchased their tickets through unofficial means, including ticket touts.

To combat ticket sales through unofficial sources – including online touts – we took a smaller allocation. This decision was made in an attempt to reduce the number of non-AFC Bournemouth supporters in the visiting section, for the benefit of the Cherries support and as part of our ongoing efforts to tackle ticket misuse.

Unfortunately, we have still seen tickets in the visiting section becoming available on the secondary ticket market. As a result, we are working with Liverpool to ensure that tickets in the visiting section are only being used by the named Cherries points holder, as per the club’s ticketing policy (CAN BE FOUND AT TICKETS.AFCB.CO.UK).

Part of this effort will see random identification checks taking place at the turnstiles, prior to entry at Anfield.

It is important that all AFC Bournemouth supporters visiting Anfield for this fixture have photo identification with them.

If you do not have photo identification on you, or if it does not match the name and address of the ticket purchaser, you may be refused entry to the ground.

Any supporter who has mistakenly booked tickets for a friend or family member, who can no longer attend this fixture, can return their tickets to the Ticketing Team before Thursday 5th March for a refund.

We appreciate your support and will continue to work with supporter groups to tackle ticket misuse and touting; important issues that prevent genuine supporters from attending games.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards,

AFCB Ticketing Team.

Blimey, I'm alright on this occasion but I'm sure I'm not alone in having used other people's accounts to get different friends tickets. I'm sure it won't be as oppressive as it sounds because if so it'll be carnage.

;