Liverpool - The Verdict

So that pretty much confirms my suspicion that Wilson didn’t fancy carrying on and went down with a fake injury then... :ninja:

Putting this one down to incredible bad luck against the best team in Europe.

It really is a repeat of the 89-90 season when the injuries just kept coming, and that
ended in relegation.

Positives are, we are unlikely to sell a crocked Ake in January, or Wilson for that matter.

God knows what team we can put out next week. We might have to dip in to our
"Prince Andrew" squad.....The Under 18's.
...remember 89/90 and Harry’s bad luck with injuries especially defensively but he couldn’t address it with his old guard signings like Langan and the like. I think Eddie will have more at his disposal and we will be okay

Seriously?

Yeah, that’s what I and everyone around me thought at the time. Like I said on another thread, it reminded me of that Wolves game where Mings went down clutching his back, only to reappear in training a few days later. The fact that he’s pretty swiftly been confirmed as having nothing wrong doesn’t help.

You’re welcome to disagree of course.

Yeah, that’s what I and everyone around me thought at the time. Like I said on another thread, it reminded me of that Wolves game where Mings went down clutching his back, only to reappear in training a few days later. The fact that he’s pretty swiftly been confirmed as having nothing wrong doesn’t help.

You’re welcome to disagree of course.
Well I can’t, because I don’t know, but Callum doesn’t strike me as a player that hides in bad form.

He motioned straight to the bench. I would imagine Eddie has asked all of them that feel a twinge to come off rather than risk long term damage. Particular when the games gone.

Well I can’t, because I don’t know, but Callum doesn’t strike me as a player that hides in bad form.

He motioned straight to the bench. I would imagine Eddie has asked all of them that feel a twinge to come off rather than risk long term damage. Particular when the games gone.

This.

He also wasn’t particularly bad yesterday yet some act like he’s ran over their cat.

He got no service, he had maybe one real chance? The rest of the time he was getting a £70million Van Dyk riled up because he was in a physical battle for most of the first half.

Meanwhile Ryan Fraser was being beaten for pace and movement by James Milner, but Wilson is the latest scapegoat that can do no right.

This.

He also wasn’t particularly bad yesterday yet some act like he’s ran over their cat.

He got no service, he had maybe one real chance? The rest of the time he was getting a £70million Van Dyk riled up because he was in a physical battle for most of the first half.

Meanwhile Ryan Fraser was being beaten for pace and movement by James Milner, but Wilson is the latest scapegoat that can do no right.
Ryan Frasers apparent overnight loss of pace is one of the most bemusing occurrences in a long line of bemusing events this season. Last week the little bugger was getting outpaced by Jan V of spurs, a 33 yr old cb playing at full back! Unfortunately if you take pace out of his game then he is about as useful as Jordon at 2am on a Saturday morning behind the wheel of an expensive motor with an overeagerness to purchase a bacon butty from the nearest cafeteria establishment.

I know its a ' cut your nose off' situation because of a serious lack of players but I'd have Fraser nowhere near the team. Stick him out in the cold training with the U18's. Take the contact offer away and freeze him out. Such a shame that he has caused this situation. Had he handled it differently he wouldn't have caused this feeling amongst some of the fans.

I know its a ' cut your nose off' situation because of a serious lack of players but I'd have Fraser nowhere near the team. Stick him out in the cold training with the U18's. Take the contact offer away and freeze him out. Such a shame that he has caused this situation. Had he handled it differently he wouldn't have caused this feeling amongst some of the fans.

He's handled the whole situation spectacularly badly, but the weird thing is I don't think his effort rate has dropped that much. It's more his confidence and (as others have said here) his lack of pace this season. We've seen with the likes of Dele Alli how much difference confidence can make, so maybe for everyone's sake he needs to go and play under a new manager with a new team. I do not think he's got the raw attributes or speed of thought for a champions league club though.

One thing that has always struck me is Callum's inability or unwillingness to challenge in the air. He always leans in or pushes. Never jumps to challenge in the air. Mostly, and rightly, concedes a free kick. Fletch is on the staff and a master of challenging in tbe air, why hasn't Callum been coached in this?

One thing that has always struck me is Callum's inability or unwillingness to challenge in the air. He always leans in or pushes. Never jumps to challenge in the air. Mostly, and rightly, concedes a free kick. Fletch is on the staff and a master of challenging in tbe air, why hasn't Callum been coached in this?
Maybe because he's not that tall Paul?

Chouwlsea next.....Franks boys copped it at big Duncs Inauguration Shindig....so they will be facing us post - bollicking. Frank was seething!
His boys played like they were wearing ice- skates.
They will rip into us from the off next week like starved hyenas!
I think we could/need to go ' long ball' for this one...Ibe and Fraser up front...every other Cherry and his bubble- gum banned from going over the half way line !?!?!

;